why do people drive drunk or buzzed??

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

because they gotta get home.
thats why i did it..but both times i did it..i was paranoid as +*!%..one time i drove by all these cops that were parked in a parking lot..usuallyi just stay where i'm at and sober up

A lot of people drive drunk because they're too drunk to realize that they shouldn't. My boyfriend told me he once woke up in his car half way throughan intersection.

I was in a DUI accident, the driver and my bestfriend were killed. myself and my other friend were just really banged up. I NEVER drink and drive for anyreason. When you lose people you care about to drunk driving you look at it different I guess.

ive drove drunk about 3 or 4 times and honestly didnt see any difference in my driving (or maybe i just didnt know) but i think it was that it didnt have anyeffect on my driving because i have people in the car and they have never said your about to hit something or "what are u doin" if anything i think idrive better when i was drunk i had both my hands on the wheel (which i never do), had my seat belt on and made my friends put theres on (which i never do)turned off the music (which i never do) so........

ive had to put on drunk glasses before and try to drive a virtual car and let me tell u those things are so fake and just give u bad scores to try to scare uinto not driving drunk

dont get me wrong driving drunk is bad bbut sleeping in the back of my car in the club parking lot doesnt look good either and u can get in trouble for thatalso

flame on

wheres the dude that was driving drunk and he smashed into a police car?

i would safely guess that i won't hear from him though...have fun in jail.

DRIVING AFTER SOME FIRE PLANT

HAVE ME TRIPPPING

AND WHEN ITS NIGHT TIME BE FEELING LIKE

I CAN SLEEP ANY MINUTE BEHIND THE WHEEL

Ive done it several times.

the things is, i feel like i know when a "real" situation is about to happen and knowing what could happen if i drive sloppy usually sobers me uprather quickly.

Im extra attentive as well. I wont even drive with the radio on.

See, the funny thing about thinking that you drive well drunk is that you're drunk when you think that.

Driving buzzed is to driving drunk as sex with a 17 year old is to sex with a 7 year old.

The latter are manifestly wrong and evil and the former are only illegal because of politics and pushy puritans.

Yes a buzzed driver could kill someone but as some already said, the guy who had "a few beers" is either lying and was actually drunk or he was notimpaired and got into an accident for some other reason. Driving presents a risk, everything presents a risk and as long as society lets people listen tomusic, sip coffee, drive even after going all night without sleep or drive with loud and obnoxious children, society should not frown upon someone driving whois below his State's already Draconian and low BAC.

if i am having a few beers i'm not drunk. but if i am going to get drunk i just get a cab or stay where i'm at.

i gotta get home and dont live any where near a cab goes also the friends been drinking too and we dont live exactly close by

I got pulled over last night drunk off my %%% (14 shots in about 30 min) in a girl I just met's Camaro. Two cruisers pulled me over. They pulled me out ofthe car, asked me if I had been drinking. I said I wasn't driving. They said "sir we saw you get out of the driver's seat," so I was like"yeah my bad I was." They asked me if I had had anything to drink, I was obviously drunk, I said no. They asked me to recite the alphabet backwardsfrom W to E (what the hell, right?). I laughed and told them I couldn't, but I could do it forwards. I tried and failed. One of the cops told me"don't drive" and made sure I got in the passenger seat. Then we drove off. No ticket, nothing.

I feel lucky, and kind of bad for driving drunk, but honestly I feel more scared about the fact that as this whole thing was happening, I couldn't havecared less. I was smiling the whole time, laughing at how drunk I was, and the second I got back in the car I got a text from my friend giving us the addressto a party so off we went and I got even more hammered. It didn't even phase me until the morning when I was piecing the night back together and Iremembered it happening.

The cop was cool as hell though, I wish I knew who he was so I could give him some $$$.

Rex has it perfect. Except for the 17 and 7 statement, i dont agree with that. Like he stated later by law it would mean the same thing.

All im going to say is life is really complicated, and a perfect world will never exist. Therefore we will always have murders, drunk drivers, assassins, andother stuff.

Originally Posted by upstateboibeats

nothing wrong with driving buzzed.
62rjf9gga4.gif

The unfortunate thing with people who think they're fine driving buzzed is that they don't realize the possible danger until either they or a loved oneis affected by buzzed/drunk driving accident. Some people are just way too stubborn and believe that they're not lightweights so they feel it's ok forthem to drive home. Too bad such a lesson could end up with someone getting hurt or possibly even dead. I could never take that chance.

for those that think driving buzzed is ok.....know that even with a bit of alcohol in your system... your reaction time is markedly slower.

yeah... sure... you were able to get home safely that time... but just wait until there's a situation when you need to react quickly.

it is nearly impossible to drive drunk here unless you want a DUI on your record. The cops pull random drivers and give the sobriety test along with many otherthings. And they do it on a constant base!!

it is nearly impossible to drive drunk here unless you want a DUI on your record. The cops pull random drivers and give the sobriety test along with many other things. And they do it on a constant base!!

Around here they start random stops at the end of November - for all the folks who go to work Christmas parties and stuff. And they catch thousands of people.

The other one they are big on is doing them at 8:30am - to catch the people who got absolutely hammered the night before and still have enough alcohol in theirsystem for a positive test.

Drinking and driving FTL. Why risk hurting yourself and someone else? If you kill someone because you were drunk your life is going to change dramaticallyforever.
Just Dont Do It.

some people drive better buzzed than folks who drive completely sober

buzzed is a subjective term

some peoples' coordination/motor skills benefit from
smokin.gif
as it helpsthem relax slightly. id say the "slightly buzzed" feeling would fall under this category. More like relaxed if that makes any sense

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Driving buzzed=the longest drive EVER....even if its a 5 min drive
laugh.gif

QFT...that and doing 40 = feels like your on a spaceship

driving buzzed improves (my) driving like
eek.gif
if you cant drive buzzed thanidk wth you took.

drunk.....not even

Back
Top Bottom