Who in here can dunk a basketball?

6'1" 190 lbs

I can do flashy tomahawk slams off two feet but, can only do simple one-handed dunks off one.
I've also learned how to perform standing dunks underneath the basket last summer
pimp.gif

who ever had injuries u guys should explain how it happened, i never had something to that extent...just mild sprains here and there

who ever had injuries u guys should explain how it happened, i never had something to that extent...just mild sprains here and there

I could before I messed my knee up looking to get surgery soon. I miss not being able to play ball at all. As for how I got injured. I was on the wing and I seen the back of the lane open. I made eye contact with the point and went for the oop and pop. I blacked out I think because I just remember being on the bench in major pain.

I could before I messed my knee up looking to get surgery soon. I miss not being able to play ball at all. As for how I got injured. I was on the wing and I seen the back of the lane open. I made eye contact with the point and went for the oop and pop. I blacked out I think because I just remember being on the bench in major pain.

yea im just coming back from a torn achilles tendon . im 6'4 194 lbs . It took me forever to get ups but my jump shot is killer . 3 pointers are 75% klutch , currently at FIU but will be transferrin to FSU next semester so hopefully i can get some NCAA coverage .

yea im just coming back from a torn achilles tendon . im 6'4 194 lbs . It took me forever to get ups but my jump shot is killer . 3 pointers are 75% klutch , currently at FIU but will be transferrin to FSU next semester so hopefully i can get some NCAA coverage .

Originally Posted by mfdoom23

hope everything ends up well, wats ur name btw? maybe ill see you on espn one day !

Originally Posted by mfdoom23

hope everything ends up well, wats ur name btw? maybe ill see you on espn one day !

^

Never got injured seriously, but there are things that have happened to me over the years that make me hesitant to dunk in a live game. The worst is playing pick up of any kind with cats that take it way too serious. You know the type. Didn't make the team anywhere, so he's going to be hustle man and play mad D. The worst were the guys trailing you and when they see you rise and know they can't stop you they just run under you. I've gotten a few knots in my back and been up ended way too many times. Dudes don't know how dangerous that is. One bump on your head and that can be serious or lethal.

"I'm just playing hard"

"No your an idiot. This ain't the NBA. Even they don't pull that !+%." (except brandon rush)

^

Never got injured seriously, but there are things that have happened to me over the years that make me hesitant to dunk in a live game. The worst is playing pick up of any kind with cats that take it way too serious. You know the type. Didn't make the team anywhere, so he's going to be hustle man and play mad D. The worst were the guys trailing you and when they see you rise and know they can't stop you they just run under you. I've gotten a few knots in my back and been up ended way too many times. Dudes don't know how dangerous that is. One bump on your head and that can be serious or lethal.

"I'm just playing hard"

"No your an idiot. This ain't the NBA. Even they don't pull that !+%." (except brandon rush)

been able to dunk since 8th grade... 5'10 180
right now 24 6'6 264..

i got windmills, 2 handed, 1 handed, 1 foots, 2 foots, reverses, off the walls, off the shot clock..

only thing i aint doing is spins .. f them 360's

but right now i gotta lose this weight feels like im jumpin' with a weight vest on
tired.gif

been able to dunk since 8th grade... 5'10 180
right now 24 6'6 264..

i got windmills, 2 handed, 1 handed, 1 foots, 2 foots, reverses, off the walls, off the shot clock..

only thing i aint doing is spins .. f them 360's

but right now i gotta lose this weight feels like im jumpin' with a weight vest on
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

^^damn yo, and your 5'10'' !!! SOmetimes i feel embarrassed to say i cant cuz im 6'2'', seems like i just gotta drop the weight and work on my legs, how long did it take for you guys to notice the change in your vertical after working out or doing certain things?
How much do you weigh? you might just have to trim down a bit and focus on working out on key area's and i'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I'm not gunna lie it took me a little while, coming out of high school (2007) i could barely tip the rim
laugh.gif
tired.gif

as of late 2009 i was finally able to jump up and grab/hang on to the rim with one hand.
Then this year i said eff it i really want to dunk, i started working out my abs, doing box jumps, toe raises, leg presses
and just making it a habit to jump as much as possible whenever i played ball.

Note: I really wasn't going hard with the workouts, im lazy as hell so its not like i was doing it 5days a week for 10 straight months
or anything like that but over the course of that time i did def get a dramatic increase in my spring.

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

^^damn yo, and your 5'10'' !!! SOmetimes i feel embarrassed to say i cant cuz im 6'2'', seems like i just gotta drop the weight and work on my legs, how long did it take for you guys to notice the change in your vertical after working out or doing certain things?
How much do you weigh? you might just have to trim down a bit and focus on working out on key area's and i'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I'm not gunna lie it took me a little while, coming out of high school (2007) i could barely tip the rim
laugh.gif
tired.gif

as of late 2009 i was finally able to jump up and grab/hang on to the rim with one hand.
Then this year i said eff it i really want to dunk, i started working out my abs, doing box jumps, toe raises, leg presses
and just making it a habit to jump as much as possible whenever i played ball.

Note: I really wasn't going hard with the workouts, im lazy as hell so its not like i was doing it 5days a week for 10 straight months
or anything like that but over the course of that time i did def get a dramatic increase in my spring.

TruthGetsBusy you got some hops boyy
eek.gif
 at the second dunk in your first vid , how tall are you?
I think you missed that windmill in your last vid tho
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

TruthGetsBusy you got some hops boyy
eek.gif
 at the second dunk in your first vid , how tall are you?
I think you missed that windmill in your last vid tho
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom