What's the furthest you've traveled for some takeout food?

Yeah the one in Elk Grove, dunno why I like it better than the Davis one. I hear they have the better chefs at Elk Grove
nerd.gif
That's what my friends told me too. Both are pretty damn good though 
laugh.gif

I guess this kinda counts as my furthest drive for take out. 

From the University of the Pacific ---> Elk Grove is about 45 minutes. I crave it all the damn time especially since Stockton is terrible with everything.

That soft shell crab and sashimi AYCE 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I drove an hour into Cherokee County for some Zaxby's. Saw a sign that read "NO MORE ILLEGALS!" and turned around. I settled for pizza that day.

Yeah the one in Elk Grove, dunno why I like it better than the Davis one. I hear they have the better chefs at Elk Grove
nerd.gif
That's what my friends told me too. Both are pretty damn good though 
laugh.gif

I guess this kinda counts as my furthest drive for take out. 

From the University of the Pacific ---> Elk Grove is about 45 minutes. I crave it all the damn time especially since Stockton is terrible with everything.

That soft shell crab and sashimi AYCE 
pimp.gif
I think the one in Davis changed ownership, so new management, cooks everything. That place used to be insane, on weekends the line would start at around 10:00 am 

The only Popeyes around me is about 20-25 minutes away depending on traffic. So 40-50 minutes round trip
Popeyes always seems to be a long drive no matter where I'm at

My longest trip was prolly 30 minutes for some Zaxby's

Last edited:
The only Popeyes around me is about 20-25 minutes away depending on traffic. So 40-50 minutes round trip
Popeyes always seems to be a long drive no matter where I'm at

My longest trip was prolly 30 minutes for some Zaxby's
I've always wanted to try Zaxby;s.... I need to figure out what the appeal is with just some chicken strips 
laugh.gif

There's a Zaxbys down the street from where I live but I've never eaten there. Maybe I'll try some tomorrow, what's good there?

There's a Zaxbys down the street from where I live but I've never eaten there. Maybe I'll try some tomorrow, what's good there?
take pics.... but from what I gather its their chicken fingers/strips.

When I visit my cousins in Houston, I'ma make them take me to all the spots you guys mention 
laugh.gif

KC MO heads, you guys ever been to that place bettie's? it's in blue springs i think. my uncle took me there. straight fire.

Drove all the way out to Jacksonville, AR to grab myself some Zaxby's, because I personally wanted to give Chick-Fil-A a break. Was quite impressed the first time I ate there.

still cannot believe that after 4 hours there are no waffle house stories.

when i travel for work i always try to find the nearest waffle house. i drove 45 minutes at midnight one time. had to be at work at 7 the next day.

2.5 hours by bus for some Wingstop.

:wow: wingstop tho? Never understood the hype behind that place, wings are average at best and it's a chain restaurant. Maybe its cuz I'm from NY and getting dope wings from anywhere is standard but it seems like Wingstop gets tons of hype everywhere else.

About an hour from fremont to tracy for sonics.

This was before one opened in hayward...wasn't worth the hype

About an hour from fremont to tracy for sonics.
This was before one opened in hayward...wasn't worth the hype
I was going to say... 

Still, if you're living in fremont and you go on Mission to get Sonics, it's still a far drive. You should try La Vics if you have not already.

My situation was during Christmas eve so everything was closed. I went from Newark to Union City, back to Newark, to Hayward.. If no one here is from the Bay area, thats translated to 15 minutes to point B, 15 minutes back to point A, and 20 minutes more to point C for some Denny's.

I was that determined to find food. My girl and I were starving and yelp didn't do sht.

eek.gif
wingstop tho? Never understood the hype behind that place, wings are average at best and it's a chain restaurant. Maybe its cuz I'm from NY and getting dope wings from anywhere is standard but it seems like Wingstop gets tons of hype everywhere else.
We have nothing else. NYC has everything.

My sis lives in San Jose (were from SoCal) and every once in awhile shed drive out to Fairfield (like 1.5 hours?) for some chik fil a. Good thing one opened up by great America lol

Me...can't say I've done it JUST for the food, but i would use visiting UCR ('09) to get some breakfast burritos hah

Last edited:
still cannot believe that after 4 hours there are no waffle house stories.
when i travel for work i always try to find the nearest waffle house. i drove 45 minutes at midnight one time. had to be at work at 7 the next day.

Now that you mention waffle house I can come up with a story. My cousin was in town from atlanta and his mom was giving him a car that she didn't drive anymore. It was thanksgiving weekend so my job gave me off until Monday so he asked me could I help with the drive back. I obliged with the only stipulations being a free plane ticket back to milwaukee and a meal at the waffle house.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

But yeah the farthest I've traveled was maybe 20-30 minutes to Texas Roadhouse. Everyone had been raving about it so I tried it. It was well worth it!

Back
Top Bottom