When and Why did Def Jam fall off?

He is the reason why Def Jam fell off... Paul Rosenberg got hired off of his success at shady/aftermath. The Job should have went to a more qualified person with a better ear for Hip Hop.... Paul Rosenberg is a great manager but probably should not be the person who has final word on Albums/Artists

Definitely whenever they made a shift from Rap to R&B and Russell's departure. I want to say late 90's, early 2000's was the start of the decline imo.

Beastie Boys is what really made them relevant in the 80s, that and run DMC, they officially fell off to me when they signed YG. I was done, Rocafella was like the New England Patriots for def jam though

Beastie Boys is what really made them relevant in the 80s, that and run DMC, they officially fell off to me when they signed YG. I was done, Rocafella was like the New England Patriots for def jam though

False information

More like LL

He was their first artist and a flagship artist who had a long string of at least platinum albums

and even before that T La Rock

Beastie Boys had one album on Def Jam

naw you way off there...that was literally their prime.

DMX, Jay-Z, Method Man, Red Man, LL Cool J, Slick Rick, EPMD, etc.

that was da Def Jam 2000 years.

More so early 2000s. I think that was the start of the decline. Def Jam 2000 campaign was pretty much 1999. I think Rush left in the late 90s.

I'm guessing when DJ Khaled became a major fixture there? Honestly after Scarface at Def Jam South and Young Jeezy, I have no recollection of what was going on at Def Jam.

Back
Top Bottom