Why Do People Like The "Icy" Bottom?

very true ---
Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

yellowing and age gives sneakers character.

well put lol ---
Originally Posted by jumpmanfan1

Icey Soles are just...well, the Icing on the Cake! walkin around with an icey pair on and knowin you're just chillin throughout the day solidifies that FRESHNESS...that Cleanliness, it's a truly amazing feeling!
tongue.gif

....but if you're really set on a always clean sole--
Originally Posted by Agent0024

clean your bottoms, wear with care and stay out of the rain

jordans were the standard 20 years ago
when each of the first bunch of jordan models dropped there was anticipation
as to what they would look like, what new features would trendset
the 4s were extremely popular and gave air jordans even more popularity
than before
so the 5s had to top the 4 and the icey sole and sidewall made people stop and look
no other shoe looked like that (i can't remember an icey shoe before the 5 anyway)
again jordan stayed at the top
then the 6 almost had to have it, since the 5 was the standard now (before Nike could move on
to some new cutting edge concept to give the Jordan and while the icey thing was still hot)
later releases with icey soles are kind of a symbol of Nike's success in crushing the competition
back when there was kind of a sneaker war going on

perhaps

Originally Posted by green rhino123

jordans were the standard 20 years ago
when each of the first bunch of jordan models dropped there was anticipation
as to what they would look like, what new features would trendset
the 4s were extremely popular and gave air jordans even more popularity
than before
so the 5s had to top the 4 and the icey sole and sidewall made people stop and look
no other shoe looked like that (i can't remember an icey shoe before the 5 anyway)
again jordan stayed at the top
then the 6 almost had to have it, since the 5 was the standard now (before Nike could move on
to some new cutting edge concept to give the Jordan and while the icey thing was still hot)
later releases with icey soles are kind of a symbol of Nike's success in crushing the competition
back when there was kind of a sneaker war going on

perhaps

As much as i love my 61 pointers and hares...

I'd say they took a step backwards with the VII's.

Originally Posted by I Stay Lift

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Icy soles look nice when they're icey. 

It depends on how you treat them and how much you really take care of them. I've got a few pairs that are a couple years old that are still not yellow.

^This^

Quite a few variables lead to yellowing. The depth of your concern, far as yellowing  ..AND the work you put in to attempt to prolong their life span, seem to be the defining factors.

If you're willing to pay attention to weather, dirt, schedule, etc. when deciding what to rock for the day.

..AND willing to clean after wearin'em, at LEAST every couple of wears?  ..you can keep'em nice for years.

..not to mention Seaglow.

I happen to prefer black bottom shoes, because I tire easily of maintaining the ice, BUT?

..the sole on a V or VI, does it for me, I won't front.
     ..out the box, they're so dope, and worth the effort required to maintain, IMO.

A meaningless opinion.

I love Ice bottoms when theyre new just like everyone. But I also think well maintained shoes that have been worn many times and yellowed thoroughly look great. kinda like a gum bottom. Its especially appealing on older models like the Vs and VIs. IMO

I love Ice bottoms when theyre new just like everyone. But I also think well maintained shoes that have been worn many times and yellowed thoroughly look great. kinda like a gum bottom. Its especially appealing on older models like the Vs and VIs. IMO

because it keeps their beer cold lol summer time is coming in nyc time for some sea glow at 12pm lol on sundays

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

+1
And I think it gives the shoe a history..

I could care less if the bottoms yellow as long as the visable sides stay relatively clean. And if seaglow can't bring them back, then oh well.. It is a shoe after all.

Back
Top Bottom