What's worth it to get into a fight as an adult?

the attempted murder rate + murder rate is not equal to or greater than the assault rate.... 
Pulling a gun out on someone isn't attempted murder. The common misconstrued definition of "Attempted murder" is legally considered assault. Getting into a physical altercation with someone is battery.

The legal definition of assault is
"Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. No intent to cause physical injury needs to exist, and no physical injury needs to result."

For example, if person A pulls a gun out on person B, in an attempt to back him down/shake him up, but doesn't shoot, that's considered as assault. Even if he does shoot him but doesn't kill him, that's considered assault + battery (physical act that results in harmful or offensive contact with another's person without that person's consent.)

It's not attempted murder until the judge can prove that the man shot him with intention to kill him. If he shot him in the arm or leg on purpose, that's not attempted murder, that's assault and battery. Assault for when he pulled the gun out, and battery for when he shot him.
all these legal explanations to defend the fear of fighting?

NY lookin soft b

Last edited:
all these legal explanations to defend the fear of fighting?

NY lookin soft b

:lol: :lol: I'm not defending the fear of fighting, I'm just promoting knowledge of the law, pa. Gotta know what you getting into before you get into it nahmean? If you pull the blicks out on someone, but don't let it sing, you gotta know that they can't get you for attempted murder. Most you can get is aggravated assault.

The only thing worse than being a street cat is being an uneducated street cat. Gotta know the law, pa. (I'm not a street cat though)

Op I've been punked on a court before but I've also punked dudes more playin ball...this loud mouth dude was at the court with his boys they had to be early 30's I'm on his team homie was playin Kobe ball n passin to 1 other dude I'm like bra pass the ball he's like aiight n sets me up in a situation where It was either score or turn over..I got the ball stolen and we eventually lost the game..I go over to him like yo pass the ball more next time we had a chance to win..he gets looud like can u beat me..I'm like probably so we go play 1 on 1..he beats me and he's up there talkin **** I'm like whatever man and walked away

Another time I get into with this dude at a court me n dude goin at he scores I score he tried to drive on me I blocked him and started talkin reckless he's like aiight I come down and score of him some **** was said next thing I know he's in my face I'm like if u tryna fight we can do that if not let's play ball he gets closer I push him..his boys like aiight chill we go on and finish the game

ohhhh.... where you from they pull it out but don't go really want to put in that work...

I see why we didn't understand each other now...

I wouldn't know anything about that. I don't get involved in those activities, pa. :lol:

[thread="621610"] If you pull the blicks out on someone, but don't let it sing, you gotta know that they can't get you for attempted murder. Most you can get is aggravated assault.[/thread]
ohhhh.... where you from they pull it out but don't go really want to put in that work...

I see why we didn't understand each other now...

e8a7042a_a6d13ca6cdee7460bbcb5c3ccc85c1a6.jpeg

:lol:

If I was you I would've just talk **** back to him 10x worse and more personal.

But since you didn't do that given the situation you descirbe after he disrespected you and you just laughed it off, I would've went back to playing ball and then elbowed him in the throat, steal the ball, make a layup while yelling MELO! bullyballbullyballbullyballbullyball!

As for the thread title question, a dude would have to disrespect me to the Nth degree to get me to "fight" him nowadays or it'd have to be really serious like endangering my family.

Op I've been punked on a court before but I've also punked dudes more playin ball...this loud mouth dude was at the court with his boys they had to be early 30's I'm on his team homie was playin Kobe ball n passin to 1 other dude I'm like bra pass the ball he's like aiight n sets me up in a situation where It was either score or turn over..I got the ball stolen and we eventually lost the game..I go over to him like yo pass the ball more next time we had a chance to win..he gets looud like can u beat me..I'm like probably so we go play 1 on 1..he beats me and he's up there talkin **** I'm like whatever man and walked away

Another time I get into with this dude at a court me n dude goin at he scores I score he tried to drive on me I blocked him and started talkin reckless he's like aiight I come down and score of him some **** was said next thing I know he's in my face I'm like if u tryna fight we can do that if not let's play ball he gets closer I push him..his boys like aiight chill we go on and finish the game
Ole dude gave you BUCKETS! :wow:

Wow, literally had this situation happen to me the other day.

I'm coming home from the gym, get a call from my girl like someone stole my parking spot and they're being a **** about it (Just snowed, technically you can't save spots but everybody on the block does).  I get there, there's 3 dudes on a stoop.  I tell her to go inside and I'll handle it (Last thing that's happening is I'm getting beat in front on my girl).  I ask dude if he's parked there, he says yes.  I tell him that's her spot and he needs to bounce and find another.  He says you can't save spots and he'll leave in a hour.  I say fine and I'll be back.

In the meantime, my girl is mad.  Says I didn't defend her and he was disrespectful (which I wasn't there for) to her.  I tell her you want me to fight 3 dudes who have nothing better to do than smoke weed and sit on a stoop over a parking spot?  She's quiet but now I'm mad at her and the dudes.

Hour passes, dude's car is still so I knock on his door, he says you can't save spots and he'll leave soon.  Tell him he needs to move now and he does.  I've been in plenty of fights in high school and at this point in my life it's not worth it.  You either win and the other person gets hurt badly or tries to get revenge later or you lose and look stupid.  

I don't really see the need to fight as an adult unless your personal well being is at danger.  

Getting physical in a pickup games seems sketchy. If he sucks why would you need to get physical in the first place that's usually reserved for dudes who are giving you buckets and you wanna get in their head. When you're trash no one guards you.

Old/slow cats stay on that Bruce Bowen ****. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Ole dude gave you BUCKETS! :wow:

Yea he did no lie..he was goin extra hard since his girl & son were up there as well...***** tried to make me look like a chump...I blew it off and took my L...

Last edited:
Update -

Played ball at the same gym as dude today. After I got done beating his team and saw he was about to leave I called it quits for the day and went over and told him to meet me outside. He came out, I extended my hand out for a handshake and put the grasp of Zeus on dude's hand and asked if he was good. Long story short, he told me he's been upset about losing his dad this year and those "friends" of his that were there talking **** about him behind his back. Legit looked like he was about to cry talking about it. He apologized for how he acted and I dapped the dude up and told him it's all good.

Thought this was a mature way of handling it instead of stomping him out on the spot just for a minor blowup.

Sounds like you have a promising career in progress. In that case, I'd highly recommend against picking a fight, unless it's self-defense. You did the right thing. If anything, say your words and walk away. People with nothing to lose will just get you in trouble. If you have career goals, you DO NOT want a police record.

On a side note, this reminds me of Back to the Future II and III. You'd have to see it from the beginning to understand the entire story, but the moral is: all of your choices have consequences, so make the right choices, and don't let the negative people in your life have an influence on your decision.

Last edited:
Update -

Played ball at the same gym as dude today. After I got done beating his team and saw he was about to leave I called it quits for the day and went over and told him to meet me outside. He came out, I extended my hand out for a handshake and put the grasp of Zeus on dude's hand and asked if he was good. Long story short, he told me he's been upset about losing his dad this year and those "friends" of his that were there talking **** about him behind his back. Legit looked like he was about to cry talking about it. He apologized for how he acted and I dapped the dude up and told him it's all good.

Thought this was a mature way of handling it instead of stomping him out on the spot just for a minor blowup.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] what?

Update -

Still should have put him in the yoke. Learn life.

View media item 1437876

It all depends on the situation, but 9/10, I'm not fighting over a pick-up game. Always have to keep in mind that alot of kids today aren't wired to take an %&^-whooping as a lesson learned and not seek revenge down the road. You just never know what's going on in somebody's head.

Back
Top Bottom