Will todays GR dunks be sought after heavily in the future?

The only GR's in 07' I could see being sought after in the future are maybe a couple of the jpack releases. Most of them were horrible and guady, butIMO the 3 and the 2 inspired ones were pretty hot. They were avalible and are still avalible in such quantities though, it is unlikely. That one pack with thewhite/colored leather and the perferated side was alright too, but people slept on those for sure and I'm sure they are still avalible somewhere forretail.

Honestly, the last GR dunks I can see becoming a sought after shoe are the Un-aragon and Purple/Black joints from late 05. Those are the last GR's that Ican come up with off the top off my head that were hot enough to buy, simple, slept on, and classic. I still rock the purple/black from time to time in factand no one seems to remember that release. I think it was at the real cusp of when dunks started getting huge with the masses, but there was so much hype onSB's that people passed on these. I got both in like March of 06' for literally like $60 shipped, but I'm not sure what they are going for now.

once the next generation of beasts are born i think there will be another wave of sneakerheads drooling over today's releases. it also depends ifthey'll be in the retro thing. personally i think a lot of the releases today just play off of what we considered limited,neck-breaking,creative/artisticor simply classic releases. just my thoughts on your question, not so much a answer.

i think that they might becuase every generation has its pinecule beast time just like any other so it might but not as crazy as this generation

I agree the jpack ones will probably be coveted in time. But as far as those horrible creations Nike put out in those gaudy colors (those starbursts
sick.gif
) andover use of patent leather, crap leather, cheap materials, the word LE imprinted on the insole, and such to make mone off the new born "sneakerheads"that wanted flashy and limited...I hope those that continue their love for sneakers will forget this moment in time and call it the dark ages of collecting.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

The only GR's in 07' I could see being sought after in the future are maybe a couple of the jpack releases. Most of them were horrible and guady, but IMO the 3 and the 2 inspired ones were pretty hot. They were avalible and are still avalible in such quantities though, it is unlikely. That one pack with the white/colored leather and the perferated side was alright too, but people slept on those for sure and I'm sure they are still avalible somewhere for retail.

Honestly, the last GR dunks I can see becoming a sought after shoe are the Un-aragon and Purple/Black joints from late 05. Those are the last GR's that I can come up with off the top off my head that were hot enough to buy, simple, slept on, and classic. I still rock the purple/black from time to time in fact and no one seems to remember that release. I think it was at the real cusp of when dunks started getting huge with the masses, but there was so much hype on SB's that people passed on these. I got both in like March of 06' for literally like $60 shipped, but I'm not sure what they are going for now.

I guess I should keep my un-Argons for a couple years then...

There was also a GR from 2004 that was a Dunk high in white/midnight navy...It is basically a poor man's Villanova Dunk without the stuffed tongue of anSB and without the nylon tongue of the 2008 BTTYS (this has a mesh tongue). This pair I will also hold onto for a little while...

There were a few GR's, like those Syracuse/un-co.jp lows w/ the orange and obsidian. I wanna say that was '03 or so. I still get looks when I rockthese now.

um dontrelles seem like it........it wasnt really a GR, but anyone could have got them if they knew to go on collectionroyale i like them, my pair is a size 7,so might not really be worth anything, and a couple of big sizes are on ebay, one with a BIN of 180

Only time will tell. I could see the orange/grey and purple/grey dunk highs with the cement midsole being beasted-on in the future, but probably not for along time as they are readily available.

People are all over the Purple Pigeons (I hate that nickname
eyes.gif
) right now,so that's probably one to watch. Pisses me off too because my pair is starting to look a little worn
frown.gif

Also on the SB front, I could see the Veronas one day pulling in some bills. They're good quality, a bit unusual, and have cement print. Not sure ifthose are a GR though... I rarely see anyone wearing them
nerd.gif

Only way to be safe: buy obscene amounts of every dunk that comes out. I hear Phil Knight is accepting kidneys too
roll.gif

I doubt it. The dunk is hot as hell right now. Nike is going to drop any and everything cuz,
"Ns will buy it."

i doubt any GR's would be that sought after. maybe some of the japanese/euro exclusives or some boutique non-sb's like umm...Hollands maybe. Those taxijoints possibly. some stuff thats not a GR but under the radar and not super hyped. I think that stuff might garner some attention later on

Its tough to say, I mean honestly did anyone back in 90-98 think that they would getting "obscene" amounts of money for shoes they bought. It alldepends on the next generation and their tastes. And what is GR today could still be limited 10 years from now. So I suppose we will have to wait and see. Wordto the Rule Against Perpetuities

I wouldn't be surprised. The "coveted/limited" releases have people storing them and/or rocking them ever so lightly, while the GRs are beingworn to death. Meaning less of the GRs may eventually be around. There is a possibility, but like most have said, only time will tell..

030609.jpg

I think these are going to be a hot commodity cause i always have a bunch of people asking me about mine whenever i wear them. and i copped these for 30 onsale....i don't even know how long ago...at least 3 years lol

who would have ever thought that same thing in 1999.....but then again not everyone was trying to be a "collector" in them days
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by VINTAGEKID1986

who would have ever thought that same thing in 1999.....but then again not everyone was trying to be a "collector" in them days
indifferent.gif

Good point made, reason I asked is because I come across a LOT of stuff for bargain prices.

a short list imo from the last couple of years:

Denim Lows and His....ESPECIALLY the olive denim lows i regret not getting those from id4shoes hard
Dirty Denim lows (the leather joints from like 03)
'island' pack kakhi joints from 2 yrs ago
Seer Sucker His
newsprint His
the 2-3 pair of GR HEMP dunks from last year or so

less General Released pairs:

Lucha Libre
Dontrelle
Thing Hi

I predict that in 2-3 years there will be pairs of 6.0s that you could've / can got at freakin pack sun or eastbay for $30 that will skyrocket in price.

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

There were a few GR's, like those Syracuse/un-co.jp lows w/ the orange and obsidian. I wanna say that was '03 or so. I still get looks when I rock these now.
That was late 2003.
I'm still rocking my pair and your right they do get people looking.

bootleg ed - Thanks for reminding me that I slept on those GR denims lol
smh.gif

Originally Posted by justinvincent

bootleg ed - Thanks for reminding me that I slept on those GR denims lol
smh.gif

Yeah those were thoro...i need the olives...

and one of the 6.0s i was referring to is these:

1001198iq3xs9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom