Windows 7 out now

Just got my download links in my email. Only thing is.. I'm on Vista 32 bit.. I'm still confused on how the upgrade to 64bit will work? I saw someonesay it will put all of my old files into a folder and clear the programs. Is this true?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Just got my download links in my email. Only thing is.. I'm on Vista 32 bit.. I'm still confused on how the upgrade to 64bit will work? I saw someone say it will put all of my old files into a folder and clear the programs. Is this true?

Only if you're going to a 32bit, a 64bit will reformat

Here's a more simple table

windows-upgrade-chart-eb-remake-final3.png

A good article:

Prep Your PC for Windows 7

Which version is right for you?

Ok, cool. So basically, I'm getting a clean install of Windows 7? That's good. I'm backing up all my stuff right now.

Originally Posted by petermans

what does this provide that vista doesnt?

Stability, less of a resource hog. I'm sure I'm missing other big points, but those are the reasons I'm upgrading.

The pre-orders for Windows 7 were the largest in Amazon's history. Even breaking Harry Potter's record.

just in case some of u are wondering......x86 version is the same thing as 32-bit i was confused myself w7 is pretty cool unfortunatley some of my game modsdont work like they did on xp

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

just in case some of u are wondering......x86 version is the same thing as 32-bit i was confused myself w7 is pretty cool unfortunatley some of my game mods dont work like they did on xp

Compatibility mode? Right click the file and try compatibility mode...

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

^ game file or mod file?

Whatever icon you use to run the program.

I just finished backing all my stuff up. About to go ahead and run the install.
glasses.gif
See you in 7....

they had us in there late last night setting up for this crap. they swear its the black friday for microsoft or something...

Originally Posted by torontoRaptor15

Behold, the Windows 7 Whopper. Only available in Japan. 7 stacked beef patties! This is no joke.

22ng560734059.jpg
Damn,in Japan they want you to have a stroke while you're downloading Windows 7

I'm in there!

Very clean so far. I like how the dove was the first image. "Peace offering"
laugh.gif
Looking forward to it.

I have the RC version on one partition of my HD but I cant get any sound. I can get Windows 7 for $30 w/ the student discount but I dont want to waste $30 ifthe problem hasnt been resolved.

(Im using a HP Pavilion dv1000... yea.. its old...)

Contacted Acer about how to upgrade on my netbook. Dude says its not a recommended move. Anybody else did the upgrade on theirs?

Back
Top Bottom