Why Do People Like The "Icy" Bottom?

But would you guys still buy 2 pairs if you didn't have to?
I go back to the foamposite example:
I can only afford one pair, but I'm guaranteed that these joints are going to take me to hell and back.
Does this go back to the point about Nike profits?

^True i only brought 2 pairs of the same kicks when i got the bred 11's since then i have never done it again because i can't afford to do so but it's an investment because you can always sell your second pair especially if you keep it deadstock and its a hard to find shoe like the air yeezy

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Haha for real... I know what you mean with the MSVI's bottom.

I've been wearing my Eggplants from 09 whenever, and I swear those things are bulletproof. The soles on them aren't yellow, and they still look nice. I guess it's because the foams are built like tanks.

But yeah, I live in FL, where it rains all the time, and it doesn't really matter when to wear them. Just gotta clean them well and spray them down with shoe protector after each lengthy wear. As weird as that sounds, it's worked wonders for a lot of my clear soled kicks.
What shoe spray do you use to keep them icey?

Originally Posted by juicyju

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Haha for real... I know what you mean with the MSVI's bottom.

I've been wearing my Eggplants from 09 whenever, and I swear those things are bulletproof. The soles on them aren't yellow, and they still look nice. I guess it's because the foams are built like tanks.

But yeah, I live in FL, where it rains all the time, and it doesn't really matter when to wear them. Just gotta clean them well and spray them down with shoe protector after each lengthy wear. As weird as that sounds, it's worked wonders for a lot of my clear soled kicks.
What shoe spray do you use to keep them icey?

I usually get the Champs Ultra Protector or there's a gel protector that you can get from any "real" shoe store. That stuff does wonders. Even Scotchgard works, just don't use it on white or it will turn slightly yellow. All of them work on the icey soles though.

I don't see why people are so concerned with having the bottom of their shoes clean. Thats like buying a bicycle and trying to leave all the tread on the tires. It shouldn't matter if you wear them, but then again most people on here don't wear their shoes anyway.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

I don't see why people are so concerned with having the bottom of their shoes clean. Thats like buying a bicycle and trying to leave all the tread on the tires. It shouldn't matter if you wear them, but then again most people on here don't wear their shoes anyway.

I could care less if my soles are clean.
Like I said in the OP, I wear all of my sneakers.
My problem with these icy bottoms, is after a few months (sometimes weeks with recent stuff) it looks like I stepped in a puddle of dog piss!
Who wants to walk around in sneakers that look like that.
And I don't care what other people think, but when I look down, I don't want to say: "Dang! Did I step in dog piss?!?!"

This is exactly how i feel there just kicks lol at dudes on here wearing there kicks and rushing home to clean them i mean come on really smh
tired.gif

There shoes mean to touch the floor there going to get dirty that's just the way it is i can understand wiping dirt off them  but people go to far IMO

There's just no way around yellowing and oxidation if you wear these regularly and/or you don't take care of your shoes. I don't think most people like yellowing, but it's just a part of life for a sneakerhead.

It is possible to keep shoes that are 20 years icy, but they had to DS all this time and taken care of under controlled conditions. (boxed, kept in a dark & cool place. not saran-wrapped, nor displayed under direct sunlight or UV/flourescent lighting.)

People are getting away from the topic......
The question is why do "heads" like sneakers with icy soles that yellow*
over solid color soles that don't change?

Im sorry, the iceyness entices me, hell it convinces money to come out my pocket...... I had to buy the bred 11's after I bought the 09 Jams just cuz the Jams were so sick that I had to have a pair I was comfortable with wearing..... But I just got my anni 11's yesterday and they were getting worn as soon as they came in YELLOWING...OR NOT.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

This is exactly how i feel there just kicks lol at dudes on here wearing there kicks and rushing home to clean them i mean come on really smh
tired.gif

There shoes mean to touch the floor there going to get dirty that's just the way it is i can understand wiping dirt off them  but people go to far IMO
LOL you think rushing home to clean them is bad, there's dudes (some in here probably) that buy SOLE SAVERS!  Stuff to put over your soles so they don't get dirty!  that gets a 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 and a big SMH!  Basically walkin around with some saran wrap on your shoes 

You want the real answer why We Like Icy Soles? Its simple. People are like cats, we like shiny like objects.... be it gold, bling, to Icy things. If you really think about it this psychologically makes sense....

Originally Posted by n20andy

Im sorry, the iceyness entices me, hell it convinces money to come out my pocket...... I had to buy the bred 11's after I bought the 09 Jams just cuz the Jams were so sick that I had to have a pair I was comfortable with wearing..... But I just got my anni 11's yesterday and they were getting worn as soon as they came in YELLOWING...OR NOT.
And you're ok with spending more money so the sneakers you love won't be compromised?
Somehow that seems wrong to me.
I believe that sneakers are like art; they are beautiful pieces of work that should be enjoyed.
But at the same time, they are shoes, with a main function of protecting the feet while walking, running, etc.

Originally Posted by GreatestGoliath

You want the real answer why We Like Icy Soles? Its simple. People are like cats, we like shiny like objects.... be it gold, bling, to Icy things. If you really think about it this psychologically makes sense....
Haha GG
Thats actually a little sad when you put it that way.
Hopefully people start thinking about the business side of things; and a few opinions might change.
What's your thoughts on the use of clear bottoms to increase demand for retros?

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Haha GG
Hopefully people start thinking about the business side of things; and a few opinions might change.
Sorry dude but i don't get you if you don't like icy soles don't buy simple lol as for why people like it is because it looks nice that's it

And as for use of clear bottoms to increase demand for retros .........

W.T.F. are you talking about i think that's a better question
laugh.gif

I don't have an issue with clear bottoms on retros.... its a smart business move to be honest. Alot of collectors go out and buy multiple pairs thus ensuring sell-outs and increased demand when they re-retro as Nike will never try to develop a yellowing resistive clear compound...... Its a total win-win.

Regarding the previous posts on page 2 by NTers, I'll never understand why some MALES would care about another MALE'S appearance.
smh.gif
That's suspect to me.

Anyway, I'm not like a cat.
laugh.gif
I understand the philosophy though. I personally don't like shiny things.. gold, silver, etc. I don't wear any flashy stuff. Never have. It all looks tacky to me. If someone gave me gold or a diamond, I'd most likely sell it.

I'd rather have more of a bluish tint on my soles as opposed to a clear sole. Reason for that is because they won't look as bad when they yellow. I wish Nike would invent or acquire a technology that counters the problem.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Haha GG
Sorry dude but i don't get you if you don't like icy soles don't buy simple lol as for why people like it is because it looks nice that's it

And as for use of clear bottoms to increase demand for retros .........

W.T.F. are you talking about i think that's a better question
laugh.gif
Thanks for the well informed response. I wish I could get a little more insight to your thoughts, but that would be like entering an EMPTY cave without a flashlight.
As I've stated before, I don't buy retros with clear bottoms, and will not be in the future.
I would love to buy the cool grey 11, which would help me complete my cool grey pack (3's,4's,9's 11's), but clear bottoms are a no for me.
I'm more interested in why people are buying if they know what the economic ramifications are, and since GG has agreed, I'm obviously not the only one.

I agree with GottaBdaShoes on this one,i always thought why Nike/JB never made a way to make the icy sole on jordan,s yellow resistent,im sure every jordan shoe buyer has thought about this,there is probably technology out there that know of that they could use when making icy bottom shoes to prevent color changing,but just like GreatestGoliath just said,its the perfect bussiness move by Nike/JB,why would they wanna know do that when they know the shoe with the icy bottom i the most popular of them all,people will keep buying them regardless,multiples at that.

Icey Soles are just...well, the Icing on the Cake! walkin around with an icey pair on and knowin you're just chillin throughout the day solidifies that FRESHNESS...that Cleanliness, it's a truly amazing feeling!
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom