Why don't the Dr.Doom Foamposites get any love.....?

seems like these are everyone's favoreite foam right now. i personally never liked them til recently. they grew on me a little, but that white sole always has been and will be a major turn off for me.

seems like these are everyone's favoreite foam right now. i personally never liked them til recently. they grew on me a little, but that white sole always has been and will be a major turn off for me.

Glad to see yall boys know what im talkin bout far as da back in da day stuff goes. @CharmCity i see what u sayin bout dat white sole but at da same time its sexy as hell. i remember hearin bout da "dr doom" dopes in 07 i thought they was gon be silver and green or green and silver i saw a pic of em and was like "hold up bruh this aint his colors" but none da less i walked in dat mondawmin footlocker at 10am and gladly handed over 179 of dem thangs ya hear me. And didnt wait in no line neither peep this I WAS THE ONLY DUDE THERE! Since im listenin to biggie right now might as well use his words"@#$% Done Changed". Wit dat being said Yall boys have a goodnight

Glad to see yall boys know what im talkin bout far as da back in da day stuff goes. @CharmCity i see what u sayin bout dat white sole but at da same time its sexy as hell. i remember hearin bout da "dr doom" dopes in 07 i thought they was gon be silver and green or green and silver i saw a pic of em and was like "hold up bruh this aint his colors" but none da less i walked in dat mondawmin footlocker at 10am and gladly handed over 179 of dem thangs ya hear me. And didnt wait in no line neither peep this I WAS THE ONLY DUDE THERE! Since im listenin to biggie right now might as well use his words"@#$% Done Changed". Wit dat being said Yall boys have a goodnight

shouldve got a pair back when they release when i work was working in the shoe spot. Before the foams hype grew large...

shouldve got a pair back when they release when i work was working in the shoe spot. Before the foams hype grew large...

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

CAN ANYONE INFORM THIS THREAD HOW THE NAME CAME:?
IIRC, Nike dropped the Fantastic 4 pack with the Invisible Woman AF1, the Thing Dunks, Human Torch AM95, Mr. Fantastic AM90, and the Doom Foams. Thus, they were dubbed Dr. Doom Foams by Nike. They prob made them black and white because all comics start off from BW sketches then get colored in later. I'm going out on a limb there. Why they weren't metallic silver foam with Green soles and gold checks is beyond me...

116ovvt.jpg

IIRC, Nike dropped the Fantastic 4 pack with the Invisible Woman AF1, the Thing Dunks, Human Torch AM95, Mr. Fantastic AM90, and the Doom Foams. Thus, they were dubbed Dr. Doom Foams by Nike. They prob made them black and white because all comics start off from BW sketches then get colored in later. I'm going out on a limb there. Why they weren't metallic silver foam with Green soles and gold checks is beyond me...

116ovvt.jpg

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Only big thing for me was the white sockliner.  I could live with the white outsole.  I actually kind of liked it, but I think the sample pics I saw of these (could have just been sketches.) these had a black sockliner and everything else on the shoe was the same.  If that were the case I'd have a pair.  Other thing I didn't like was the leather trim on the upper as opposed to nubuck like on most foams. (same reason I didn't cop the silver foam pros.)  

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Only big thing for me was the white sockliner.  I could live with the white outsole.  I actually kind of liked it, but I think the sample pics I saw of these (could have just been sketches.) these had a black sockliner and everything else on the shoe was the same.  If that were the case I'd have a pair.  Other thing I didn't like was the leather trim on the upper as opposed to nubuck like on most foams. (same reason I didn't cop the silver foam pros.)  

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

116ovvt.jpg
preciate the knowledge. and yea it just doesnt make sense, black and white but everyone else is true to color. well The Thing dunks could have had some rock crumble resembling texture

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

116ovvt.jpg
preciate the knowledge. and yea it just doesnt make sense, black and white but everyone else is true to color. well The Thing dunks could have had some rock crumble resembling texture

^ :smh:

At least the grave dig reminded me that it's been a minute since I've broken out my pair. Definitely gonna have to change that soon.

:stoneface: at this Grave Dig but DR doom foam's are one my favorite kick's i own this is a old pic so you can guess how cooked they are now :lol: :pimp: liked this CW from day 1

Don't mean to thread crash, but since the Fantastic Four pack was brought up, and the thread was dug up, does anyone know what material the toe box of the Mr. Fantastics were made out of? And if there were any other AM90s that used the same material?

Back
Top Bottom