whats a good first car

A hoopty for a few years, you're gonna get into fender-benders and you won't take a new car for granted after that.
Got my permit at 16, driving every day almost for the past 4 years...

Still no crashes
pimp.gif

So you'd rather drive a trash Ford than a reliable Honda or Nissan? :lol: good luck with that man. Congrats nonetheless. It's good that you not breaking the bank too

An 08 fusion has better than average reliability on Consmer Reports.

So you'd rather drive a trash Ford than a reliable Honda or Nissan?
laugh.gif
good luck with that man. Congrats nonetheless. It's good that you not breaking the bank too
she hasn't had one maintenance problem and her average cost per year is under 500

only 88,000 miles 

How the hell are you (OP) gonna talk about your family owning a garage, yet it takes this thread for you to realize that BMWs can potentially be maintenance nightmares...? (especially for a 16 year old with no money and no plans to further your much needed education which could help you make it in the future)

Also, pulling a few cars in/out of said garage/parking lot is far from actually driving. Especially in Atlanta.

Last edited:

How the hell are you (OP) gonna talk about your family owning a garage, yet it takes this thread for you to realize that BMWs can potentially be maintenance nightmares...? (especially for a 16 year old with no money and no plans to further your much needed education which could help you make it in the future)

Also, pulling a few cars in/out of said garage/parking lot is far from actually driving. Especially in Atlanta.
not in atlanta bro...we used to live in Philadelphia tenesse and mostly worked on old cars and old muscle...i drove for my pops cars after he had cataric surgery and couldn't see   

my first car I got a year ago was a 98 honda accord ex v6 only for 1800 after all fees and such. I drove that thing hard too :lol:  and I did get in to two mini accidents (just dents), regardless OP like everyone said reliability is what you want and you WILL bang your car up

save the leftover from the 5000$ and build up by getting a job, and cash out on a old STI or WRX next year b :evil:

if you want sporty now look into a nissan 240zx 

honda prelude works well too
i preferably dont like Honda and Nissan lol  

yeah. go to college bro.

not in atlanta bro...we used to live in Philadelphia tenesse and mostly worked on old cars and old muscle...i drove for my pops cars after he had cataric surgery and couldn't see   
JohnWallBruh.jpg

Like @Nawzlew  said, go to college.

Re-read what I said... Where the shop is or isn't is irrelevant. I'm saying whatever driving you've done in the past pales in comparison to driving in Atlanta now that you're 16 (assuming your location is correct and you do in fact currently live in Atlanta). 

Last edited:

JohnWallBruh.jpg

Like @Nawzlew  said, go to college.

Re-read what I said... Where the shop is or isn't is irrelevant. I'm saying whatever driving you've done in the past pales in comparison to driving in Atlanta now that you're 16 (assuming your location is correct and you do in fact currently live in Atlanta). 
i was saying i drove a lot more frequently in Tennessee because of the lack of care by law enforcement 

and why just rack up student loans?

she hasn't had one maintenance problem and her average cost per year is under 500

only 88,000 miles 
Then it's probably due for a good amount of maintenance if she's only spending 500 a year on it. You're goona be replacing a lot of stuff soon including your belts,tires,battery,breaks,etc. a lot of the basic stuff that's going to wear down soon or have already worn out also need services done to check on them. Then you still have to pay for insurance on a 2008 as a 16 year old which is probably goona be pretty expensive (I paid ~233 a month on a 2004 BMW 330CI at age 18 with some discounts here and there with full coverage, 1k deductable and clean record, and this is pretty recent so the car wasn't really new). I would be willing to bet you'll probably end up spending more than 500 on just insurance alone for half a year. Then you still have to pay for gas, and also need the 3.5k to buy the car in the first place + maintenance as stated earlier.

Last edited:
Ignorance is bliss
There's more to college than student loans pa
Yeah your right there's a variety of yambs
How many people are working minimum wage after getting out of college again?
You don't need to go to college to make a decent living b

I would recommend a 240SX if you can find one in stock trim. Great handling, fairly decent acceleration, VERY reliable, and super fun to drive. If not, go with a Maxima or Altima. Can you tell I'm Nissan-biased? :smokin

You don't need to go to college to make a decent living b

Strong username to post content ratio :lol:

If anyone is making minimum wage after getting their bachelors, it's their fault for not applying themselves while in college, B. A simple bachelors diploma ain't gonna get you a 70k job. Especially if it's some dumb **** like English :rofl: When you in school you gotta step ya connections and internships up. Use ya professors to your advantage and get it how you live. It's mad food out here waiting to be eaten, pa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom