Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

thinking through this again and seeing the resale prices of those lebron MVP's...i think it's very possible.

Of course we won't think so. People back then probably thought chucks would be #1 forever. I.see more n more kids with kd, lbj kobe, d rose on. Give it a decade or so. Not saying they will be as popular but their will be a large increase im sales and dip in jordans

Of course we won't think so. People back then probably thought chucks would be #1 forever. I.see more n more kids with kd, lbj kobe, d rose on. Give it a decade or so. Not saying they will be as popular but their will be a large increase im sales and dip in jordans

agreed. how many times can you release the same shoes over and over before ppl get tired of them?

thinking through this again and seeing the resale prices of those lebron MVP's...i think it's very possible.
It's not a fair comparison. The MVPs are extremely limited whereas 99% of Jordans are GR and sold everywhere.

lebrons look generic. nothing special about them
heat.gif

i do think that one of the things hurting lebrons is that not many of them have that casual crossover appeal that the 1-14 jordans have

the 7's, 8's are the only ones that have it imo

It's not a fair comparison. The MVPs are extremely limited whereas 99% of Jordans are GR and sold everywhere.

there's jordans out there that go for the same if not more...and i'd say there are FAR more extremely limited jordans than there are limited lebrons...people dropping MULTIPLE THOUSANDS on a pair of lebrons on release day...nobody was dropping thousands on jordans on release day. but...i wasn't really using the lebrons as a comparison, anyways, i was using them as the basis of the thought that we have NO idea what the future really holds.

there's a saying out there that i think applies to this situation "every generation thinks they invented [...]" in 20 years, are kids going to think it's cool linking up to cop the shoes their GRANDPARENTS and GREAT GRANDPARENTS were wearing? or are they going to be looking at buying the shoes they wanted when they were kids and couldn't afford them then? are any of us really wearing our grandparents shoes? or are we buying the shoes we couldn't afford when we were younger?

all I'm really trying to say - shoes weren't NEARLY as popular back then as they are now. Jordans are popular now b/c they paved the way for the Lebrons. In 20 years, will that still be the case or will people move on? I say there will always be a place in history for Jordans, but people will move on.

Until they start using real leather and remove the Nike sign from Lebrons. No.
I don't think high-performance basketball shoes from Nike will ever be made of leather again. Hyperfuse is lighter, really durable, offers awesome ventilation, and gets rid of excess stitching, making leather obsolete.

I don't think high-performance basketball shoes from Nike will ever be made of leather again. Hyperfuse is lighter, really durable, offers awesome ventilation, and gets rid of excess stitching, making leather obsolete.
I agree if they had hyperfuse during the mid 80s, 90s, and early 2000s do you think that they would still use leather.

I like certain lebrons but aint droppin 300 Canadian for all these neon plastic boots.
If jordans 1-14 were retrod with OG quality every release and hypebeasts didnt exist this wouldnt even be a debate.

Lebrons aren't that bad. I wouldn't buy a pair personally unless I was balling in them. On the other hand Jordan's broke so many barriers, not only were the shoes iconic, but so were the elements that went into their design. Elephant print for example, is used on so many shoes today.

Lets face it all the designers have limited ideas today. 90's was the golden era for sneakers in terms of design & construction, and the bar is set too high to even reach today. Many basketball shoes are compared but none are touching the Jordan line.

i havent bought shoes in years but im tryna get the lebron 11 teracotta warriors i think those r fire

Back
Top Bottom