What would you consider to be ENOUGH shoes..

Wait what? You implying that having 20-50 shoes is ideal for your life?
yeah especially if you are willing to make 5-10 of them beaters and use them on a daily. I'm still rocking kicks I got in 06.. the soles aren't falling apart or anything like that. just really heavily worn. anything more and you are just being flashy/obsessive

Nah... I just buy shoes accordingly and donate my shoes to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Atm, Id say no real limit BUT that is based on me only buying new kicks when I need new ones (current rotation gets too beat) and only if theyre below retail

I was at 150+ at one point, currently hovering between 103-106 because I still buy pairs I like as I sell other pairs lol. I want to get down to 40-50 only BUT I keep looking at my pairs & don't want to drop 75 of them. Once I get to 75 I'll really look at the pairs again because I KNOW I don't wear most of them & place way too much personal value in them when I don't wear them...but they're also something I don't want to get rid of for one reason or another(for example concord 11 mids I waited all evening at a mall for in a midnight release, struck out, then went to an outside shop in the damn winter & sat for 8 or 9 hours(a long *** time) just to be sure I didn't do all that for nothing). I never wore them lol, I may start & sell my concord lows but pairs like that have a different meaning of determination(which is why I haven't worn them) since they became "more than shoes".

Basically it's enough when you start considering whether or not you have enough shoes, when you forget how many shoes you have, when you have stacks of boxes but you only find yourself being able to wear the same few because it's too much hassle going through getting other shoes out, when it becomes a chore to wear/take care of/organize your shoes, and/or when you can look at the amount of shoes you've bought & think about something of significance you could have but you hold yourself back from getting/doing it. If you meet ANY of those points I say you have too many & should reevaluate things, it'll be different levels for everyone of course but that's my opinion.

^ I was exactly where u are in 2011 trust me when I say once u drop those excess pairs you will feel better.

I gotta get over that more than shoes thing and just realize at the end of the day it's just rubber and cotton usually. If they mean that much put them in your 50 pairs category...

I'm still around 70 but trust me when I say I'm getting over the whole "these mean this" to me... if u don't wear em sell em

^ I was exactly where u are in 2011 trust me when I say once u drop those excess pairs you will feel better.

I gotta get over that more than shoes thing and just realize at the end of the day it's just rubber and cotton usually. If they mean that much put them in your 50 pairs category...

I'm still around 70 but trust me when I say I'm getting over the whole "these mean this" to me... if u don't wear em sell em

To have the "there only rubber and cotton" outlook is deff good but it is hard to get rid of them wen u look at them more then just rubber and cotton and as more of a prized possession imma donate some of the older pairs of shoes I got that aren't jordans... Like my pumas and ice creams and some old air forces

Up until last year I never let myself have over 20 at one time. Whenever I was about to go over that point, I'd either give pairs away or let a friend who wants a specific pair take it for the super low.

I occasionally go to put a pair on and realize that I no longer have them though, so I think I'll raise my cap to 50.

I am probably beyond that. every-time I want to wear some tennis shoes. I have to first go through Jordans mentally and decide which color i have by number. Then i associate similar colors in other shoes i have. It can take some time. I think last time I counted I was at about 178

I am probably beyond that. every-time I want to wear some tennis shoes. I have to first go through Jordans mentally and decide which color i have by number. Then i associate similar colors in other shoes i have. It can take some time. I think last time I counted I was at about 178
178?!?!? 
sick.gif
 And people look at me like I'm crazy at only 40-50 pairs. Must be a head ache for you to even think about what to wear each time. 

Do you have a room dedicated to sneakers??
eek.gif

Do you have a room dedicated to sneakers?? :wow:

In my previous places yes I always had a two bedroom and the spare was for shoes. Now I have a two bedroom and my younger sister lives with me. Luckily I have a huge walkin closet now. But yes sq feet/room amount/closet space is always a factor when I get a new place. I've been doing this for about 8 years so you can imagine how I've accumulated that many shoes

Back
Top Bottom