Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

The original point of contention was whether or not LeBron had a great first step, and like I said he does relative to his size, and can beat people consistently anyway evidenced by his shooting percentages in isolations situations, while you were saying he does not and cannot. But if you want to argue he should vary his scoring opportunities in half court settings, then I might agree with that to a certain extent.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 So what? That means nothing to me. Shaq probably has a great first step for his size - but his game aint geared around beating his man off the dribble. It would be different if Shaq was out on the perimeter driving against other 7 foot cats...then I'd be like "Yo, Shaq aint gotta first step". Lebron plays like a player who can beat his man off the dribble consistently, and that's what hurts his individual halfcourt game. You truly dissect this dudes halfcourt scoring and I really do believe he's average at best. Dude is driving against a player his height...less weight, and definitely poor lateral quickness in Hedo AND STILL CAN'T CONSISTENTLY BEAT HIM! You shooting blanks brah
laugh.gif
 Time to hang it up.

You corny.
Mad cause cats actually seeing what I'm talking about and things are just unraveling before your eyes
laugh.gif
 I keep it 100% real about all my basketball opinions. I call it like I see it...whether it's Lebron, Kobe, or anyone else. No biased with me.

Your case is built around one clip where it looks like Hedo is playing good defense? There's plenty of clips in this thread showing him beating better defenders to the rim, he shoots 44% in iso, well above average, additionally his scoring production is ~28 points per on 57% TS for his career, and the fact that he's maybe 260 pounds, good first step, fast, explosive vertically, above average handle, etc. has allowed him to do so. Combine that production (and his numbers are actually better in the playoffs) with those physical attributes, and you got the best player in the league. So what's your argument? 
And what are you talking about, there are plenty of people in this thread questioning your logic, even so I agree that he should vary his scoring opportunities more than he does. I'm not sure why I'm arguing with a guy who thinks his opinion is like the bible, so i'll just stop.

Your case is built around one clip where it looks like Hedo is playing good defense? There's plenty of clips in this thread showing him beating better defenders to the rim, he shoots 44% in iso, well above average, additionally his scoring production is ~28 points per on 57% TS for his career, and the fact that he's maybe 260 pounds, good first step, fast, explosive vertically, above average handle, etc. has allowed him to do so. Combine that production (and his numbers are actually better in the playoffs) with those physical attributes, and you got the best player in the league. So what's your argument? 
And what are you talking about, there are plenty of people in this thread questioning your logic, even so I agree that he should vary his scoring opportunities more than he does. I'm not sure why I'm arguing with a guy who thinks his opinion is like the bible, so i'll just stop.

I just wanna know how Lebron went from 6'8 250 lbs at the start to 6'10 and 300 now.

I'm not expecting my SF who's in the same weight class as my PF to have a ridiculous first step either. But that's just me.

post moves? maybe, but first step? nah.

I just wanna know how Lebron went from 6'8 250 lbs at the start to 6'10 and 300 now.

I'm not expecting my SF who's in the same weight class as my PF to have a ridiculous first step either. But that's just me.

Dumbest thread in NT history... Hes 275 lbs... Its physics

If u put a corvette engine in a dump truck and a hybrid prius motor in a civic... what would happen?

Civic would get up to speed muchhhh faster but once the truck gets rollin... Curtains

P.S lebron is the dumptruck
wink.gif
the avg nba player is the prius

Heavy n quick is an oxymoron but yet he still is quick if they did a sports science on force exuded on the ground with a first step bron would win by 10+ percent id bet

Dumbest thread in NT history... Hes 275 lbs... Its physics

If u put a corvette engine in a dump truck and a hybrid prius motor in a civic... what would happen?

Civic would get up to speed muchhhh faster but once the truck gets rollin... Curtains

P.S lebron is the dumptruck
wink.gif
the avg nba player is the prius

Heavy n quick is an oxymoron but yet he still is quick if they did a sports science on force exuded on the ground with a first step bron would win by 10+ percent id bet

OP. Much respect. Too many people in here clearly don't understand Lebron's game.

I think we can all agree in here that Lebron is very good but very, very little understand HOW he's good. They take it as an affront that Lebron can't take his man off the dribble with just the first step.

So what? Stephen Curry can't take his man off the dribble with just the first step. But he can take his man off the dribble.  Paul Pierce is slow.  Notoriously slow.  But you iso him any sf and he can do his thing. 

Just give up OP. It's like talking to 25 different brick walls in this thread.

That iso stats head to head comparison between Bron and Melo is hilarious. As usual, a single point goes completely over the stat head's head.

OP. Much respect. Too many people in here clearly don't understand Lebron's game.

I think we can all agree in here that Lebron is very good but very, very little understand HOW he's good. They take it as an affront that Lebron can't take his man off the dribble with just the first step.

So what? Stephen Curry can't take his man off the dribble with just the first step. But he can take his man off the dribble.  Paul Pierce is slow.  Notoriously slow.  But you iso him any sf and he can do his thing. 

Just give up OP. It's like talking to 25 different brick walls in this thread.

That iso stats head to head comparison between Bron and Melo is hilarious. As usual, a single point goes completely over the stat head's head.

Your case is built around one clip where it looks like Hedo is playing good defense? There's plenty of clips in this thread showing him beating better defenders to the rim

tired.gif
 Proves to me you aint even serious about your own points. There's three clips in this thread. I posted two of them, and the Magic game was posted by a naysayer. I have watched Lebron his whole career. I am confident in what I am talking about, and that there isn't any video footage out there that doesn't show this severe weakness in his game.

he shoots 44% in iso, well above average, additionally his scoring production is ~28 points per on 57% TS for his career, and the fact that he's maybe 260 pounds, good first step, fast, explosive vertically, above average handle, etc. has allowed him to do so. Combine that production (and his numbers are actually better in the playoffs) with those physical attributes, and you got the best player in the league. So what's your argument?
k. Keep watching the game's through that one NBALP channel that just shows the stats, I'll watch the actual games and see how he struggles.
laugh.gif

Naaah...not really. People have came in this thread and said "You know nothing about basketball." People have came in this thread posting videos that prove my point. No one has actually came in this thread and said "OP...I watch the games and I don't see what you are talking about" while actually using proof or an explanation. They post statistics instead, when I have said time and time again stats lie about players. I don't care what stat it is...I base my opinion off of what I see while the game is going on. And that's fine...like I said, I get into arguments with people about this all time. I usually walk away realizing that more and more people really don't be watching the games.

Yes you would if you realized that the SF in the same weight class as your PF plays in the halfcourt like a slashing swingman other than a posting PF. It's like saying "I don't expect my PG in the same weight class as my PF to have ridiculous ability in the post. First step? Maybe, post moves? nah."...but your pointguards main source of offense in a halfcourt set is posting up players he can't consistently back down!
laugh.gif
 I don't think you have seriously read my following post. Read what I'm saying about how Lebron plays like a guy who can beat his man in the halfcourt set and how he struggles because of that. All you have to do is just sit down and watch a game Heat. Seriously analyze the way he scores in the halfcourt and you can see that he struggles!

Your case is built around one clip where it looks like Hedo is playing good defense? There's plenty of clips in this thread showing him beating better defenders to the rim

tired.gif
 Proves to me you aint even serious about your own points. There's three clips in this thread. I posted two of them, and the Magic game was posted by a naysayer. I have watched Lebron his whole career. I am confident in what I am talking about, and that there isn't any video footage out there that doesn't show this severe weakness in his game.

he shoots 44% in iso, well above average, additionally his scoring production is ~28 points per on 57% TS for his career, and the fact that he's maybe 260 pounds, good first step, fast, explosive vertically, above average handle, etc. has allowed him to do so. Combine that production (and his numbers are actually better in the playoffs) with those physical attributes, and you got the best player in the league. So what's your argument?
k. Keep watching the game's through that one NBALP channel that just shows the stats, I'll watch the actual games and see how he struggles.
laugh.gif

Naaah...not really. People have came in this thread and said "You know nothing about basketball." People have came in this thread posting videos that prove my point. No one has actually came in this thread and said "OP...I watch the games and I don't see what you are talking about" while actually using proof or an explanation. They post statistics instead, when I have said time and time again stats lie about players. I don't care what stat it is...I base my opinion off of what I see while the game is going on. And that's fine...like I said, I get into arguments with people about this all time. I usually walk away realizing that more and more people really don't be watching the games.

Yes you would if you realized that the SF in the same weight class as your PF plays in the halfcourt like a slashing swingman other than a posting PF. It's like saying "I don't expect my PG in the same weight class as my PF to have ridiculous ability in the post. First step? Maybe, post moves? nah."...but your pointguards main source of offense in a halfcourt set is posting up players he can't consistently back down!
laugh.gif
 I don't think you have seriously read my following post. Read what I'm saying about how Lebron plays like a guy who can beat his man in the halfcourt set and how he struggles because of that. All you have to do is just sit down and watch a game Heat. Seriously analyze the way he scores in the halfcourt and you can see that he struggles!

There you go, LeBron beating an above average defender in Josh Howard with his first step, and throwing down a dunk. It's obvious he is a very capable isolation player and scorer in general, I guess you just don't watch the games so you wouldn't know. (see I can use intellectually lazy statements as the only proof of my assertions too)

There you go, LeBron beating an above average defender in Josh Howard with his first step, and throwing down a dunk. It's obvious he is a very capable isolation player and scorer in general, I guess you just don't watch the games so you wouldn't know. (see I can use intellectually lazy statements as the only proof of my assertions too)

Bron can get past his man... but a lot of the times defenders are playing off him because they would rather him take the jumper... and anyone that plays ball knows if a defender is playing off you that it is much harder to get past him...

^
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Please read the post please poster. I never said Lebron doesn't have rare instances where he can't beat his man. I've used the out of the air 95 percentage all up in this thread. CONSISTENTLY...Lebron can not beat his man! I bet you started working on finding that video when this thread was still on page one, and finally crawled your way on one. Eric Snow still getting a paycheck
laugh.gif
 Lebron can't do that consistently.

Bron can get past his man... but a lot of the times defenders are playing off him because they would rather him take the jumper... and anyone that plays ball knows if a defender is playing off you that it is much harder to get past him...

^
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Please read the post please poster. I never said Lebron doesn't have rare instances where he can't beat his man. I've used the out of the air 95 percentage all up in this thread. CONSISTENTLY...Lebron can not beat his man! I bet you started working on finding that video when this thread was still on page one, and finally crawled your way on one. Eric Snow still getting a paycheck
laugh.gif
 Lebron can't do that consistently.

I will never understand why people just disregard stats so easily. 44% shows that he scores in isolation plays pretty effectively.

So we have this long thread about a first step of a 250 lb man, why would you expect his first step to be as good as a 190lb Derrick Rose?

I will never understand why people just disregard stats so easily. 44% shows that he scores in isolation plays pretty effectively.

So we have this long thread about a first step of a 250 lb man, why would you expect his first step to be as good as a 190lb Derrick Rose?

Back
Top Bottom