why is it such a sin to say anyone will be better than Michael Jordan?

Debating Wade and Pip now? Not close, Wade's a much better overall player.

I'd take Wade and Bosh before any other players Jordan played with.

I'd take Shaq before Wade & Bosh tho.

people really debating Scottie vs D wade in here? lol

scottie use to hit fastbreak off the backboard 3s just so the other team could call a timeout..

then MJ would just work

D wade is cool but in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is he better than scottie...

scottie is a top 50 player even if we made a new list today...

he's the most efficient basketball player ive ever seen play , he'll go down as the goat its just

gonna take some time for people to come around.

do it mitch

the year jordan retired, scottie was an MVP candidate and led the BULLS to the playoffs, got beatup by the knicks but scottie definatley let the world know that year that he was just as important to the bulls as MJ

he's the most efficient basketball player ive ever seen play , he'll go down as the goat its just

gonna take some time for people to come around.

do it mitch

the year jordan retired, scottie was an MVP candidate and led the BULLS to the playoffs, got beatup by the knicks but scottie definatley let the world know that year that he was just as important to the bulls as MJ
I heard they got ROBBED that year. At first I heard stephen a Smith say it...

But I went and asked some old OBJECTIVE heads that I honestly trust and they said the same thing.

ill just leave this in here

I'll leave you with this

Showing highlight films makes any argument/debate elementary.

I know exactly the type of player Scottie Pippen was, and I know exactly the type of player Wade is, and overall Dwyane Wade was better. Offensively Wade was a superstar, Scottie was not. Defensively of course it's Scottie but Wade is a very good defender as well.

I heard they got ROBBED that year. At first I heard stephen a Smith say it...

But I went and asked some old OBJECTIVE heads that I honestly trust and they said the same thing.
They got a terrible call go against them in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. I've heard some people argue they would have won the chip if it wasn't for that call, but damn, that's two more rounds they would have to gone through. They would have had no answer for Hakeem in the finals.

Kevin Durant isn't even gonna get 10 scoring titles. And he's known as the best scorer of this era. LeBron is widely regarded as the best defender of this era and hasn't even one a Defensive Player of the Year award. Jordan has set the bar too high. If Kobe can't catch MJ, no one can.

As far as I'm concerned, people should be talking about Kobe and LeBron comparisons. I personally believe those are the two best players in the world, today.

Wade ain't a good defender man. He defends the passing lane well, that's it. Unless that = Good defender these days..

There's a reason why the bulls didn't need a dominant bigman to win those titles..

Wade ain't a good defender man. He defends the passing lane well, that's it. Unless that = Good defender these days..

There's a reason why the bulls didn't need a dominant bigman to win those titles..

Um, no. Wade is a absolutely a good defender. Solid on ball defender, and solid help defender. He's no Pippen defensively, but to claim he only plays passing lanes is a complete lie. Wade isn't Allen Iverson. The entire reason why the Heat are able to execute their trap heavy defensive scheme is because of the defensive capabilities of both LeBron and Wade, and their ability to recover to the weak side extremely quick.

Wade's also been like the best shot blocking guard in the league since he entered the league. For the life of me I don't know why dudes continue to sell Wade short.

Last edited:

There's a reason why the bulls didn't need a dominant big man to win those titles..

Agree Wade is not really a good on the ball defender but he got good timing on weak side blocking.

Pippen, on the other hand, was not only good at blocking but also great at on the ball defend. Not to mention he's 6'8 and can guard any position 1-5 with his athleticism and length

Playing in an 90s era of little guards( Isiah, Stockton, GP, Hershey, Stark, Hornecek etc) allow freaks like MJ and Pippen to dominate the perimeter

Other teams like the Knicks, Jazz, etc have good front line but their back court just couldnt match with MJ and Pippen size/skills.

It's another reason why the Bulls get away with 6 rings in an era of big men. The other team just don't have anyone on the perimeter that can match Pippen and MJ speed/athleticism

History would have been different if MJ Bulls run into a team with a duo like Shaq/Kobe Lakers who dominate both inside and perimeter.

Agree Wade is not really a good on the ball defender but he got good timing on weak side blocking.

Playing in an 90s era of little guards( Isiah, Stockton, GP, Hershey, Stark, Hornecek etc) allow freaks like MJ and Pippen to dominate the perimeter

Other teams like the Knicks, Jazz, etc have good front line but their back court just couldnt match with MJ and Pippen size/skills.

It's another reason why the Bulls get away with 6 rings in an era of big men. The other team just don't have anyone on the perimeter that can match Pippen and MJ speed/athleticism

History would have been different if MJ Bulls run into a team with a duo like Shaq/Kobe Lakers who dominate both inside and perimeter.

Great points right here. 100% correct to. I recall watching bulls games and they literally had a 3 and sometimes four man press going with Ron, MJ, Scottie and sometimes dennis. All four of them are about the same size. No one in the league could match up with that. Even teams that had size down low had an incredibly hard time getting the ball up the floor and actually to the post.

And Wade is the better offensive player, Scottie is the better defensive player. However, the margin between the better offensive player is much larger than the margin between the better defensive player, thus I say Wade is better. Scottie did prove a lot though when Jordan had to leave the game to pay off and settle those gambling issues Jordan left to play baseball. MVP like season.

People think it is a sin to compare anyone to Michael Jordan because his greatness supersedes the accomplishments of any player in league history. Not only that, he accomplished what he did at the height of the NBA. He won on the biggest stage the league had to offer.

With that said I think LeBron is the only player that can realistically be in the same league as Michael Jordan. All bias aside, he is doing things MJ has never done in terms of efficiency. LeBron has the versatility of a Scottie Pippen, with the play making ability of Magic Johnson. Fans and analyst love to talk about his shooting "weakness" when he's now shooting the ball with ease at a great percentage. He drives the ball with both hands, pulls up when necessary, posts up anytime he needs an easy bucket, etc. He does everything on the floor with greatness. He has no weakness as a basketball player at this point in his career.

The reason people compare MJ to LeBron isn't just about accomplishments. People are having two different arguments. If you only focus on career accomplishments Jordan will win every time. But when you compare them as basketball players, that's where things get interesting.

In my opinion:
Michael Jordan was a better
  • scorer
  • shooter

LeBron is a better
  • rebounder
  • passer

They are comparable athletically and both are great defenders. Both had no tangible weakness in their games.

Wade is not Iverson on D. He's rock solid on the ball & obviously he's one of the best help guys in the league.

And CHI didn't need a dominant big because they always had a lockdown defensive big in Grant & later Rodman and offensively, Jordan & Pip consistently got buckets on the block.

CHI was never weak in the post on either end of the floor.

Last edited:
:lol: at you guys really thinking Wade > Scottie

As many people have said. Wade is a great offensive player. He has the ability to take over a game all by himself. He is a good defender, great at playing passing lanes, and is one of the best shot blocking guards in the history of the game. Scottie Pippen was the better on ball defender and more versatile due to his size...and that is where the comparison stops.

Wade came into the league and was dominant. In his third year he lead the Miami Heat to a Championship and was a top 5 player in the league. He was self made. And lets not forget he was Finals MVP with Shaq on his squad.

Scottie benefited from MJ being on his team. Without MJ, Scottie Pippin does not become an elite defender.

Back
Top Bottom