What would YOU do if your Talent was controlled by others? Design Appreciation or Not.

Originally Posted by w3stchicago

Originally Posted by Rafool

I wouldn't want anyone, ANYONE controlling what I'm best at or what I love to do and tell me how they want me to do it but maybe I will if I'm trying to get up hire and support a family you know? I'm not saying that's me now but if that happens to me in the future then that's what I would do, it's either that or probably get fired.

So what you're trying to say on the last part though is that, it's not the designers fault that the final product comes out like it does but the companies? For example Jordan Brand's designer?
First, thats business. Everywhere you go, if your not the boss, you will be told to do something their way. And to get up hire and support a family? Do you have a family yet? Because if you do or once you do you have to change that attitude really quickly or else you wont support your family. You have to listen and respect higher authority, especially in this economy. And what he's saying, is what you said. Its not the designers fault. Its the company who looks at the shoe and says add this and delete that and all that crap. So the designer who is supporting his family listens to what they say.
I don't think you read all of what I said. Yeah I said I would never be told what to do but read what I said after that. "I wouldn'twant anyone, ANYONE controlling what I'm best at or what I love to do and tell me how they want me to do it but maybe I will if I'mtrying to get up hire and support a family you know?" See I agree with you. I will probably be told what to do and I'll have to listen to anyorder to keep my job and move up hire in the business. I understand that, I won't like it, but that's life.

excellent point, basically people should lay off on the criticism since it is entirely possible that the original designs are better than the releasedmodel....if thats the case, i would really love to see the original designs were

i still maintain that the jordan 2009's arent as bad as ya'll making it out to be...

Well... my point was neither to indicate people shouldn't criticize.. because EVERYONE has the right to critique anything they have a displeasure with. YetI think every person who is able to lay such thick criticism shoud understand how they would feel in the same situation associated with something they do intheir lives.

Thats all.

Originally Posted by KEARSE15

excellent point, basically people should lay off on the criticism since it is entirely possible that the original designs are better than the released model....if thats the case, i would really love to see the original designs were

i still maintain that the jordan 2009's arent as bad as ya'll making it out to be...
So true. Sometimes people forget that these jordans are meant for basketball and performance use rather than looking good.

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by KEARSE15

excellent point, basically people should lay off on the criticism since it is entirely possible that the original designs are better than the released model....if thats the case, i would really love to see the original designs were

So true. Sometimes people forget that these jordans are meant for basketball and performance use rather than looking good.

Sometimes? You mean all the time. To me anything 15 and up is meant for ballin. But many people still have that thought in their head that its all about casualwear like the III's and the IV's etc. JB is making a ballin shoe not a casual shoe. Im pretty sure the 2009 has all the tech in it. So im lookingforward to all the releases. White and Black is plain but not a bad looking shoe IMO.

Good to see you post Rock

as far as the design goes...seeing some one change the design of something you've bonded with and have grown to like/love as the process of creating thatshoe goes along can really be frustrating and can really get to you inside but you can't do too much about it for the simple fact that some have a highersay then you...the simple fact is that "minor changes" like saying oh lets make a little change here and there can make a major difference...whenthat shoe that he designed releases he can't really be too proud of it in a sense because his final design was disected and transformed...alot of peoplereally don't get to see every step that goes into this long process or the story behind it...and only get to see the final product..designers have to be asoriginal as possible but we have to face it designers like other brand shoes as well and get inspiration and/or ideas from them as it will show in theirproduct.

but yes designers don't get nearly enough credit for how much time and effort that goes into this process...I for one appreciate the AJ 2009 but would loveto see his original work and ideas...but he did a overall good job(me not knowing which part of the shoe is his and not JB sloppy changes
laugh.gif
)

sorry for the long post
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

I for one appreciate the AJ 2009 but would love to see his original work and ideas...but he did a overall good job(me not knowing which part of the shoe is his and not JB sloppy changes
laugh.gif
)

sorry for the long post
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
good post, don't worry, I edited for you
joking
but good post nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom