Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

T-Mac at his prime was a walking mismatch so what is your point?
And my point is the way Tracy scored was not dependable. That's why this dude dissapeared Allllllll the time. All the time! I used to deny it when I wanted to be stubborn and show my affiliation to him as a fan, but this dude would go ghost because being a walking mismatch means nothing to me. Nothing. The only time it is valuable is if you play out of the post. If you're game is geared for mismatches and you're a perimeter player - it's very easy to see your weaknesses.

Dependable scoring? He led the league in scoring at his prime. You want him to drive on Iverson?
Once again people are jaded by the stats. Him leading the league in scoring and being a dependable scorer do not equal in my standards. I showed you how David Robinson averaged nearly 30 points a game one season and dude was not a dependable scorer.
So T-Mac is not a dependable scorer, but he led the league in scoring... He actually disappeared too. All the time.

Negative.

David Robinson's game ain't even about scoring. The fact that he got you great scoring in his prime is icing on the cake. Not like the team was going to depend on Dennis Rodman to score.

It is not a one on one game, so your dependable scoring standards need not apply in a NBA game.

Still not going to answer my question about who is a dependable scorer?  

T-Mac at his prime was a walking mismatch so what is your point?
And my point is the way Tracy scored was not dependable. That's why this dude dissapeared Allllllll the time. All the time! I used to deny it when I wanted to be stubborn and show my affiliation to him as a fan, but this dude would go ghost because being a walking mismatch means nothing to me. Nothing. The only time it is valuable is if you play out of the post. If you're game is geared for mismatches and you're a perimeter player - it's very easy to see your weaknesses.

Dependable scoring? He led the league in scoring at his prime. You want him to drive on Iverson?
Once again people are jaded by the stats. Him leading the league in scoring and being a dependable scorer do not equal in my standards. I showed you how David Robinson averaged nearly 30 points a game one season and dude was not a dependable scorer.
So T-Mac is not a dependable scorer, but he led the league in scoring... He actually disappeared too. All the time.

Negative.

David Robinson's game ain't even about scoring. The fact that he got you great scoring in his prime is icing on the cake. Not like the team was going to depend on Dennis Rodman to score.

It is not a one on one game, so your dependable scoring standards need not apply in a NBA game.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Negative.
Stop being a homer dude. I'm one of the biggest McGrady fans there has ever been. Watched every game. And I can sit here and confidently say that McGrady would dissapear. I immediately throw out any basis of any pure fan if they watch the games and can't see things as how they are.

And David Robinson wasn't the best player in the league! It would be different if people argued that Robinson was the best player in the league. But people talk about Lebron like he's the best player and in the same category as players with less offensive weaknesses. How can you be the best player in the league with such obvious flaws? Is the rest of the league's players just that bad?

Think about this: Dude's outside jumper is better...but it aint that consistent like the 'best player in the world' should have. His post game still needs some work. His ability to drive by his man is weak, and he really doesn't have that great of a midrange game....yet people call him the best player
laugh.gif
 You could neeeeeeeeeeeever say any of those things about Kobe post 2003. It would be different if Lebron was a post player...then I would assess him in a different manner.

What makes Lebron any better that what Charles Barkley ever was? Charles was a walking mismatch. He just so happened to be shorter than every defender guarding him, and DUDE STILL BEASTED IN THE POST. He averaged over 10 boards consistently, AAAAAND he got a good amount of assist without having the ball in his hands as much as Lebron. Dude averaged around 27-28 on 58% from the floor a few seasons! But I bet someone will come in here and be like "Naah, Lebron's better than Charles ever was."
laugh.gif

Then why is a valuable post game so important? You, like many, are viewing isolation basketball like it's solely some perimeter player slash stephon marbury slash and 1 mixtape being taped form of basketball......when that's just the very bad side of it. Think about it....a post player IS A ONE ON ONE GAME. Post play is ISOLATION PLAYS. I explained it earlier...people act like Isolation basketball is bad. It's not! It's just bad if you aren't a player who should be a primary scorer and your isolation offense is mediocre! Wade has won a ring with isolation basketball. Rockets won rings with isolation basketball. This dude Tim Duncan had the most dependable isolation shot for most of his championships. The triangle offense is a 80% isolation offense disguised by the other 4 players doing everything in their power to make it easier on the primary scorer who's on a island. Sure there are a few examples of teams stacked with enough talent to win a ring, but look at the history of champions...isolation basketball actually prevails.

Rose: Not the greatest offensive game yet imho - but his first step makes up for this weakness so far. If Rose didn't have a first step, he'd be a totally different player.

Wade: The primary option on the Heat SHOULD be D-Wade. He's their best halfcourt offensive player by far (Bosh is a better halfcourt option than Lebron low key...people are just jaded). He has a great first step, and if you really pay attention - the Heat play better when he's the primary scorer and Lebron is the facilitator.

Kobe: Kobe still has a much better halfcourt offensive game than Bron. The only problem with Kobe...just like MJ on the Wiz...is that he can't do it like he once every night. But I'd still much rather run my offense through Kobe in a halfcourt offense.

Melo: Melo's a better halfcourt scorer than Lebron. The only problem with Melo is that he acts so damn lazy sometimes. Lebron is a much better overall player than Melo, but Melo easily is a better offensive scorer.

Durant: Durant, like I have said, is still up in the air. If he's a shooter...in the sense like Bird was...then he'll be okay, and he has a more dependable way of scoring than Lebron.

Everybody after this and Lebron is better or on their level.

Negative.
Stop being a homer dude. I'm one of the biggest McGrady fans there has ever been. Watched every game. And I can sit here and confidently say that McGrady would dissapear. I immediately throw out any basis of any pure fan if they watch the games and can't see things as how they are.

And David Robinson wasn't the best player in the league! It would be different if people argued that Robinson was the best player in the league. But people talk about Lebron like he's the best player and in the same category as players with less offensive weaknesses. How can you be the best player in the league with such obvious flaws? Is the rest of the league's players just that bad?

Think about this: Dude's outside jumper is better...but it aint that consistent like the 'best player in the world' should have. His post game still needs some work. His ability to drive by his man is weak, and he really doesn't have that great of a midrange game....yet people call him the best player
laugh.gif
 You could neeeeeeeeeeeever say any of those things about Kobe post 2003. It would be different if Lebron was a post player...then I would assess him in a different manner.

What makes Lebron any better that what Charles Barkley ever was? Charles was a walking mismatch. He just so happened to be shorter than every defender guarding him, and DUDE STILL BEASTED IN THE POST. He averaged over 10 boards consistently, AAAAAND he got a good amount of assist without having the ball in his hands as much as Lebron. Dude averaged around 27-28 on 58% from the floor a few seasons! But I bet someone will come in here and be like "Naah, Lebron's better than Charles ever was."
laugh.gif

Then why is a valuable post game so important? You, like many, are viewing isolation basketball like it's solely some perimeter player slash stephon marbury slash and 1 mixtape being taped form of basketball......when that's just the very bad side of it. Think about it....a post player IS A ONE ON ONE GAME. Post play is ISOLATION PLAYS. I explained it earlier...people act like Isolation basketball is bad. It's not! It's just bad if you aren't a player who should be a primary scorer and your isolation offense is mediocre! Wade has won a ring with isolation basketball. Rockets won rings with isolation basketball. This dude Tim Duncan had the most dependable isolation shot for most of his championships. The triangle offense is a 80% isolation offense disguised by the other 4 players doing everything in their power to make it easier on the primary scorer who's on a island. Sure there are a few examples of teams stacked with enough talent to win a ring, but look at the history of champions...isolation basketball actually prevails.

Rose: Not the greatest offensive game yet imho - but his first step makes up for this weakness so far. If Rose didn't have a first step, he'd be a totally different player.

Wade: The primary option on the Heat SHOULD be D-Wade. He's their best halfcourt offensive player by far (Bosh is a better halfcourt option than Lebron low key...people are just jaded). He has a great first step, and if you really pay attention - the Heat play better when he's the primary scorer and Lebron is the facilitator.

Kobe: Kobe still has a much better halfcourt offensive game than Bron. The only problem with Kobe...just like MJ on the Wiz...is that he can't do it like he once every night. But I'd still much rather run my offense through Kobe in a halfcourt offense.

Melo: Melo's a better halfcourt scorer than Lebron. The only problem with Melo is that he acts so damn lazy sometimes. Lebron is a much better overall player than Melo, but Melo easily is a better offensive scorer.

Durant: Durant, like I have said, is still up in the air. If he's a shooter...in the sense like Bird was...then he'll be okay, and he has a more dependable way of scoring than Lebron.

In this video, go to the 1:48 mark and see how important a great first step is.

Rose didn't call for a pick because he knows that in this scenario, that would actually hurt his chances at getting a good look at the basket. A doubleteam would have forced him to pass. But look at the shot he got his team.�That's a shot that will be there 9 times out of 10! He BLEW past Jameer and the defense didn't know what was coming.
���

Now go to the 3:08 mark of this video. Look at how Lebron calls for a pick. Why? What purpose it bring to him if he's looking to make the shot. He calls for the pick because he's not confident with his first step. And the Bulls switch Noah on him. But this tells soooooooo much about what team's are starting to realize about Lebron...he can't beat his man. Coach Thibs is confident enough to put a taller Noah on him because he just doesn't respect Lebron's ability to blow by him. Would any other coach make a switch with MJ, Kobe, or Wade in the same situation? The announcer of the video even details it correctly when he says Lebron couldn't get passed him enough! If Lebron would have blew by him, that play would have been much much different. Look who was underneath to contest him..little Derrick Rose and Taj Gibson
laugh.gif
 If Lebron had a first step, they would havewon that game! It would have got him a better attempt, or like in Rose situation...a high %tage shot under the basket. This is why a first step is so important for a perimeter player in a halfcourt set. You can dictate what you want the defense to do...not the other way around.

In this video, go to the 1:48 mark and see how important a great first step is.

Rose didn't call for a pick because he knows that in this scenario, that would actually hurt his chances at getting a good look at the basket. A doubleteam would have forced him to pass. But look at the shot he got his team.�That's a shot that will be there 9 times out of 10! He BLEW past Jameer and the defense didn't know what was coming.
���

Now go to the 3:08 mark of this video. Look at how Lebron calls for a pick. Why? What purpose it bring to him if he's looking to make the shot. He calls for the pick because he's not confident with his first step. And the Bulls switch Noah on him. But this tells soooooooo much about what team's are starting to realize about Lebron...he can't beat his man. Coach Thibs is confident enough to put a taller Noah on him because he just doesn't respect Lebron's ability to blow by him. Would any other coach make a switch with MJ, Kobe, or Wade in the same situation? The announcer of the video even details it correctly when he says Lebron couldn't get passed him enough! If Lebron would have blew by him, that play would have been much much different. Look who was underneath to contest him..little Derrick Rose and Taj Gibson
laugh.gif
 If Lebron had a first step, they would havewon that game! It would have got him a better attempt, or like in Rose situation...a high %tage shot under the basket. This is why a first step is so important for a perimeter player in a halfcourt set. You can dictate what you want the defense to do...not the other way around.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, T-Mac stays leading the league in usage rate during his prime. Not sure what does disappearing mean anyways. Just subjective talk that has nothing to do with him being a dependable scorer that led the league in scoring. Sidebar, T-Mac was that good that he could disappear during games and still lead his team and league in scoring? Amazing. Respect. Dude posted up too so not sure why you yappin' about posting up.

I don't even care about LeBron.
laugh.gif

Wow @ your list of dependable scorers. Forget the LeBron talk, only Kobe is/was dependable as T-Mac during his prime. Wade to an extent has gotten it done, but everyone else on that list ain't touching T-Mac at his prime in dependability scoring. Durant and Melo don't even got first steps.
laugh.gif

The heck is Rose doing there? Might as well throw in Westbrook too. Monta Ellis. But no, we ain't comparing scoring PGs. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, T-Mac stays leading the league in usage rate during his prime. Not sure what does disappearing mean anyways. Just subjective talk that has nothing to do with him being a dependable scorer that led the league in scoring. Sidebar, T-Mac was that good that he could disappear during games and still lead his team and league in scoring? Amazing. Respect. Dude posted up too so not sure why you yappin' about posting up.

I don't even care about LeBron.
laugh.gif

Wow @ your list of dependable scorers. Forget the LeBron talk, only Kobe is/was dependable as T-Mac during his prime. Wade to an extent has gotten it done, but everyone else on that list ain't touching T-Mac at his prime in dependability scoring. Durant and Melo don't even got first steps.
laugh.gif

The heck is Rose doing there? Might as well throw in Westbrook too. Monta Ellis. But no, we ain't comparing scoring PGs. 
laugh.gif

Nah, T-Mac stays leading the league in usage rate during his prime.

Means nothing to me.

Not sure what does disappearing mean anyways. Just subjective talk
Sure...but when we are talking about best players in the game and why, subjective talk is fair game. Michael Jordan isn't considered the best player ever because his stats. He's just a great player because his stats and achievement. What makes him considered the best player of all time is the subjective stuff. If we weren't talking about Lebron being the best in the league or if you wasn't saying only Kobe was more dependable than TMAC, I wouldn't have a arguement. But that's what opens up the argument.

that has nothing to do with him being a dependable scorer that led the league in scoring.
Yes it does.

Sidebar, T-Mac was that good that he could disappear during games and still lead his team and league in scoring? Amazing. Respect.
Yep. Tracy - like Lebron - were/are so great at getting free flowing offense. Pull up 3s, baskets before the defense sets up. McGrady and Lebron are rhythm shooters. McGrady just so happen to be in one of the greatest zones the year he averaged 32.1 If their outside shot isn't/wasn't falling, their halfcourt game looks average. Watch any TMAC game, highlight, or whatever and you will see this. He needed a pick to score. 

I'll tell you why MELO and KD are more dependable than Lebron and imho TMAC even without lightening quick first steps. KD is a shooter. His outside shot is so good that he's not a rythm shooter...dudes shot is just automatic. He doesn't need a first step...the same way Bird didn't...and the same way Reggie didn't, because it's that dependable. Lebron and TMAC aren't shooters! Their shot just falls
laugh.gif

Now Melo...Melo is in between. I'm starting to get to the point where I really do believe Melo's outside shot can be called automatic. Melo is a VERY smart offensive player. He understands what he needs to do to get his dependable shot. He knows his first step isn't that great, so like an older MJ...when he needs a basket, he does to his pull up jumper.

Dude posted up too so not sure why you yappin' about posting up.
TMACs post game was average. TMac's post game consisted of a fallaway jumper. I don't call that a post game. 9 times outta 10, you see TMac post up, he's shooting a fadeaway. When I think tall guard post play, I'm thinking MJ, Magic, Penny in his prime, etc. They had a bag of moves around the rim. 

laugh.gif

Rose's first step puts him above Lebron in halfcourt offense. His outside shot is starting to get better, and he can get by anybody tall medium shorter thinner at will! A first step can hide a midrange game because you don't need it. He's just really that good...that's why he has delivered so much down the stretch for the Bulls.

Nah, T-Mac stays leading the league in usage rate during his prime.

Means nothing to me.

Not sure what does disappearing mean anyways. Just subjective talk
Sure...but when we are talking about best players in the game and why, subjective talk is fair game. Michael Jordan isn't considered the best player ever because his stats. He's just a great player because his stats and achievement. What makes him considered the best player of all time is the subjective stuff. If we weren't talking about Lebron being the best in the league or if you wasn't saying only Kobe was more dependable than TMAC, I wouldn't have a arguement. But that's what opens up the argument.

that has nothing to do with him being a dependable scorer that led the league in scoring.
Yes it does.

Sidebar, T-Mac was that good that he could disappear during games and still lead his team and league in scoring? Amazing. Respect.
Yep. Tracy - like Lebron - were/are so great at getting free flowing offense. Pull up 3s, baskets before the defense sets up. McGrady and Lebron are rhythm shooters. McGrady just so happen to be in one of the greatest zones the year he averaged 32.1 If their outside shot isn't/wasn't falling, their halfcourt game looks average. Watch any TMAC game, highlight, or whatever and you will see this. He needed a pick to score. 

I'll tell you why MELO and KD are more dependable than Lebron and imho TMAC even without lightening quick first steps. KD is a shooter. His outside shot is so good that he's not a rythm shooter...dudes shot is just automatic. He doesn't need a first step...the same way Bird didn't...and the same way Reggie didn't, because it's that dependable. Lebron and TMAC aren't shooters! Their shot just falls
laugh.gif

Now Melo...Melo is in between. I'm starting to get to the point where I really do believe Melo's outside shot can be called automatic. Melo is a VERY smart offensive player. He understands what he needs to do to get his dependable shot. He knows his first step isn't that great, so like an older MJ...when he needs a basket, he does to his pull up jumper.

Dude posted up too so not sure why you yappin' about posting up.
TMACs post game was average. TMac's post game consisted of a fallaway jumper. I don't call that a post game. 9 times outta 10, you see TMac post up, he's shooting a fadeaway. When I think tall guard post play, I'm thinking MJ, Magic, Penny in his prime, etc. They had a bag of moves around the rim. 

laugh.gif

Rose's first step puts him above Lebron in halfcourt offense. His outside shot is starting to get better, and he can get by anybody tall medium shorter thinner at will! A first step can hide a midrange game because you don't need it. He's just really that good...that's why he has delivered so much down the stretch for the Bulls.

Means nothing to me.

Yes it does.

laugh.gif

Of course stats don't mean anything to you.
laugh.gif

Don't bring Jordan into this too. This is strictly about T-Mac.

So Durant and Melo are more dependable scorers than T-Mac (and LeBron) because they are "shooters." Ok, the heck you talking about posting up for then. 
laugh.gif
Those two don't post up on the regular either. They take advantage of match-ups, just like prime T-Mac did.  

So now posting up and a fadeaway is not a post game now? Sorry, Kobe must not post up too.
laugh.gif

You must think Rose is the MVP too. But like I said, why we talking about scoring PGs who have the quick first step advantage to begin with. Stop it.

Sounds like there is no such thing as a dependable scorer in the league. Kobe was using so many picks last night thanks to Gasol.
laugh.gif

Means nothing to me.

Yes it does.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

So Durant and Melo are more dependable scorers than T-Mac (and LeBron) because they are "shooters." Ok, the heck you talking about posting up for then. 
laugh.gif
Those two don't post up on the regular either. They take advantage of match-ups, just like prime T-Mac did.  

So now posting up and a fadeaway is not a post game now? Sorry, Kobe must not post up too.
laugh.gif

You must think Rose is the MVP too. But like I said, why we talking about scoring PGs who have the quick first step advantage to begin with. Stop it.

Sounds like there is no such thing as a dependable scorer in the league. Kobe was using so many picks last night thanks to Gasol.
laugh.gif

nicedudewithnicedreams wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1. I look at certain stats...but that's just to see a player's tendacies. Like TMac one year shot 7 threes a game. Granger last year shot 7 threes a game. It wasn't because of settling...Tracy and Granger just can't consistently beat their man. But no...I get my perspective of a player by watching the player actually play.

2. Never said using a pick is a bad thing. Go back and reread my post. Using a pick actually conserves energy and opens up the offense for the other teammates. But using a pick =/= needing a pick. Kobe does not need a pick to be a dependable scorer. He still - when he wants - can get by his man...especially in critical halfcourt situations. He has lost a step and he definitely isn't the player he was around 05, but he still has more offensive skills in the halfcourt set better than everyone in the L.

Lebron, Tmac, Granger...they NEED picks. It's not about using them. No first step for these guys.
laugh.gif

3. Yes, their outside shots are more dependable than TMAC and Lebron. I consider KD a shooter in a sense, and Melo's midrange shot can constitute him as being a "shooter" too. It's starting to look that good. When you need a dependable basket...they don't have to really beat their man...KD can run off a screen and get a good look, and Melo has a nice dependable pull up jumper.

4. Kobe shoots fadeaways, but he has other moves he can consistently go to in the post. But yes, I do not believe a fadeaway isn't REALLY a post game. How can one of the most efficient style of scoring turn into one of the toughest shots to make? A post game is more than just one move. A post game sinks teeth in the paint and forces a 2nd defender to come closer to the basket and further from the man he's defending.

5. Yes, Rose is MVP and Rose will win MVP.

Hey man...if you disagree with what I'm saying, like I said...it's fine. I'm putting cats on to a form of "soloman seal" secret of the game. If you wish to ignore it, then goodluck and I admire your faithfulness as a fan. But if you look at the videos I posted as a starting point, break down a player while you're watching him and actually put it all together, you will see what I'm talking about. I'm just keeping it real.
pimp.gif

nicedudewithnicedreams wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1. I look at certain stats...but that's just to see a player's tendacies. Like TMac one year shot 7 threes a game. Granger last year shot 7 threes a game. It wasn't because of settling...Tracy and Granger just can't consistently beat their man. But no...I get my perspective of a player by watching the player actually play.

2. Never said using a pick is a bad thing. Go back and reread my post. Using a pick actually conserves energy and opens up the offense for the other teammates. But using a pick =/= needing a pick. Kobe does not need a pick to be a dependable scorer. He still - when he wants - can get by his man...especially in critical halfcourt situations. He has lost a step and he definitely isn't the player he was around 05, but he still has more offensive skills in the halfcourt set better than everyone in the L.

Lebron, Tmac, Granger...they NEED picks. It's not about using them. No first step for these guys.
laugh.gif

3. Yes, their outside shots are more dependable than TMAC and Lebron. I consider KD a shooter in a sense, and Melo's midrange shot can constitute him as being a "shooter" too. It's starting to look that good. When you need a dependable basket...they don't have to really beat their man...KD can run off a screen and get a good look, and Melo has a nice dependable pull up jumper.

4. Kobe shoots fadeaways, but he has other moves he can consistently go to in the post. But yes, I do not believe a fadeaway isn't REALLY a post game. How can one of the most efficient style of scoring turn into one of the toughest shots to make? A post game is more than just one move. A post game sinks teeth in the paint and forces a 2nd defender to come closer to the basket and further from the man he's defending.

Hey man...if you disagree with what I'm saying, like I said...it's fine. I'm putting cats on to a form of "soloman seal" secret of the game. If you wish to ignore it, then goodluck and I admire your faithfulness as a fan. But if you look at the videos I posted as a starting point, break down a player while you're watching him and actually put it all together, you will see what I'm talking about. I'm just keeping it real.
pimp.gif

^Gee, I wonder how all these dudes with no offensive game score all those points and are among the league leaders in isolation plays...

Those damn scorekeepers ate misleading you!

^Gee, I wonder how all these dudes with no offensive game score all those points and are among the league leaders in isolation plays...

Those damn scorekeepers ate misleading you!

He already proven his game... Now all he need to do is prove them wrong by grabbing the NBA championship trophy.

He already proven his game... Now all he need to do is prove them wrong by grabbing the NBA championship trophy.

I came in here ready to blast this dude, but instead he just reminded me of some things. I shared the same sentiment when they put Noah on Bron in the clutch. Its day and night in the manner in which Bron and Wade get their shots off. The Heat shouldve been relying on Wade in the clutch. He can create his own shot with ease at any time. However, Im not saying Bron isnt a top 2 player or top scorer because he doesnt have an elite first step. Im more so highlighting that he should never be relied on for the last shot unless Wade is hurt, or he gets a better shot or post game (which I think he will...it would be a waste if he doesnt with his combination of size and quickness). However. AI refused to evolve and vanished with his athleticism.

I came in here ready to blast this dude, but instead he just reminded me of some things. I shared the same sentiment when they put Noah on Bron in the clutch. Its day and night in the manner in which Bron and Wade get their shots off. The Heat shouldve been relying on Wade in the clutch. He can create his own shot with ease at any time. However, Im not saying Bron isnt a top 2 player or top scorer because he doesnt have an elite first step. Im more so highlighting that he should never be relied on for the last shot unless Wade is hurt, or he gets a better shot or post game (which I think he will...it would be a waste if he doesnt with his combination of size and quickness). However. AI refused to evolve and vanished with his athleticism.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

1. T-Mac shot 3's because he actually shot them at an okay clip. Better than Melo's career and about the same as Kobe. Nothing wrong here. Next.

2. Negative. T-Mac either drove past his man or posted on smaller players. You are confused.

3. You need to check stats on the efficiency of their outside shots. You be surprised. 

4. Bonzi Wells had a better post game than Kobe because he commands a double team more often than Kobe. Even without a fadeaway. 

pimp.gif

You keeping it real subjective.

Ok, I'm done. T-Mac had a great first step and he didn't need picks. You can feel free and talk about LeBron tho.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

1. T-Mac shot 3's because he actually shot them at an okay clip. Better than Melo's career and about the same as Kobe. Nothing wrong here. Next.

2. Negative. T-Mac either drove past his man or posted on smaller players. You are confused.

3. You need to check stats on the efficiency of their outside shots. You be surprised. 

4. Bonzi Wells had a better post game than Kobe because he commands a double team more often than Kobe. Even without a fadeaway. 

pimp.gif

You keeping it real subjective.

Ok, I'm done. T-Mac had a great first step and he didn't need picks. You can feel free and talk about LeBron tho.
laugh.gif

4Shoposite wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I agree with you on some of these points....I think Lebron has a powerful first step but not a quick blow by the defender step. The difference is the the powerful first step will draw contact and get you to the line in first 3rd quarters but in late game and playoff situations, you cant depend on the refrees calling fouls all the time. A blow by step gets you open looks at the basket in late game situations.

Lebron is considered the best player in the world because hes incredibly efficent scorer and hes a terrific passer,defender and rebounder. But the thing is for how great is he could even better. The big thing I've been saying for awhile now is he needs to develop a post game. With his size, strength and passing ability, he'd be an absolute nightmare in the post and there is absolutely no reason for him not too.

But people talk about his flaws like they are gonna forever be this way. Lebron will most likely develop a post game and finally become clutch in the critical situations. And even if he only gets marginally better in his weakness, he has 2 other great players that will probably help him win multiple championships.

4Shoposite wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I agree with you on some of these points....I think Lebron has a powerful first step but not a quick blow by the defender step. The difference is the the powerful first step will draw contact and get you to the line in first 3rd quarters but in late game and playoff situations, you cant depend on the refrees calling fouls all the time. A blow by step gets you open looks at the basket in late game situations.

Lebron is considered the best player in the world because hes incredibly efficent scorer and hes a terrific passer,defender and rebounder. But the thing is for how great is he could even better. The big thing I've been saying for awhile now is he needs to develop a post game. With his size, strength and passing ability, he'd be an absolute nightmare in the post and there is absolutely no reason for him not too.

But people talk about his flaws like they are gonna forever be this way. Lebron will most likely develop a post game and finally become clutch in the critical situations. And even if he only gets marginally better in his weakness, he has 2 other great players that will probably help him win multiple championships.

I agree with you on some of these points....I think Lebron has a powerful first step but not a quick blow by the defender step. The difference is the the powerful first step will draw contact and get you to the line in first 3rd quarters but in late game and playoff situations, you cant depend on the refrees calling fouls all the time. A blow by step gets you open looks at the basket in late game situations.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This dude really be watching the games. Let us flashback to what I said on PAGE 2 of this thread:

Everyone knows...or should know...that the way you score in the first three quarters can't be depended on when the game is one the line. What seperates great players in this aspect is the ability to get a clean shot off for yourself.

People acting like I'm coming in here trolling and looking to be shown up. I'm trying to put people onto the truth and raise the level of how they view the game of basketball.

Lebron is considered the best player in the world because hes incredibly efficent scorer and hes a terrific passer,defender and rebounder.

Have no problem whatsoever with people who see things like this. It's not my standard and I can't call him the best, but if this is what you or anyone looks at to call him the best player in the world, then no arguments here. But let me state this. Scottie Pippen was an incredibly efficient scorer...a terrific passer, defender, and rebounder. You could actually make a argument and say he was just as good if not better in every area you listed except maybe being a more efficient scorer than Jordan (Even though technically, Michael Jordan has equaled but never shot a better percentage from the field than Pip)...but I could never call Pippen the best player in the world. He had obvious flaws and wasn't a dependable scorer.

The big thing I've been saying for awhile now is he needs to develop a post game. With his size, strength and passing ability, he'd be an absolute nightmare in the post and there is absolutely no reason for him not too.
Agreed. I mentioned this in my first post. The thing is...adding a post game will not make him a better closer...he will just be a more dependable scorer in the halfcourt...which will truly make me assess him differently and actually get him the results he needs as a go-to player. A post game...like Centers have shown...is not a dependable scoring option in the 4th because teams will tighten up and force the player to pass. BUT...like Hakeem proved, you put four guys around him who can play in a system and knock down open shots, you can still prevail as a go-to-guy in this form of scoring. Getting guys around you who can actually make dependable outside shots or like I explained with the Duke "system"...guys catching the ball and using the defender's momentum to gain the first step advantage...and this is just as good as if he is taking the shots himself. They are open for Christ's sake!

Kinda explain this in what I'm saying above.

If the latter part of your comment becomes true, that's enough proof to me to not consider the guy anywhere close to being the best player in his era. If this is true, he's on the same status as a Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, or Dominique Wilkens. All legends in the game...but what are announcers and analyst holding Lebron's standards at? That's my main beef.

Next poster:

I came in here ready to blast this dude, but instead he just reminded me of some things. I shared the same sentiment when they put Noah on Bron in the clutch. Its day and night in the manner in which Bron and Wade get their shots off. The Heat shouldve been relying on Wade in the clutch. He can create his own shot with ease at any time.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Another cat seriously watching the game. Props.

or he gets a better shot
Yep - see my Melo/KD arguments as a reference to this...he needs to improve his shot to make it automatic/dependable. Can he? Idk. If he makes this effort and improves it like Melo's or Durants, then he will go a loooooooooooong way as being a dependable scorer.

or post game (which I think he will...it would be a waste if he doesnt with his combination of size and quickness).
See what I commented about dude's post above. A post game will not make him a more dependable scorer down the stretch, but he will not be required to do that. Shaq wasn't. Duncan wasn't. Hakeem wasn't. You recognized that the option shots they got for their teammates in the post was actually dependable.

I hope people take this weekend's playoff games to see what I'm talking about and learn about all the different players playing.

Back
Top Bottom