Wrestling Thread April 18-26/ RIP Chyna passed away at 45

this company has zero competition. They can go out and literally sign any and every star in the world. Which for the past few years they have been doing. They have a world class training center where the best of the best are there teaching and molding the future. They have their own network where they can do whatever they want and also have 5 hours of network television to build and create characters every blessed week. BUT YET SOMEHOW THIS PRODUCT STILL SUCKS ****?! what else is there to blame other than the bozo creative department? Vince can be blamed but come on I doubt these dudes who are hired to be creative are coming in there with the heat and vince is just turning every single thing down every single week. Makes zero sense. Give me 18 months and i will have raw popping 4.5 ratings weekly. There are reasons why these NXT guys come up and just fall flat on their faces. Creative never gives them a shot at keeping that same fire lit that was there at Full Sail. I dunno man **** is depressing.
What would be your game plan?

watching some old wcw footage, and thinking that ring seems so small, did they use smaller ring than wwe?

I'm pretty sure that WCW and ECW used an 18x18 and WWE uses a 20x20..I wish they'd use a ring just like NJPW..I really like the extra size of the ring apron they use in Japan..

Gonna catch up on raw this morning it sounds like it was a good show.

Julio..:nthat:

watching some old wcw footage, and thinking that ring seems so small, did they use smaller ring than wwe?

I'm pretty sure that WCW and ECW used an 18x18 and WWE uses a 20x20..I wish they'd use a ring just like NJPW..I really like the extra size of the ring apron they use in Japan..

Gonna catch up on raw this morning it sounds like it was a good show.

Julio..:nthat:

Brother Case! Just left the gym it's the first time I've been since before I left for Mania. My back was super stiff last week whenever I got back from Dallas and it just now cleared up. Didn't wanna go workout and injure myself so I waited till today. Gonna be sore as ****

The wcw belt? Vince is a moron. If he were smart he would consolidate smackdown and nxt and rebrand it wcw. Like it or not wcw has history. It would give the product a ratings boost. Wcw could be the "wrasslin" show vince hates and wwe can be the sports entertainment.
Why on earth would the WcW brand be brought back to live? And why would you ruin a perfect, up and coming brand like NXT and associate it with WCW? 

Why on earth would the WcW brand be brought back to live? And why would you ruin a perfect, up and coming brand like NXT and associate it with WCW? 

Agreed..WCW is dead and it needs to stay that way..It's too late to try and bring that brand back to life, just like it was too late to bring ECW back..

I do like the idea of a brand split..Have the Cruiserweights/NXT call ups be the focus of SmackDown and have the WHC/sports entertainment be the focus of Raw..Have 2 shows that have different themes that way the fans are given more options..Also it could allow for each show to have their own ppv's and give each roster some time to rest..

It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring WCW back but like previous comments states its way too late for that. It couldve happened back around invasion time but you could tell they really didn't take it seriously. Especially Vince with being obsessed of getting rid of everyone else. 

Agreed..WCW is dead and it needs to stay that way..It's too late to try and bring that brand back to life, just like it was too late to bring ECW back..

I do like the idea of a brand split..Have the Cruiserweights/NXT call ups be the focus of SmackDown and have the WHC/sports entertainment be the focus of Raw..Have 2 shows that have different themes that way the fans are given more options..Also it could allow for each show to have their own ppv's and give each roster some time to rest..
Why do you need a brand split to do that when you can already do that now?

A WCW revival would be God awful. WWECW was a joke. I wasn't even watching during that era but I remember flipping channels and seeing that trash.

Why do you need a brand split to do that when you can already do that now?
Minus the separate PPV's

A WCW revival would be God awful. WWECW was a joke. I wasn't even watching during that era but I remember flipping channels and seeing that trash.
It had promise but Angle quitting/being fired and Benoit you know, kinda just led to them giving up hope.

It had so much potential. Anything that came from another brand was always so watered down. 

How quickly we forget, WWE was at its best with a conjoined roster. Two separate rosters creates a issue with feuds or lack thereof.

Granted the draft was cool, but it posed a issue with the title belts. Keep the roster as one, put together better storylines and character development. There is plenty of opportunity for all of the roster. The direction that the powers that be choose to go in bottle neck the possibilities though.

How quickly we forget, WWE was at its best with a conjoined roster. Two separate rosters creates a issue with feuds or lack thereof.

Granted the draft was cool, but it posed a issue with the title belts. Keep the roster as one, put together better storylines and character development. There is plenty of opportunity for all of the roster. The direction that the powers that be choose to go in bottle neck the possibilities though.
How was it an issue with the title belts? Didn't both shows have their own?

Titles barely mean anything now, why water them down even more with another set? The company is fine as one, just use Smackdown to showcase more mid-carders and give NXT guys lil TV time.

Right now Smackdown is just a recap for those who missed Raw, just use it to feature different guys more and help create new stars.

That's the primary issue there. You have a company with not 1 world champ, but 2. That's nonsense. You want a definitive champion. 1 lead guy with the rest chasing after the prestigious prize that should be the WWE World Heavyweight title.

The last thing the WWE needs to do is turning its self into the foolishness that is Boxing with multiple different world title belts.

Also instead of using Smackdown as a recap, WWE needs to seriously needs to return to the format where Smackdown was MUST SEE TV. I didn't want to miss a single Raw or Smackdown because I knew I would miss something extremely valuable.

When it comes to exposure, Raw and Smackdown needs to feature a little bit of everyone. Every feud doesn't need a show by show build with a quick finish at the next ppv. Some of the best feuds that we've ever seen have had time to develop over time. Not in 3-4 weeks. As a Champion. Yeah you're going to go through more feuds naturally because of the #1 contenders changing. But for guys not in the title picture, the feuds need to be giving time to properly tell a story.

Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens maybe, maybe have the best feud that I have seen in WWE in a long time. They hate each other but guess what they aren't doing? Trading weekly victories that don't further either one. Personally, I'd continue a slow burn for these guys that last until SummerSlam or Survivor Series.

Last edited:
Ah the good ol days where Smackdown! (yes, the exclamation point era) on UPN counted for something.

Back
Top Bottom