Windows 7 out now

Originally Posted by HyphySole

only thing i dont like is the transparent taskbar. I have object dock on and it shows my icons through it and its pretty annoying
Make it solid then. or switch object dock to the top. I honestly find object dock useless now. I just pin the programs I use most to the taskbar.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Bump... Just installed. How do i get the latest drivers and everything i need to be running 100%? My resolution on my screen seems kinda fuzzy... and i didnt see how i was supposed to reformat my HDD... I dont think it ever gave me the option.

Im using a HP Pavilion dv9000.

yea for the resolution, u need to update ur graphics drivers, in win7 u can just click on the current driver and it will automatically update it for u if urconnected to the internet. restart and then it looks crisp.

I've been using this OS for about 2 months now. 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate and it's been running well ever since.

Originally Posted by ishmedude

oh i forgot about windows 7....dl my copy right now
DON'T tell me where.
happy.gif

Can someone help me I keep getting this message on the install and I have windows vista. I don't get it.

"You can't directly upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. Go online to learn how to use Windows Easy Transfer to install Windows 7 and keep your filesand settings. "

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

^ ur going to have to do custominstall..dont worry tho..ur files will be in the "windows.old" folder

Thanks, got it all workin.

I am trying to upgrade to windows 7 now but I get this message before it allows me to update:

These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading,
we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control
Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer's website
to search for updated drivers.

Storage controllers: [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]ANFNFHC0 IDE Controller[/color]
I went to device manager and when I click the device (not sure what this device is referring), it doesn't show any information on it....juststates that the drivers could not be loaded. When I click UPDATE drivers, windows can't find anything and recommends I check the manufacturers website (Iwould if I knew what device this was exactly, the mobo?).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/mez0ne/12345.jpg?t=1256346076

Just wanted to see if you knew anything, I don't want to try anything until I know for certain.

thanks.

I have version Cisco PEAP Module 1.0.13 and want to upgrade to version 1.1, but I can't find it on Cisco's website. Anyone know where I can download itat?

Also, is it necessary to upgrade it if I'm upgrading Vista to 7? I used Microsoft's Update Advisor and it says that there is a update available forversion 1.0.13. It does not say that this version is compatible because it says it does not have compatibility information about this version.

I would upgrade, but I'm worried about program compatibility, especially with Reason, FL Studio, and Adobe Audition.

Well if anyone cares I got this running thru boot camp on my mac. I had xp but I just removed that partition all together and created a new one for W7. Imsurprised it work this easily to be honest. I just popped in my OSX disk after I installed W7 and the drivers automatically updated.

So far I like it. It's real responsive. I went with the x86 btw.
Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

I would upgrade, but I'm worried about program compatibility, especially with Reason, FL Studio, and Adobe Audition.

I plan on loading up FL and some other native windows programs tomorrow but I know I just d/l audacity real quick to see if itll work. You just have to rightclick the shortcut -> troubleshoot compatibility -> then itll start it as if it was windows xp. I assume thisll work on any program. Ima try it outtomorrow.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Liking it so far.
The scroll bar on the mouse pad doesn't seem to be working
mines wasant working either, then i sent to start, and did a windows update...they found an update for the mouse pad, restarted, and now itsworking

windows 7 is
pimp.gif

diggin the aero design...the "PIN to taskbar"

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Liking it so far.
The scroll bar on the mouse pad doesn't seem to be working
mines wasant working either, then i sent to start, and did a windows update...they found an update for the mouse pad, restarted, and now its working

windows 7 is
pimp.gif

diggin the aero design...the "PIN to taskbar"
What kind of laptop do you have?
Nothing came up for me.
But I'm really liking this os so far

I cant believe HP is making me sccan my receipt as proof that I paid for my computer to get my free upgrade. What's even more outrageous is Best Buywanting $40 to install W7 for me, when they said they'd do it for free if I bought my computer there at BB. God damn I hate these companies.

Back
Top Bottom