Who likes spicy food?????

I was just saying at least we got good restaraunts..despite having taco trucks
no i completely understand, when i was on the east coast, there are some really good restaurants. im just saying after 2am, there aren't many restaurants opened, at least here. it is mostly taco trucks and fast food spots. and obviously the better choice is a taco truck

My friends and I went to a restaurant after a night of drinking. A Chinese restaurant in the city. I was the drunkest. Ordered a Sprite and knocked over the can by accident then stared at the food I ordered without taking a bite. When it was time to pay the check I threw all the dollar bills I had in my pocket at my friend.
yeah, those are the situations i do my best to avoid. for sure, (especially in a big group) someone will act out of character :lol:

Not Vietnamese-spicy like the food trucks you occasionally see around here (burns like hell and has me sweating buckets) but I do love some spice slightly below that point, where you're feeling a burn and a bit of a runny nose but not completely over the top. I'd eat my mom's homemade extra spicy chili con carne all day every day if I could. The dish originates from Texas apparently. I'd highly recommend it.

I bodied one of these before I remembered to take a pic :lol:

IMG_1754.JPG

try this camarones a la diabla recipe. its super easy and i use it everytime. its a different spicy that sticks with you.

ingredients:
3 cloves of garlic
50 chile de arbol
1 onion
1 good size roma tomato
1lb of head on shrimp
1 stick butter

soak the chiles in hot water to let them soften up. (alternately boil them for 10 min)

blend the chilies and vegetables and set them to a boil add salt to taste, then simmer for 20-30 minutes. (youll now its done when the chile peppers/seeds are soft and the mixture is no longer bitter) when in doubt just add a little bit of water and simmer longer.

melt the butter in a pan and cook the shrimp until they are slightly pink. throw them all in the sauce mixture and turn off the heat, let them marinate in there for 10 min. theyll cook quickly.

serve with rice, lots of lime and a cold mexican beer :fire

easy as hell to make and one of the spiciest foods you can make at home.

edit: if youre gonna make this dont eat the sauce alone. youll pay heavily for it. its not that type of salsa eventhough it tastes amazing lol.

try this camarones a la diabla recipe. its super easy and i use it everytime. its a different spicy that sticks with you.

ingredients:
3 cloves of garlic
50 chile de arbol
1 onion
1 good size roma tomato
1lb of head on shrimp
1 stick butter

soak the chiles in hot water to let them soften up. (alternately boil them for 10 min)

blend the chilies and vegetables and set them to a boil add salt to taste, then simmer for 20-30 minutes. (youll now its done when the chile peppers/seeds are soft and the mixture is no longer bitter) when in doubt just add a little bit of water and simmer longer.

melt the butter in a pan and cook the shrimp until they are slightly pink. throw them all in the sauce mixture and turn off the heat, let them marinate in there for 10 min. theyll cook quickly.

serve with rice, lots of lime and a cold mexican beer :fire

easy as hell to make and one of the spiciest foods you can make at home.
What about head off shrimp? My mind still not good with shrimp with the head still on

What about head off shrimp? My mind still not good with shrimp with the head still on

you can substitute for sure, but two things about using cleaned/peeled shrimp... one is they have a lot less flavor,it wont cook into the sauce that much. Second they shrink a lot. So I would say head off with skin is a good alternative, with peeled shrimp being 3rd choice. maybe use 1.25lbs head-off instead of 1lb. ;]

For deep fried shrimp, are you guys eating everything including the head, legs, and tail? I do. :pimp: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom