Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

You know nothing about basketball.
Do you watch the games or just skim through it? Prove me wrong. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not speaking on a pure team basketball level (as lebron is a great player in this aspect)...but when it comes to being the greatest individual player, this is a flaw in his game. WATCH THE GAMES. It's so easy to see.

LeBron has one of the most explosive first steps the league has seen (watch and read some scouting reports). Combine that with his speed, massive frame, and brute strength, and you got a guy who can get to the rim against anyone (and has). So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Regardless, dudes on NT love to do this. Bring down a guy because of what he can't do, without regarding what he can and does do. Dwight is already an all-time great defender and incredibly efficient offensive player, but he smiles too much and misses some free throws, so he's not worth talking about. LeBron is the best player in the league, great passer, defender, etc. but you're criticizing him why, exactly? Because he doesn't jack up useless shots in isolation? Okay. He's hitting 44% of his shots in isolation btw, well above average.

Oh, and amel, I'm glad you were able to pull yourself away from your D-Rose shrine to dismiss me. Good for you.
Dwight and LeBrons best assets are their size.

OMG! Look at the videos! Analyze them like you are a coach. Don't just get excited like you are a fan because of the dunk.

You can tell on both of those plays...Lebron gets a switch to a player he feels like he can beat. On both the videos!!! Even on the 2nd Video...I said it earlier...you can tell Coach Spolestra has realized his weakness and you can tell Lebron knows his weakness....Lebron called for a pick and didn't even look to pass it to the roller. That pick's sole purpose was to get a different player on him who he feels like he can beat!

I've said it...the problem is that in critical situations...team's aren't going to be that dumb. Teams understand that they can't have that happen if they want to REALLY stop Lebron!

OMG! Look at the videos! Analyze them like you are a coach. Don't just get excited like you are a fan because of the dunk.

You can tell on both of those plays...Lebron gets a switch to a player he feels like he can beat. On both the videos!!! Even on the 2nd Video...I said it earlier...you can tell Coach Spolestra has realized his weakness and you can tell Lebron knows his weakness....Lebron called for a pick and didn't even look to pass it to the roller. That pick's sole purpose was to get a different player on him who he feels like he can beat!

I've said it...the problem is that in critical situations...team's aren't going to be that dumb. Teams understand that they can't have that happen if they want to REALLY stop Lebron!

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

You know nothing about basketball.
Do you watch the games or just skim through it? Prove me wrong. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not speaking on a pure team basketball level (as lebron is a great player in this aspect)...but when it comes to being the greatest individual player, this is a flaw in his game. WATCH THE GAMES. It's so easy to see.

LeBron has one of the most explosive first steps the league has seen (watch and read some scouting reports). Combine that with his speed, massive frame, and brute strength, and you got a guy who can get to the rim against anyone (and has). So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Regardless, dudes on NT love to do this. Bring down a guy because of what he can't do, without regarding what he can and does do. Dwight is already an all-time great defender and incredibly efficient offensive player, but he smiles too much and misses some free throws, so he's not worth talking about. LeBron is the best player in the league, great passer, defender, etc. but you're criticizing him why, exactly? Because he doesn't jack up useless shots in isolation? Okay. He's hitting 44% of his shots in isolation btw, well above average.

Oh, and amel, I'm glad you were able to pull yourself away from your D-Rose shrine to dismiss me. Good for you.
Dwight and LeBrons best assets are their size.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I'm with you OP. Dude is a great player, but it's obvious to anybody that really watches the game of basketball, that there are things #6 need to work on. I was talking about this very same subject like last month.

This is how you guard #6;
back off of him. Go under the pick and don't double him. Guard him straight up. He doesn't have the arsenal to kill you in the half court or mid-range game unless he gets hot, and you stop him from getting hot by fouling him hard and talking about his mother
laugh.gif
. Watch when I tell you, this is exactly how Boston will and has guarded him.

You are right OP, great post and I'm glad you're getting this many responses in your thread.
one of the realest most straight forward things ive ever read on NT in my 9 (almost) years here.

teams send undisciplined double-team when he's not even in a scoring position, and he just makes a simple pass to the open shooter, bam, assist.

if were a coach, id get my best 6'4''-6'7'' perimeter defender to gaurd lebron and tell everyone else to stay home on their man.

make the "king" be just that.

he may have a rare good shooting night and get 40, but the assists and involvement of other players would be limited. 

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I'm with you OP. Dude is a great player, but it's obvious to anybody that really watches the game of basketball, that there are things #6 need to work on. I was talking about this very same subject like last month.

This is how you guard #6;
back off of him. Go under the pick and don't double him. Guard him straight up. He doesn't have the arsenal to kill you in the half court or mid-range game unless he gets hot, and you stop him from getting hot by fouling him hard and talking about his mother
laugh.gif
. Watch when I tell you, this is exactly how Boston will and has guarded him.

You are right OP, great post and I'm glad you're getting this many responses in your thread.
one of the realest most straight forward things ive ever read on NT in my 9 (almost) years here.

teams send undisciplined double-team when he's not even in a scoring position, and he just makes a simple pass to the open shooter, bam, assist.

if were a coach, id get my best 6'4''-6'7'' perimeter defender to gaurd lebron and tell everyone else to stay home on their man.

make the "king" be just that.

he may have a rare good shooting night and get 40, but the assists and involvement of other players would be limited. 

Originally Posted by TCERDA

I dont know about being a TMAC #2 but he def has offensive weaknesses. Inconsistant jumper comes to mind the most. Tho he is still  a great player. However I do agree with you about most Sportscasters being on that Lebron swing!

Originally Posted by TCERDA

I dont know about being a TMAC #2 but he def has offensive weaknesses. Inconsistant jumper comes to mind the most. Tho he is still  a great player. However I do agree with you about most Sportscasters being on that Lebron swing!

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Common Sense Isn't Really That Common.

NT has to start banning dudes for stupidity.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

OP got the kiss of death: RoOk agreed with him.

vincecarteritsover.gif

Basically
laugh.gif

Osh, what website are those stats from?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Common Sense Isn't Really That Common.

NT has to start banning dudes for stupidity.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

OP got the kiss of death: RoOk agreed with him.

vincecarteritsover.gif

Basically
laugh.gif

Osh, what website are those stats from?

"I watch the games and I don't see what you are talking about" while actually using proof or an explanation. They post statistics instead, when I have said time and time again stats lie about players. I don't care what stat it is...I base my opinion off of what I see while the game is going on."

That doesn't make you smart. That makes you ignorant.

If you got a claim, BACK IT UP WITH PROOF. People are putting up stats and videos and you just cover your ears and your eyes like a fool.

"I watch the games and I don't see what you are talking about" while actually using proof or an explanation. They post statistics instead, when I have said time and time again stats lie about players. I don't care what stat it is...I base my opinion off of what I see while the game is going on."

That doesn't make you smart. That makes you ignorant.

If you got a claim, BACK IT UP WITH PROOF. People are putting up stats and videos and you just cover your ears and your eyes like a fool.

What are you talking about? How have I not backed it up. Every video - everything someone has said I have tried my best to explain how I feel about it the best way possible. Do I ignore stats, not totally...but I've said it time and time again, sometimes stats can lie. I've analyzed all videos and explained everything....I ask again, what are you talking about?

The best comment that has been stated in this thread is from Truthgetsbusy who made the comment that Lebron has done everything in his power to hide this weakness. It's the truth. He likes to attack before the defense sets up. He likes to use mismatches to hide his flaws. I have to give him...just like I gave credit to Tmac for being able to do things within the game to put up the stats...

What are you talking about? How have I not backed it up. Every video - everything someone has said I have tried my best to explain how I feel about it the best way possible. Do I ignore stats, not totally...but I've said it time and time again, sometimes stats can lie. I've analyzed all videos and explained everything....I ask again, what are you talking about?

The best comment that has been stated in this thread is from Truthgetsbusy who made the comment that Lebron has done everything in his power to hide this weakness. It's the truth. He likes to attack before the defense sets up. He likes to use mismatches to hide his flaws. I have to give him...just like I gave credit to Tmac for being able to do things within the game to put up the stats...

THIS is the only reason I like the Kendrick Perkins/Jeff Green trade. Because I've been saying this for years. You put someone 6'5 and fairly athletic on LeBron James and he's not going to have 4 games good enough to beat anyone.

Dwyane Wade? He's quick. Mind you he also benefits from "whistleblowers" just as James does, but alot of times, Wade can turn the corner on his man, unlike LeBron who just dips his shoulder and runs through everyone.

THIS is the only reason I like the Kendrick Perkins/Jeff Green trade. Because I've been saying this for years. You put someone 6'5 and fairly athletic on LeBron James and he's not going to have 4 games good enough to beat anyone.

Dwyane Wade? He's quick. Mind you he also benefits from "whistleblowers" just as James does, but alot of times, Wade can turn the corner on his man, unlike LeBron who just dips his shoulder and runs through everyone.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by abutta13

u cant be serious. his first step and explosiveness is what makes up for his lack of handles/crossover
BINGO!!!! Came in here to post that.

miami-pick-and-roll.jpg

No...^ this is how he consistently makes up for his lack of handles/crossover. The irony of this picture. Passing of the poor first step torch. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by abutta13

u cant be serious. his first step and explosiveness is what makes up for his lack of handles/crossover
BINGO!!!! Came in here to post that.

miami-pick-and-roll.jpg

No...^ this is how he consistently makes up for his lack of handles/crossover. The irony of this picture. Passing of the poor first step torch. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jmb1523

I will never understand why people just disregard stats so easily. 44% shows that he scores in isolation plays pretty effectively.

So we have this long thread about a first step of a 250 lb man, why would you expect his first step to be as good as a 190lb Derrick Rose?
Lol, forget about Drose.

Lebron doesn't even have Melo's first step.  Or Amare's.  Where they cannot match Lebron's speed with the ball is in the open court. 

That poster who posted Grant Hill in his prime a few pages back.  Awesome example.  6"8 with a monster first step back in the day. 

Isolation stats prove nothing.  It just says he's really good at scoring despite his limitations.  Lebron understands the game.  You gotta understand it's not just ONE thing with Lebron.  It's a combination of different things which makes him a monster.  His size.  Jumping ability.  Power.  His understanding of the game.  He knows how to drive.  He straight up has the ability to make all kinds of shots.  He does the thing where he backs up a couple dribbles from his man so he can drive with a head of steam.  Once he gets going, Lebron is pretty fast. 

That just all adds up. 

Originally Posted by jmb1523

I will never understand why people just disregard stats so easily. 44% shows that he scores in isolation plays pretty effectively.

So we have this long thread about a first step of a 250 lb man, why would you expect his first step to be as good as a 190lb Derrick Rose?
Lol, forget about Drose.

Lebron doesn't even have Melo's first step.  Or Amare's.  Where they cannot match Lebron's speed with the ball is in the open court. 

That poster who posted Grant Hill in his prime a few pages back.  Awesome example.  6"8 with a monster first step back in the day. 

Isolation stats prove nothing.  It just says he's really good at scoring despite his limitations.  Lebron understands the game.  You gotta understand it's not just ONE thing with Lebron.  It's a combination of different things which makes him a monster.  His size.  Jumping ability.  Power.  His understanding of the game.  He knows how to drive.  He straight up has the ability to make all kinds of shots.  He does the thing where he backs up a couple dribbles from his man so he can drive with a head of steam.  Once he gets going, Lebron is pretty fast. 

That just all adds up. 

Back
Top Bottom