WNBA Finals: PHX Mercury defeat IND Fever (3-2)

frown.gif

im enjoying it...

Well I havent seen Ska post lately so who would have known they were even going on

Freaking game was awesome.

Taurasi is my favorite non-Sparks player in the league, so I'm pulling for the Mercury, still pissed that the mercury put the Sparks out.
frown.gif
mad.gif

But now that the Finals are set, I'm all for Taurasi grabbing her second ring. She has been ridiculous these playoffs, finishing with 22, 9, and 6 here inGm. 1 to give PHX the 1-0 lead.

Right, because the name of the teams playing determines whether or not the game was good or not.
laugh.gif

Do yourself a favor; watch Thursday night and get familiar with Cappie Pondexter, Diana Taurasi, Penny Taylor, Katie Douglas, and Tamika Catchings... and tryto watch without the piggybacked opinion that women can't play.

Lemmings.

I actually watched half a game the other night, I don't know if it was live or not, it wasn't bad.

It was on NBATV after a Bulls/Celtic's recap. I didn't mean to put down the Indiana, but I just don't know any teams outside of the Sparks,Mercury, Shock, Liberty, and Silver Stars (Damn broads always making shots for the SA Spurs in that stupid game they play where they put the Legend, thecurrent player, and the WNBA player on one team).

Pondexter, Taurasi and Catchings all seem like very good basketball players, but I just don't watch enough of it to have a good enough interpretation ofit. It would be naive of me to sit here and say so and so is good without noting other players who are skilled, so I'd much rather make a fool of myself topeople like you who know what they're talking about by talking down about a sport I don't follow, all in good fun.

And I know that's much more of an explanation than you cared for. Either that or I felt the need to "make-up," for my douchery.
laugh.gif

Seriously though, the Fever? I mean it's not as bad as the Bobcats or the Silver Stars, it's just kind out of left-field. Did disco originate inIndiana or something?

It was close. And high scoring. A 120-116 final in overtime? That's a high scoring game. And Katie Douglas' 3 to force overtime with a couple secondsleft was freaking crazy.

Taurasi is a beast, though. I love watching her play.

Back
Top Bottom