Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty : Season 2 Out Now

Is that Jerry Buss sitting behind the team?

It's crazy how they didn't mention Magic being hurt or where both teams were in the standings.

I'm watching the real game from 80' now and Spencer Haywood was really puttin that pain down :lol::lol:

Yeah I watched it earlier too Kareem was killing, bird was still fast, I'm just confused why the show chose to make up a cooper game winner. Why misrepresent history?

Is that Jerry Buss sitting behind the team?

It's crazy how they didn't mention Magic being hurt or where both teams were in the standings.
Lol lots of the basketball is made up

Lakers didn’t lose the night before in Detroit.

Coach was also a ncaa coach for 9 years pre-lakers not some scrub.

Also the players loved Jack and his offense

**** Boston. Exactly how I’ve been feeling sports wise for as long as I’ve been watching and following professional sports.

I like the city itself. But the anti Boston sports sentiment is real.

**** Boston. Exactly how I’ve been feeling sports wise for as long as I’ve been watching and following professional sports.

I like the city itself. But the anti Boston sports sentiment is real.

Take away Harvard, Amherst, Tufts, BU, Northeastern, BC and the other great institutions of higher learning there, Boston is basically Alabama with Irish rednecks. It is only a great state because of people who aren't from there.

The Kareem bashing 🤦🏾‍♂️ you dudes obviously have no idea what he's sacrificed throughout his life time for the culture. Dude was in college and could have lost it all when Ali, Russell, Jim Brown, and the other "established" black athletes called on him to help fight for civil rights. They had already " made it" their careers were cemented Kareem was a college kid when he started taking the public stances he took in order to try and make sure y'all had your rights. Calling Kareem a grumpy old man is short sighted and idiotic. All that he been thru in his life to see a corny white dude like Adam McKay spit in his face for a paycheck with a cartoonish Bs excuse for a tv show has to be angering.

The Kareem bashing 🤦🏾‍♂️ you dudes obviously have no idea what he's sacrificed throughout his life time for the culture. Dude was in college and could have lost it all when Ali, Russell, Jim Brown, and the other "established" black athletes called on him to help fight for civil rights. They had already " made it" their careers were cemented Kareem was a college kid when he started taking the public stances he took in order to try and make sure y'all had your rights. Calling Kareem a grumpy old man is short sighted and idiotic. All that he been thru in his life to see a corny white dude like Adam McKay spit in his face for a paycheck with a cartoonish Bs excuse for a tv show has to be angering.
They didn’t even read the article. That’s what makes it most frustrating and you know what, he is right about the characters lol. Each character is very much like a cartoon character

Had no idea Kareem was an author. That article was well written and he makes valid points.

I don't think anyone in here is comparing this show to the Wire, Sopranos, Game of Thrones (before season six), etc. Really, the show should just be taken as popcorn entertainment, especially if you're a fan of basketball. Hopefully, the Apple+ Magic documentary is comparable to Last Dance or OJ 30 for 30.

I stopped after episode 2. This show wants it both ways it wants people to believe in the true stuff(which is very minimal) but also wants you to suspend belief for all the other BS in the show. Either make a show and stay true to what you based it on, or write the show you really want but don't use the actual characters. You can't weave in an out of fiction and non fiction for an entire series and expect the real fans or the actual people you're disgracing to respect it. It's just a money grab.

Take away Harvard, Amherst, Tufts, BU, Northeastern, BC and the other great institutions of higher learning there, Boston is basically Alabama with Irish rednecks. It is only a great state because of people who aren't from there.

I’m dead at Alabama with Irish rednecks. Can’t say I disagree if I’m going off my visits to Fenway and the Garden.

1650415844704.png

Back
Top Bottom