Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

How is he getting fouled at the same rate as Carmelo and Wade? In half court ISO's?. You don't get fouled on fade aways man.
ohwell.gif

This thread can't be life. 
laugh.gif
You're assuming OP is saying that Lebron can't get to the rim.  Reading comprehension FTL.

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

So let me ask you...does this stat not include high pick and roles? For instance...is it not an isolation if Lebron calls for a pick, drives to the hole and gets fouled? Info please on how this stat determines what's isolation.
Half court iso lation, exactly what it sounds like mr basketball genius, no pick and rolls in included, thats a seprate stat.

(lebron a beast on pick and rolls though.)

So let me ask you...does this stat not include high pick and roles? For instance...is it not an isolation if Lebron calls for a pick, drives to the hole and gets fouled? Info please on how this stat determines what's isolation.
Half court iso lation, exactly what it sounds like mr basketball genius, no pick and rolls in included, thats a seprate stat.

Originally Posted by amel223

How is he getting fouled at the same rate as Carmelo and Wade? In half court ISO's?. You don't get fouled on fade aways man.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
You're assuming OP is saying that Lebron can't get to the rim.  Reading comprehension FTL.

Thank you! That is also the case. I do believe Lebron can get to the rim...but the shot he takes is normally so tough. He's gifted enough to get fouled and score on some of these...

...but, my point is that when a team REALLY choses to buckle down and dictate the way Lebron scores, those type of shots aren't available. Because of his slow first step, a 2nd defender will have time to stop him from scoring. Live and die with a person taking a open 3...that's for the coach to decide. But that fact remains that I have seen it time and time again that Lebron struggles to get halfcourt points when a team gets serious about stopping him from scoring in the halfcourt.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Thank you! That is also the case. I do believe Lebron can get to the rim...but the shot he takes is normally so tough. He's gifted enough to get fouled and score on some of these...

...but, my point is that when a team REALLY choses to buckle down and dictate the way Lebron scores, those type of shots aren't available. Because of his slow first step, a 2nd defender will have time to stop him from scoring. Live and die with a person taking a open 3...that's for the coach to decide. But that fact remains that I have seen it time and time again that Lebron struggles to get halfcourt points when a team gets serious about stopping him from scoring in the halfcourt.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

OP: "For once I wish a guy like JVG would say..."It's obvious that Lebron really can't beat his man one on one." Just once!"Seems like he's saying that to me. Now to leave this thread before another IDIOT uses the "stats don't matter!" copout.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

OP: "For once I wish a guy like JVG would say..."It's obvious that Lebron really can't beat his man one on one." Just once!"Seems like he's saying that to me. Now to leave this thread before another IDIOT uses the "stats don't matter!" copout.

does it have isolation attemptspg and whatnot? Please direct me to such page.

does it have isolation attemptspg and whatnot? Please direct me to such page.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

OP: "For once I wish a guy like JVG would say..."It's obvious that Lebron really can't beat his man one on one." Just once!" Seems like he's saying that to me. Now to leave this thread before another IDIOT uses the "stats don't matter!" copout.

laugh.gif
 You again? Beating your man and Getting to the rim do not equal. Ask any ball player...the difference between beating your man and having your defender still in some fashion against you and the basket is huge. I never said Lebron can't get to the rim. But yes, he can't consistently beat his man for a good seperational shot attempt.

Lebron also shoots it better than Kevin Durant in ISO situations. 39% for him.

This thread is stupid, even if I accept what OP is saying to be true (which I don't given his size and weight his first step is incredible) it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant so painfully irrelevant.

It's the Lawrence Taylor can't cover trick question.

The answer is it doesn't **!@%+$ matter.
laugh.gif

.Also pick and roll>iso, I'd rather have dude be deadly in the pick and roll than isolation. Players who run the pic and roll well make your whole teams offense better, isolation scorers ussually just make there own stats look good.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

OP: "For once I wish a guy like JVG would say..."It's obvious that Lebron really can't beat his man one on one." Just once!" Seems like he's saying that to me. Now to leave this thread before another IDIOT uses the "stats don't matter!" copout.

laugh.gif
 You again? Beating your man and Getting to the rim do not equal. Ask any ball player...the difference between beating your man and having your defender still in some fashion against you and the basket is huge. I never said Lebron can't get to the rim. But yes, he can't consistently beat his man for a good seperational shot attempt.

Eh. Last time I checked, picks and screens are apart of basketball. And plently of players make use of them. Okay, so LeBron isn't the most elusive or creative player as far as attacking a set defense in the half court, so he uses a high screen to get into the teeth of the lane.  And? That's basketball.
laugh.gif
 C'mon son. The premise of this thread is just stupid.

Lebron also shoots it better than Kevin Durant in ISO situations. 39% for him.

This thread is stupid, even if I accept what OP is saying to be true (which I don't given his size and weight his first step is incredible) it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant so painfully irrelevant.

It's the Lawrence Taylor can't cover trick question.

The answer is it doesn't **!@%+$ matter.
laugh.gif

.Also pick and roll>iso, I'd rather have dude be deadly in the pick and roll than isolation. Players who run the pic and roll well make your whole teams offense better, isolation scorers ussually just make there own stats look good.

Eh. Last time I checked, picks and screens are apart of basketball. And plently of players make use of them. Okay, so LeBron isn't the most elusive or creative player as far as attacking a set defense in the half court, so he uses a high screen to get into the teeth of the lane.  And? That's basketball.
laugh.gif

op is correct, but i think he's stressing the point a bit much like it negatively affects his game more than it actually does

lebron makes up for his lack of smoothness on the initial drive in ways that practically nullify it, namely strength and size

op is correct, but i think he's stressing the point a bit much like it negatively affects his game more than it actually does

lebron makes up for his lack of smoothness on the initial drive in ways that practically nullify it, namely strength and size

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

laugh.gif

I think it's more important than people give it credit for...but you are right, it's apart of the game.

But this is why:

For a scorer - who's looking to score for his team in critical situations - pick and roll is normally useless in critical situations unless the plan is to pass the ball out to another player. if that's the plan - then great. But "normally"...you can't get a shot off for yourself using a pick and roll in critical situations unless you pull up for a outside jumper. ala John Stockton/Mike Bibby in his prime.

Beating your man solidly one on one gives you the better option to score for yourself and still be able to pass the ball out. That's why whenever I see a player call for a high screen in clutch situations, I then know that they too and their coach even realize their weakness. Let me repeat there is no benefit in a star player calling for a pick in critical situations other than to pass the ball out.

laugh.gif

I think it's more important than people give it credit for...but you are right, it's apart of the game.

But this is why:

For a scorer - who's looking to score for his team in critical situations - pick and roll is normally useless in critical situations unless the plan is to pass the ball out to another player. if that's the plan - then great. But "normally"...you can't get a shot off for yourself using a pick and roll in critical situations unless you pull up for a outside jumper. ala John Stockton/Mike Bibby in his prime.

Beating your man solidly one on one gives you the better option to score for yourself and still be able to pass the ball out. That's why whenever I see a player call for a high screen in clutch situations, I then know that they too and their coach even realize their weakness. Let me repeat there is no benefit in a star player calling for a pick in critical situations other than to pass the ball out.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Still no reading comprehension.  I'm not exactly sure if OP is explaining it in the best possible way, but I completely understand what he's getting at.

Too many of y'all getting butt hurt and defensive and not really listening to what he's saying.

Notice OP never said Lebron isn't the best sf in the game.  He never said Lebron wasn't good. 

It is a tremendous testimony to Lebron's talent that he scored 30 ppg despite just one limitation that OP is talking about. 

As much as I hate Lebron, I respect his IQ and his understanding of the game.  He understands matchups, pick and rolls, he has that passing ability that makes defenses constantly have to adjust.  He understands driving angles, he knows how to use his body to maximum effect.  Combine all this with his athleticism and it's obvious why he is a capable 30 ppg scorer in the league.

Too many people on here using foolish logic like "he's averaging 30 ppg so he HAS to have a quick first step"

Foolish logic. 

He doesn't have it and he doesn't need it to score 30 ppg.  But what it does is it makes it harder for him to close in the end of games. 

Can he close?  YES. 

Is it incredibly hard for him to do so compared to a Wade, a Kobe, a Melo?  I believe so. 

I think that's all OP is trying to say and that's it.

*waits for people to come in here with stats*

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Still no reading comprehension.  I'm not exactly sure if OP is explaining it in the best possible way, but I completely understand what he's getting at.

Too many of y'all getting butt hurt and defensive and not really listening to what he's saying.

Notice OP never said Lebron isn't the best sf in the game.  He never said Lebron wasn't good. 

It is a tremendous testimony to Lebron's talent that he scored 30 ppg despite just one limitation that OP is talking about. 

As much as I hate Lebron, I respect his IQ and his understanding of the game.  He understands matchups, pick and rolls, he has that passing ability that makes defenses constantly have to adjust.  He understands driving angles, he knows how to use his body to maximum effect.  Combine all this with his athleticism and it's obvious why he is a capable 30 ppg scorer in the league.

Too many people on here using foolish logic like "he's averaging 30 ppg so he HAS to have a quick first step"

Foolish logic. 

He doesn't have it and he doesn't need it to score 30 ppg.  But what it does is it makes it harder for him to close in the end of games. 

Can he close?  YES. 

Is it incredibly hard for him to do so compared to a Wade, a Kobe, a Melo?  I believe so. 

I think that's all OP is trying to say and that's it.

*waits for people to come in here with stats*

laugh.gif

But this is why:

eek.gif

Dude you really and seriously going to lord your basketball knowledge over people and go ahead and say this. Pick and rolls forces the defense to make more difficult rotatations, opens up way more options,  the either for the ball handler or the pick setter. You can get s switch also exploit the match up from there,  ask that boy Kemba Walker as he took that dudes whole existence away for the game winner because he switched on the pick and roll
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

plus lebron james for the past two years has scored the most crunch time points per game, his scoring improves drastically in the playoffs, then theres the whole 48 points in detroit, 45 points in the garden thing.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But this is why:

eek.gif

Dude you really and seriously going to lord your basketball knowledge over people and go ahead and say this. Pick and rolls forces the defense to make more difficult rotatations, opens up way more options,  the either for the ball handler or the pick setter. You can get s switch also exploit the match up from there,  ask that boy Kemba Walker as he took that dudes whole existence away for the game winner because he switched on the pick and roll
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

plus lebron james for the past two years has scored the most crunch time points per game, his scoring improves drastically in the playoffs, then theres the whole 48 points in detroit, 45 points in the garden thing.
laugh.gif

he uses his strength and speed...dude is not really quick but that is widely known

he will fall off hard once his body  starts breaking down a la kobe...same thing with wade...they are 90% athleticism and 10% skill

and dont bring up kobes jumper in comparison because dude has not been the same since jason kidd messed up his fingers in 2008

Back
Top Bottom