Windows 7 out now

Yeah I know and I've found a article about upgrading for a netbook.

Think he told me that because I'm out of warranty, probably thinking if he told he how to do it & something went wrong I'd hold them responsible.

just copped: http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16834157045
pimp.gif

it should be here tomorrow, I haven't owned a PC in a while and I'm kind of excited

I wanna cop it on the student discount, but I might as well wait.

Not adding anything new to my laptop, rather just get a brand new one and be set.

Got my discs for Windows 7 Ultimate... how should i go about installing?

I got Vista Home Prem right now. Do i gotta back everything up? Or will i be good?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I got Vista Home Prem right now. Do i gotta back everything up? Or will i be good?
According to the chart posted on the last page it'll do a simple upgrade without affecting anything you have installed (assuming you'regoing from 64-bit to 64-bit, or 32-bit to 32-bit).

Back up everything anyways, better to be safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

According to the chart posted on the last page it'll do a simple upgrade without affecting anything you have installed (assuming you're going from 64-bit to 64-bit, or 32-bit to 32-bit).

Back up everything anyways, better to be safe than sorry.

Yea figured as much... I have M$ office on here too... will that be messed up? I have the disc so i can install it 1 more time cause i have the 3rd license butthen i gotta install it on my girls comp too.

Will M$ give me another product key if i need it? i mean, its 2 computers just with a reinstall... i shouldnt lose the use of my discs right?

Anyone know where i can find a tutorial to do a clean install?

Im backing up my music/pics/docs and stuff and i just wanna wipe my HDD completely and install 7 Ultimate.

Anyone know where i can find a tutorial to do a clean install?

Im backing up my music/pics/docs and stuff and i just wanna wipe my HDD completely and install 7 Ultimate.
when you're about to install it windows will ask you on which hard drive to you want to install. click your hard drive and on the bottom clickadvance options and reformat the drive

Mine came in the mail today.

Quick question...my dad wants to install this on his 3-year old computer. He only has 512 mb ram (minimum requirement is 1 GB ram). If he installs more ram inhis computer will Windows 7 work well for him? I told him to give it a try and if not to just cop a new computer.

Also, can I use the CD key multiple times? I want to install Windows 7 on my other computer as well.

Bump... Just installed. How do i get the latest drivers and everything i need to be running 100%? My resolution on my screen seems kinda fuzzy... and i didntsee how i was supposed to reformat my HDD... I dont think it ever gave me the option.

Im using a HP Pavilion dv9000.

- Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.... (by pressing the key you're entering the setup)
- Select your language, time and currency and keyboard input (optionaly)
- Click install now
- Choose your edition (x86 is 32-bit, x64 is 64-bit) depending of CPU type you have.
*Choose x64 if you have 64-bit processor.
- Click "I accept".
- Click "Custom (advanced).
- Choose your partition/hdd drive where Win7 should be installed and click format

Thanks sole.

Gonna bookmark this thread for now... So far it really seems like im running a lot faster than i was before with vista.

All of my music and pics and everything went right to the Windows.old folder. I still got a whole lot of HD space taken up that I would like to free up... arethere programs that can help you get rid of stuff?

Windows update ran as soon as I booted from clean install and downloaded all my drivers. Even drivers for wireless mouse, network adapter, etc. I've had toinstall nothing thus far.
smokin.gif

Thanks sole.

Gonna bookmark this thread for now... So far it really seems like im running a lot faster than i was before with vista.

All of my music and pics and everything went right to the Windows.old folder. I still got a whole lot of HD space taken up that I would like to free up... are there programs that can help you get rid of stuff?
Click on the windows icon (start) and type "disk cleanup" Run that. and click on "clean up system files" on the bottom left.There will then be an option to remove "Old windows install files" or something like that. Make sure you grab everything you need from thewindows.old folder first though.

only thing i dont like is the transparent taskbar. I have object dock on and it shows my icons through it and its pretty annoying

Back
Top Bottom