Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

Christian Promo
The Final Segment
The Opening Segment

Nothing stood out from the rest.
I thought it was sequenced poorly but they had 2 above average matches and they brought out Okada which is what most people wanted. Solid show.

Y’all have lost me with the Christian promo I thought it was perfectly done and made sense given the story they’ve been telling.

A better booker would have done a better build with the additional NJPW talent at hand.
Rainmaker looked a bit awkward.
Marina Shafir gets another Dynamite match after the TR ****show? Come on man there's better talent that could be on TV. She belongs on Youtube. How can she be this green after all this time?

I'm willing to argue that Ricochet pushed the limit just as much as any high flyer of any era.
As much as Tiger Mask did in the early 80s.
As much as Liger did in the late 80s.
As much as Rey Mysterio Jr. did in the early-mid 90s.

2 Cold is up there and has invented a LOT of stuff but it's always hard to argue "BETTER" when people are separated by 20+ years and in completely different eras. (Which is the reason why I'd rather reference INFLUENCE)

But a lot of his stuff from the early 90s Japan scene isn't even online.

There is one handheld of him vs. Benoit that is watchable if you can get over the quality.

Late Nite NTWT :emoji_waning_crescent_moon:

snoopsource.gif

Okada showing up and being noticeably bigger and taller than Adam Cole and Jay White is hilarious

Yeah that why I can see a 4 way instead of a tag team..
The 4 way is confirmed.

Okada always been a taller dude. He’s like New Japanese Randy Organs. Adam Cole being a shrimp just emphasized IT more I guess :lol:

I can agree that AEW missing a lot of their top dudes HAS probably made TK rethink how to structure this card. I am sure NJPW isn't allowing Okada to wrestle anyone 1-on-1 that isn't named Kenny/Bryan/CM, so him being in a 4-way makes POLITICAL sense.

But you know what doesn't make sense? NJPW letting damn Will Ospreay wrestle the company's mascot. That makes no damn sense.

But even with all the injuries, I think AEW could have done a better job with their build.

They could have profiled the NJPW invaders MUCH better because "we" know nothing about most of these "random outsiders."
They could have used promo packages or showcase matches to get the fans familiar with their movesets/personalities/motives.

But TK insists on treating his TELEVISION show as a show that only targets HIS audience instead of the casuals. Sure, probably 33% of that audience might know about these NJPW dudes but many might not.
How does it hurt to educate them? And NO, educating them doesn't SIMPLY include "Mike Tenay Jr." running his mouth @ 200 WPM about those dudes. People need visuals as well.

But we will see how it goes Sunday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom