Why do guys laugh at WNBA online?

Does anyone here watch any kinds of women's sports?

YES. Women's gymnastics is VASTLY superior to men's gymanstics. Stylistically, it's so much better. And the pummel hose is lame. And Simone Biles could beat a lot of men already anyways.

Same case can be made for women's ice skating. Wayy better stylistically. Women's tennis is entertaining too. There's probably other examples too.

Personally, NASCAR is absolute trash. So is golf. See, everybody can have an opinion. It's just a waste of time to bash on something you're not even into.

the most technical soccer match I have EVER seen in my life was a Japan vs USA Womens World Cup match from like 2011 or something like that.

It was absolutely perfect.

It wasn't about strength and blasting a shot on goal, it was about precision passing and tactics.

the most technical soccer match I have EVER seen in my life was a Japan vs USA Womens World Cup match from like 2011 or something like that.

It was absolutely perfect.

It wasn't about strength and blasting a shot on goal, it was about precision passing and tactics.
You’re tripping and doing way too much now.

And WNBA players are not anywhere near the level of any college and most men’s hs teams

You’re tripping and doing way too much now.

And WNBA players are not anywhere near the level of any college and most men’s hs teams

no you are tripping, go online and check it out. Ive watched Barcelona over the years and im telling you, its even more impressive

A big reason why WNBA isn't anywhere near as popular as the NBA is because you don't get as many of those :sick: :pimp: moments due to the difference in athleticism. The quality of basketball is good, but honestly, many people watch basketball casually to see ridiculous dunks, 3 point shots from damn near half court, blocks that swat the ball into the stands, etc., all of which are rare in the WNBA.

That doesn't justify the sexism though. A lot of dudes are into the "women are weak" mentality and use the WNBA's low attendence as a punching bag to let their true feelings out

Anyway, just speaking of women's sports...

Like others have mentioned, women's tennis is just as fun to watch as the men's because despite differences in strength, there's not much of a difference when you're watching it.

I also agree that women's gymnastics and figure skating are much more entertaining to watch than the men's. Track & field and swimming are two other women's sports I watch when the Olympics come around.

Women's soccer is also fun to watch too, but it depends on the country. I watched a women's FC Barcelona match vs women's Manchester City and the Spanish women were clearly 10000000x better than the English :lol: There's not AS much of a gap in men's soccer

Last edited:
I wont answer the silly question of why they get made fun of. Its the internet. All fair game behind anonymity.

But to another point, doesnt the wnba go hard (no pun) marketing towards women and the lgbtq community?

And this particular group has financial power but the league is still a cash shredder.

So that to me says that they themselves dont find the the product appealing.

It should definitely exist for the simple fact of having a symbol of women athleticism. But thats where it stops, unfortuantely.

Because it's the internet.

You see people's reactions when women are hired to positions of power in the NBA?

Check some of the posts when women like Becky Hammon and Kelly Krauskopf got their jobs.

There's two types of men that watch women's sports. Men that actually enjoy watching and appreciate the game.

And men like Sepp Blatter that think they should wear sexier clothing.

Wnba need a great player with a larger than life personality. The got greats and legends (Taurasi, Swoops, Leslie,) but they need a baller that look good (preferably) and has an engaging peraonality (C. McGregor, D. Rodman, M. Ali

Pretty much what everyone saying is wnba lacks the level of excitement NBA does. If feats of athleticism don't change that, personal intrigue can.

Last edited:
Wnba need a great player with a larger than life personality. The got greats and legends (Taurasi, Swoops, Leslie,) but they need a baller that look good (preferably) and has an engaging peraonality (C. McGregor, D. Rodman, M. Ali

Pretty much what everyone saying is wnba lacks the level of excitement NBA does. If feats of athleticism don't change that, personal intrigue can.
Women aren’t allowed to act like that in sports. Look how they do Serena.

I love a girl the can hoop.

It’s more entertaining watching homegirl with game cook dudes in pick up at the park or the gym than watching WNBA.

Also women’s volleyball is flames.

:rofl:

A G-League team would mollywopp a WNBA team. You are crazy if you think they would be competitive. I would guess a normal 48 minute game would be something to the effect of 160-60. Something to that effect.
You spotting the girls 50 points of that score?

Reactions: OTG
YES. Women's gymnastics is VASTLY superior to men's gymanstics. Stylistically, it's so much better. And the pummel hose is lame. And Simone Biles could beat a lot of men already anyways.

Same case can be made for women's ice skating. Wayy better stylistically. Women's tennis is entertaining too. There's probably other examples too.

Personally, NASCAR is absolute trash. So is golf. See, everybody can have an opinion. It's just a waste of time to bash on something you're not even into.

Hit the nail right on the head. Women’s gymnastics and ice skating are vastly superior to
Mens. Women’s tennis is more entertaining but the noises are OD annoying.

I’ll also add that women’s volleyball is a thousand times better than men’s. There’s an actual volley back and forth. With men’s it’s mostly just one lob, then a 44 inch vert jump spike to end the set :lol:

Women’s soccer is far more aggressive and cut throat than men’s.

That being said, it’s obvious that WNBA is a vastly inferior sport when compared to men’s college or nba basketball (and maybe even men’s AAU) In mens basketball, you see style and grace paired with athleticism that makes it a wonder to watch. Which is why I enjoy the other women’s sports that I mentioned so much. The grace and athleticismt is top notch. For some reason, you don’t see that with WNBA. It’s clunky. It’s much slower paced. The athleticism is not up to par.

I’ve heard all sorts of arguments throughout my undergrad as to why this is. “Oh, women have wider hips, so the ratio of hip to knee angle puts more Valgus stress on the knee of a woman, therefore more ACL tears and less athleticism.”

“Blah blah blah blah women are inferior at everything blah blah blah.”

The reason I most agree with is that women’s professional basketball hasn’t been around for that long. Hell, hasn’t collegiate basketball only been around since like the 70’s for women?

Long story short: give it time, and it will be better.

Last edited:
Hit the nail right on the head. Women’s gymnastics and ice skating are vastly superior to
Mens. Women’s tennis is more entertaining but the noises are OD annoying.

I’ll also add that women’s volleyball is a thousand times better than men’s. There’s an actual volley back and forth. With men’s it’s mostly just one lob, then a 44 inch vert jump spike to end the set :lol:

Women’s soccer is far more aggressive and cut throat than men’s.

That being said, it’s obvious that WNBA is a vastly superior sport when compared to men’s college or nba basketball (and maybe even men’s AAU) In mens basketball, you see style and grace paired with athleticism that makes it a wonder to watch. Which is why I enjoy the other women’s sports that I mentioned so much. The grace and athleticismt is top notch. For some reason, you don’t see that with WNBA. It’s clunky. It’s much slower paced. The athleticism is not up to par.

I’ve heard all sorts of arguments throughout my undergrad as to why this is. “Oh, women have wider hips, so the ratio of hip to knee angle puts more Valgus stress on the knee of a woman, therefore more ACL tears and less athleticism.”

“Blah blah blah blah women are inferior at everything blah blah blah.”

The reason I most agree with is that women’s professional basketball hasn’t been around for that long. Hell, hasn’t collegiate basketball only been around since like the 70’s for women?

Long story short: give it time, and it will be better.

WNBA is VASTLY superior to the NBA nd NCAA?

How?

Back
Top Bottom