Wow: Kobe Has A Story About Kwame Brown (Damn This Is Funny/Messed Up)

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Smush was nice, and is a good basketball player. Never understood the hate on him. As for kwame...
I had to chime in now, I didn't bother reading the other responses.. Smush was horrible. He could have actually fit in with the Lakers if he wasn't jealous of Kobe. He thought he deserved a bigger role in the offense and that influenced him as a player. If I remember correctly he didn't shoot very well from the floor either. I could be wrond but I bet half of his points came off of steals and breakaway dunks. Even then, all he had was that sorry a## reverse dunk that he did every game... LOL at the Cadillac Smushcalade..

Originally Posted by psk2310

Is anyone suprised by Kobe's story of Kwame? I'm no NBA scout but I can see the game Kwame had & see it was horrible. Not sure what MJ saw when he scouted him. No wonder his shoes have been so wack. Aside from the retros which are made with horrible quality, MJ's brand has become as wack as his bobcats. His stable of MJ atheletes have been mostly wack too.

I'm not surprised.. I could see from day 1 that Kwame wasn't going to be a good player.. He is just a tall individual. He's not a basketball player.
He doesn't have basic basketball skills..(And crazy small hands for someone of his stature) As for what MJ was thinking when he drafted him... MJ had both Tyson Chandler and Kwame in camp to evaluate their skills. In one on one battles, Kwame destroyed Chandler over and over.. It wasn't until after Jordan drafted Kwame and played him one-on-one, did he see how horrible a player and a scared little child Kwame was. All that being said, it is amazing how much the mind can effect the way your body re-acts in athletic competition. If you are scared or nervous then you will not perform well. For whatever reason(maybe lack of skills) Kwame has never been confident.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

niketalks smush parker story > any kobe smush parker story.

regarding the post shaq pre pau lakers of the 04-05 season to feb 08. all i can say is kwame brown cost them a trip to the western conference finals in 06 against a dallas team they played well against at that time. aside from that those years sucked. they had a good start in 06-07 and were 4th in the west til about late january then injuries and bad play sank in, and 04-05 was a nightmare.
I don't follow Ced? In 2006, the Lakers lost to the Suns in the first round of the playoffs in 7 games after blowing a 3-1 lead. Mavs only played the Grizz, Spurs and Amare-less Suns on route to the 2006 Finals.

kwame gets that rebound, the lakers win the series against phoenix and play the clippers in the 2nd round who they most likely beat.   they would've played dallas who they matched up with well at the time and played well.

aside from that seeing zodoggs reaction  had lakers sg 8  and the lakers beat phoenix in 06 would've been beautiful.
Ahhh. I see what you're saying now. I was reading it totally wrong 
laugh.gif
. Thought you were saying Kwame's poor play against the Mavs in 2006 cost them a trip to West Finals. My bad. 

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Originally Posted by VA757VA

Originally Posted by PMatic
howd he compile all those lowlights in one game..lol..
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
� @ yall bein mad at kobe... the personal hate runs deep...

MJ stood on stage almost a decade after his NBA career ended and blasted people from nearly 3decades earlier whom he personally invited to witness themselves getting thrown under the bus...no one had a problem with that??

These are the greatest competitors of our time gentleman...#letthatboyvent

My man, I remember this game, he didn't even have to edit it...these happened on CONSECUTIVE PLAYS!
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I actually felt really bad for Kwame when that happened. He wasn't the most skilled big man out there but I watched a good bit of him when he was with the Wizards and he showed some flashes. You can see from the move he did @ 1:37 that he wasn't a total stiff, but it of course rimmed out
laugh.gif
Your body can totally betray you if you are anxious or not confident in yourself. His small hands compounded the problem cus he'd always lose the ball in traffic or get stripped on the way up. 
I don't know if he ever worked with a sports psychologist or anything but he definitely needed to. How else do you explain him dominating in pre draft workouts (not just with size but with his ball skills)? I think the speed of the NBA game was just too much for him, and being afraid to fail and let MJ down made him lose his confidence and from that point he was just done. Not quite the same thing but when I was younger I was pretty good at soccer, played on a travel team for a couple years up until about 6th grade. Once I got to middle school I was playing with kids that were 13-14 and already more physically matured, and the speed of the game was in issue for me. Also being in middle school I was now more socially aware and instead of just playing the game for fun and being competitive like I used to, I was more afraid to fail or screw up than anything else. In two years I went from being one of the leading scorers on my team every year and playing midfield and striker on a travel team to being moved all the way back to sweeper on a house league team. By myself or with friends just messing around I still had the same skillset as when I was a good player, but come game time my ball skills and decision making were terrible cus I would be pressing trying not to screw up rather than just playing relaxed and confident. You could totally see the same thing going on with Kwame, or Darius Washington and Nick Anderson's missed free throws
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

"Smush... Wheeew.. I'm Not Even Going To Get Into That."
laugh.gif

Life was bad for Bean for 2yrs... WOW. BIG WOOP.

He's been fortunate to only have a %**++$ team for 2 out of the 15 yrs he's been in the league, he was drafted onto a team that had 3 ALL STARS, you know how many stars would kill to be able to say that?

Look at those squads Iverson, Mac, Carter back when he wasn't a #%@#% had to play with. Look at the squads G Hill & Penny had to play with before they went down.

Big @%%@@## Woop.
Pretty much. Kobe's had more good situations than most guys in NBA history.

All Truth Everything. Most Laker fans would tell u otherwise though.

KingJay718 wrote:
psk2310 wrote:
Is anyone suprised by Kobe's story of Kwame? I'm no NBA scout but I can see the game Kwame had & see it was horrible. Not sure what MJ saw when he scouted him. No wonder his shoes have been so wack. Aside from the retros which are made with horrible quality, MJ's brand has become as wack as his bobcats. His stable of MJ atheletes have been mostly wack too.

What does his shoes have to do with it?

I'm making a correlation that he's running his sportwear business with the same acumen as his basketball business. I think we can all agree that aside from the retros and Jordan 23 (which was alright), he shoes have been totally wack. Aside from some shorts to hoop, work out in, & relax, does anyone really wear his clothes?

His draft choices & roster building from the Wizards to now the Bobcats has been atrocious at best. He was one (perhaps even the greatest) basketball playes ever to lace it up, but an absolute simp as a basketball executive. 

Edit: Wanted to include this story on BleacherReport.com that sums up Jordan as a basketball exec here.
Actually you are the simp when it comes to the business aspect of it. He is making cheap quality shoes that cost a few dollars to make and he sells them for $150-200 a pop. You stop buying them another young kid starts and the cycle continues. He switches to even flimsier material on the shoes people still buy them and he makes even more money. What incentive does he have to make high quality shoes if people still buy them regardless? He releases wack colors, wack clothes, and it all still sells. As far as a basketball executive yes he sucks there is no denying it and he is not going to get better because he is cheap. He is basically going to turn into the Donald Sterling of the Eastern Conference. 

Originally Posted by epox12

KingJay718 wrote:
What does his shoes have to do with it?

I'm making a correlation that he's running his sportwear business with the same acumen as his basketball business. I think we can all agree that aside from the retros and Jordan 23 (which was alright), he shoes have been totally wack. Aside from some shorts to hoop, work out in, & relax, does anyone really wear his clothes?

His draft choices & roster building from the Wizards to now the Bobcats has been atrocious at best. He was one (perhaps even the greatest) basketball playes ever to lace it up, but an absolute simp as a basketball executive. 

Edit: Wanted to include this story on BleacherReport.com that sums up Jordan as a basketball exec here.
Actually you are the simp when it comes to the business aspect of it. He is making cheap quality shoes that cost a few dollars to make and he sells them for $150-200 a pop. You stop buying them another young kid starts and the cycle continues. He switches to even flimsier material on the shoes people still buy them and he makes even more money. What incentive does he have to make high quality shoes if people still buy them regardless? He releases wack colors, wack clothes, and it all still sells. As far as a basketball executive yes he sucks there is no denying it and he is not going to get better because he is cheap. He is basically going to turn into the Donald Sterling of the Eastern Conference. 

Aside from retro releases, maybe some shorts, & possibly a tee here & there, & maybe even a pair of slides... What other brand jordan products have you bought? 85% of his line is fugly. But maybe your one of them cornball country dudes that thinks the fusions are nice. Quality? Did you say quality? He keeps releasing shoes with midsole paint chipping & soles seperating from shoes early.What quality are you talking about? What is Jordan your brother in law or something?

Originally Posted by jasongilmore

I'm not surprised.. I could see from day 1 that Kwame wasn't going to be a good player.. He is just a tall individual. He's not a basketball player.
He doesn't have basic basketball skills..(And crazy small hands for someone of his stature) As for what MJ was thinking when he drafted him... MJ had both Tyson Chandler and Kwame in camp to evaluate their skills. In one on one battles, Kwame destroyed Chandler over and over.. It wasn't until after Jordan drafted Kwame and played him one-on-one, did he see how horrible a player and a scared little child Kwame was. All that being said, it is amazing how much the mind can effect the way your body re-acts in athletic competition. If you are scared or nervous then you will not perform well. For whatever reason(maybe lack of skills) Kwame has never been confident.

It's sad to see such a great player become such a bad executive. In my eyes he's in the same class as Elgin Baylor & Wes Unseld. That's sad. Other than Mr. Logo, I can't think of a player that turned into a great exec in basketball.  It makes you appreciate what Jerry West did as a player through his time as an exec.

Originally Posted by epox12

Aside from retro releases, maybe some shorts, & possibly a tee here & there, & maybe even a pair of slides... What other brand jordan products have you bought? 85% of his line is fugly. But maybe your one of them cornball country dudes that thinks the fusions are nice. Quality? Did you say quality? He keeps releasing shoes with midsole paint chipping & soles seperating from shoes early.What quality are you talking about? What is Jordan your brother in law or something?

I haven't bought any Jordan Brand products in years but THOUSANDS of other people do. You are talking about fugly colors as if that matters to the Jordan and his team at Jordan Brand. It is obvious you do not understand the way business works. The only thing Jordan cares about is the bottom line and maxing out his profits. Someone is obviously buying those hideous products (not me and not you) you are talking about because he keeps making and them and young kids buy them. As far as your quality comment it is obvious you did not thoroughly read my post or your reading comprehension skills are not that strong. Either way your reaction to my post proves you never took economics in college if you went to college at all. I could care less about Jordan he is a douche bag but his business model is based on maximizing profits by putting out crap "quality" products that sell for ridiculous prices. I could resort to calling you names also but its not necessary. Feel free to ignore the points I made and just call me a "cornball country dude".

In HS, Kwame Brown was a beast. His game wasn't like it is now. He was a versatile big man that could handle the ball. Not sure what happened but that is why he was Drafted #1. Hindsight is always 50/50.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

In HS, Kwame Brown was a beast. His game wasn't like it is now. He was a versatile big man that could handle the ball. Not sure what happened but that is why he was Drafted #1. Hindsight is always 50/50.
Well that makes sense because he was a manchild dominating teenagers but from day 1 in the NBA he was garbage. It is hard for me to see what the Wizards and all the other scouts saw in his game. He is like an NBA version of JaMarcus Russell.

Nah JaMarcus is worse.

Easy to say that AFTER the fact though. Remember that. Taking Kwame at #1 wasn't dumb until he showed he wasn't worth it. At that moment (of being drafted) it was a solid pick.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Easy to say that AFTER the fact though. Remember that. Taking Kwame at #1 wasn't dumb until he showed he wasn't worth it. At that moment (of being drafted) it was a solid pick.
This is true.

Still waiting on your response for Kobe, though.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Kobe Shaq is just a good player that has @#$% on the Spurs for a decade. Duncan is a good player that Kobe's Shaq's Lakers have OWNED since 2000.

Fixed.
pimp.gif

Why is Kobe just now brining this up? 

Back
Top Bottom