Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

bailout scoring
laugh.gif

carry on....

"You can just see a pure scorer from a mile away. It's just an innate ability someone has that others just don't."

I HATE the "subjective crowd".

LBJ isn't a scorer now? There's your claim, and then there's the mountain of evidence that doesn't SUPPORT it. AKA the theme of this entire message board when it comes to basketball players.

See ya. This is a waste of time.

"You can just see a pure scorer from a mile away. It's just an innate ability someone has that others just don't."

I HATE the "subjective crowd".

LBJ isn't a scorer now? There's your claim, and then there's the mountain of evidence that doesn't SUPPORT it. AKA the theme of this entire message board when it comes to basketball players.

See ya. This is a waste of time.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

This thread...is just...crazy.

Lets use some simple logic, if I accept that Lebron is a poor shooter, accept that he has no post up game, and accept he has no first step, what on earth does he have? How the !%+% did he score 30 points a game how on earth did he win a scoring title. Who did it? Was it a phantom scoring all those points? Explain.

this.

well he does by being the best athlete in the history of man.

he does it by getting favorable foul calls

he does it by usually having a mismatch everytime he has the ball.  Speed or Strength

Nobody is saying he can't shoot like Rondo. 

He's a great player and that's not the point.  His jumper has improved alot tho.  I guess it's unfair to want Lebron to be perfect but the media and even Lebron himself have done things to bring on the extreme criticism.  

Originally Posted by Al3xis

This thread...is just...crazy.

Lets use some simple logic, if I accept that Lebron is a poor shooter, accept that he has no post up game, and accept he has no first step, what on earth does he have? How the !%+% did he score 30 points a game how on earth did he win a scoring title. Who did it? Was it a phantom scoring all those points? Explain.

this.

well he does by being the best athlete in the history of man.

he does it by getting favorable foul calls

he does it by usually having a mismatch everytime he has the ball.  Speed or Strength

Nobody is saying he can't shoot like Rondo. 

He's a great player and that's not the point.  His jumper has improved alot tho.  I guess it's unfair to want Lebron to be perfect but the media and even Lebron himself have done things to bring on the extreme criticism.  

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

He has No shake at all

He is very stiff in his shoulders and hips.

he's not the quickest out the gate but he can maintain his speed with that stride length for a long time

His first step isnot one of the most explosive, its good not great. He doesnt gain great seperation from defenders who are similar in speed to him.

This dude is prolly part of the .05 percent in this thread who understands Lebron.  Not even his fans know his game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

It's not about the way I want him to score.

You can just see a pure scorer from a mile away. It's just an innate ability someone has that others just don't.

The way Lebron scores imho is a form of bailout scoring. Those putbacks, fastbreak dunks, and difficult shots while being stopped are VERY rare for Lebron to take when the game gets serious. It's hard to explain, but every person who has played basketball acknowledges that there are subliminal skills that certain players have that you just can't explain properly.

That's why people feel Wade should be the one scoring when the team needs a basket. Wade just has a higher sense of scoring than Lebron. He can force the type of shots he wants...while Lebron gets forced to take the type of shots the opposing team wants. But I agree with you...it sounds ridiculous, but it's not.
Bailout scoring huh?

Okay well I like facts so explain this to me Mr. Basketball genius sir.

FACT. Lebron James shoots  higher percentage in half court isolation situations than both Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony, Lebron shoots 44%, Carmelo 41%. Dwayne Wade 38%, the get fouled at the same rate as well. (according to synergy sports scouting)

How did this happen, he has no first step, acording to you he should not be able to score in half court isolation situations?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

He has No shake at all

He is very stiff in his shoulders and hips.

he's not the quickest out the gate but he can maintain his speed with that stride length for a long time

His first step isnot one of the most explosive, its good not great. He doesnt gain great seperation from defenders who are similar in speed to him.

This dude is prolly part of the .05 percent in this thread who understands Lebron.  Not even his fans know his game
laugh.gif

You can just see a pure scorer from a mile away. It's just an innate ability someone has that others just don't.

The way Lebron scores imho is a form of bailout scoring. Those putbacks, fastbreak dunks, and difficult shots while being stopped are VERY rare for Lebron to take when the game gets serious. It's hard to explain, but every person who has played basketball acknowledges that there are subliminal skills that certain players have that you just can't explain properly.

That's why people feel Wade should be the one scoring when the team needs a basket. Wade just has a higher sense of scoring than Lebron. He can force the type of shots he wants...while Lebron gets forced to take the type of shots the opposing team wants. But I agree with you...it sounds ridiculous, but it's not.
Bailout scoring huh?

FACT. Lebron James shoots  higher percentage in half court isolation situations than both Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony, Lebron shoots 44%, Carmelo 41%. Dwayne Wade 38%, the get fouled at the same rate as well. (according to synergy sports scouting)

How did this happen, he has no first step, acording to you he should not be able to score in half court isolation situations?
laugh.gif

How is it not? The dude shoots so many "pull up" threes...Fall back jumpers...and highpost/middle triple-threat jumpers. Yes, if you ask me...that is bailout scoring. You don't think that is bailing the defender out? The only difference is that I think Lebron shoots those because that is what makes up most of his offensive repitore.

The proof is in the actual game footage.

How is it not? The dude shoots so many "pull up" threes...Fall back jumpers...and highpost/middle triple-threat jumpers. Yes, if you ask me...that is bailout scoring. You don't think that is bailing the defender out? The only difference is that I think Lebron shoots those because that is what makes up most of his offensive repitore.

The proof is in the actual game footage.

Bailout scoring huh?

laugh.gif

Dude, get off stats. That's the problem with the average fan...they look too much into stats instead of really watching the games.

In 1993 - David Robinson averaged nearly 30 points a game. Hakeem averaged 27. I can firmly sit here and say that I don't even think Robinson was half the offensive player Hakeem was when it came to scoring. Some things are about watching the players play and not about just focusing on the stats.

Bailout scoring huh?

laugh.gif

Dude, get off stats. That's the problem with the average fan...they look too much into stats instead of really watching the games.

In 1993 - David Robinson averaged nearly 30 points a game. Hakeem averaged 27. I can firmly sit here and say that I don't even think Robinson was half the offensive player Hakeem was when it came to scoring. Some things are about watching the players play and not about just focusing on the stats.

How is he getting fouled at the same rate as Carmelo and Wade? In half court ISO's?. You don't get fouled on fade aways man.
ohwell.gif

This thread can't be life. 
laugh.gif

How is he getting fouled at the same rate as Carmelo and Wade? In half court ISO's?. You don't get fouled on fade aways man.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

So let me ask you...does this stat not include high pick and roles? For instance...is it not an isolation if Lebron calls for a pick, drives to the hole and gets fouled? Info please on how this stat determines what's isolation.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
You're assuming OP is saying that Lebron can't get to the rim.  Reading comprehension FTL.

So let me ask you...does this stat not include high pick and roles? For instance...is it not an isolation if Lebron calls for a pick, drives to the hole and gets fouled? Info please on how this stat determines what's isolation.

Back
Top Bottom