Wrestling Thread Aug 1-7 | 8/7 TNA Hardcore Justice - Sting vs Angle, Aries vs Kendrick vs Shelly

me going to Survivor Series depends on this Punk/Cena match. and if its just a regular match, i might not even watch Summerfest. obviously a ladder match is in order. maybe bring back hell in a cell.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

maryse0uellet MARYSE OUELLET
allo guys i wont be going physical for awhile, im getting abdominal hernia surgery.

Good, cause she's awful in the ring anyway.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Even though Punk's return was a bit rushed it can be salvaged a bit by him retaining at SummerSlam and then introducing a spanking new championship betl.

For me, the point is they could have done something different with this whole storyline.  Instead, it's just another WWE angle.  Even if Punk beats Cena, it will just lead to a series of rematches where Cena walks out as champ in the end.  The closing segment of both guys holding up their belts with the stupid music switching really made me realize this.

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

I still think there will be a new belt.

Punk said on the podcast he was on last week that he thinks change of this magnitude needed new music and new wardrobe so why would WWE spend money for the music whatnot if they are just gonna cut this angle so soon at summerslam.

I say CM Punk wins at SS and as Undisputed champion debuts a new title the next (or next week) night on Raw.
I can't say why they would spend all the money on the music (I have no idea how much it actually costs), but I just have the gut feeling that Cena wins at Summerslam.  Punk will always be one of the top guys in the company, but he won't be the Austin 2.0 that we were hoping for.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Originally Posted by toine2983

Back when WWE still had celebrity guests hosting Raw, Jeremy Piven was the celebrity guest one week and he made a match for Summerslam but mistakenly called it "Summerfest".
Gotta love Piven and Jeong
roll.gif
This had to have gone down as one of the worst episodes of the year.  Piven had no idea about wrestling and Jeong was beyond annoying.

^^^If that was from 2009, then yes, that definitely was a terrible year in wrestling

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

WWE chose to hotshot 3-6 months worth of angles into a single two hour show. 

Rey (God knows they've dragged out Christian/Orton long enough). 

I say WWE is stupid to put him back on TV.  All of the casual fans that were talking about WWE, all of the legitimate news outlets that were covering Punk's story, all of that is gone.

Sorry for my negatively, but I've kept this bottled up all week as I never got a chance to speak on it last week.
I just got back from training and I'm NOT going to read through this thread til I'm done watching RAW. I decided to read the preview, though.

I know you said it but chill 4W. There's no perfect angle in wrestling. HHH said it best..this is good business. Running this angle 6 months? In your dreams. You already can't stand Orton/Christian and this angle would be in the same position if it ran 6 months. This thing is far from done, so let's see how it plays out.
ARG I don't understand what you people don't get.  There is no comparison to what could have been with Punk and Cena compared to what is with Orton and Christian.  Orton has beat Christian over and over and over (regardless of if Christian is champion).  And guess what, at Summerslam, Orton is going to beat Christian again.  They ran out of ideas long ago.  Christian stealing Orton's wallet to play roulette?  Christian making fun of Orton's acting?  C'mon.  This is awful.
They could have done something COMPLETELY different with Cena and Punk, and it starts with KEEPING PUNK OFF WWE TV.  How is what they are doing now good business?  So they can sell a few t-shirts?  I'll tell you what, I actually regret streaming and not buying Money in the Bank, but I have ZERO interest in buying Summerslam.  But if they would have built this storyline properly instead of rushing it through in 8 days, you can be sure as hell I would have happily spent by $50 to see Punk vs Cena down the line.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by hellaones

I went to the tna house show this past weekend. Closest I've ever been to ringside but the show was decent. Tried to get a hug from Rosita but that security guard with the mustache that was always on ecw wasn't having it.
laugh.gif
I'll try to get my brother to send me the pics he took and post them later on.

Don't even get me started on Impact from this past Thursday.  Hombre, there is no defending that garbage.
I want to hear it.

I feel this past Thursday's show was OK. It wasn't a bad show, but TNA will never seem to grasp that the crowd/audience WANT people they can cheer without reservation, without fear of them turning heel out of nowhere, without fear of them suddenly having extended losing streaks of long stretches of being deemphasized on the show.

Not saying they need a white bread face champion, but, like, look at how much the crowd loves AJ Styles and Samoa Joe...why aren't they the kings of this promotion by now? They're putting on OK shows when you could be putting on superior shows.

I'll get into more TNA %#+$ later on this week. Right now, I seriously need sleep. +!@$.

ERIC BISCHOFF WAS HELD HOSTAGE BY A GOD DAMN BIRD.
THEY HAD A LUMBERJACK STEEL CAGE MATCH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I CAN'T TAKE IT

YOU'RE PISSING ME THE HELL OFF, HOMBRE

What I'm still thinking about from last night is how Johnny Ace said Vince would have Punk as the champion.  I wonder if this was just a stupid line or actually part of something bigger, because it really didn't make sense unless they are having Vince come back with Punk.

Damn didn't get a chance to peep Raw yet, all this negative feedback is making me think the angle has tanked....officially.

It would have been best for the E to not have Punk speak so that it would leave the fans to wonder is he or isn't he a part of the E.
I really thought Cena would have been stripped of the title.

Oh.. Didn't know there was a new thread... Anyway, I'm really loving Punk's new theme, "Cult of Personality"! I really think it will be Punk-HHH at WrestleMania 28!

That was the worst ending to a raw I've seen in a while....Punk and Cena couldn't even keep straight faces while on the turnbuckles

RIP to this angle

everytime Punk said something to HHH whether it was about carrying bags or who's bed he slept in to burying guys each time HHH just looked at him like "so who cares they already knew that" This angle lost a lot of steam, sadly we all know some type of swerve is coming...

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Where Jack Swagger at? Does he still have a job?

He'll more than likely be on Superstars this week tapping out to Chris Masters.

They could have done something COMPLETELY different with Cena and Punk, and it starts with KEEPING PUNK OFF WWE TV.  How is what they are doing now good business?  So they can sell a few t-shirts?  I'll tell you what, I actually regret streaming and not buying Money in the Bank, but I have ZERO interest in buying Summerslam.  But if they would have built this storyline properly instead of rushing it through in 8 days, you can be sure as hell I would have happily spent by $50 to see Punk vs Cena down the line.
tumblr_lpavkxfI191qb3y5eo1_400.gif

THEY ARE ALREADY DOING SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Stop with that whole "Oh, they should have done this this and that." Please, this angle is going to be way bigger than we can imagine. The WWE is making moves. There can't be explosive programming every week. The WWE never had explosive programming EVERY FREAKING WEEK. Not in ANY era.

You don't have any interest in Summerfest yet, and that's fine. But a whole hell of a lot of people do. You know why? Because not everyone is a Punk mark. And the other side of the fence wants to see Cena get that title back from Punk. Indy proved that last night. This goes much further than selling a few t-shirts. It's about cementing CM Punk for the long haul. Which is what everyone wants. You're just mad because the WWE is doing it in a different way than you would have done it.

Why do people consider it a bad thing when they go with the logical, albeit slightly predictable, choice? I was half expecting the unification match to be made tonight or something. (though I also thought that if it did, shenanigans would ensue, which unfortunately didn't happen.) Regardless, the booking is making sense.

What else could be done apart from a unification match for the title? Obviously some still find it a bit annoying that Punk returned so early thus crying the angle is "ruined".But this angle is FAR from over. Give me a break. How can I tell?

Because this happened tonight.

15h08z6.jpg

Yes, that's Colt Cabanna. He was supposedly at RAW last night as well.

At least wait until Summerfest before you @*++% about everything sucking. This thing is going to run for a long time. Let's see how it plays out.

BTW for the record.

Skinny fat is an actual term bodybuilders use to describe certain body types..ectomorphs, endomorphs, "skinny fat" is someone who appears slim but carries a slight gut/fat in certain areas.

I thought it was a huge jab because Punk has been known to be self conscious about his image.

VIA his LiveJournal

I'm 26 years old. I didn't start working out until I was 17 or 18 and I only started working out because I was getting into the wrestling business. It's taken TONS of hard work to get where I am today, and i'm lieterally still learning and maturning in the gym. I weigh a whopping 212 pounds, and can be freaquently heard mumbling, "i'm fat" while doing at least an hour of cardio a day. I think I look like #+#!. I think I certainly don't look like somebody who is all gassed up.

I agree with hombreloco. I have total faith that things are STILL going to change.

I expect Punk to go over Cena at Summerfest which leads to a Team Punk (KoWs, Colt) vs. Team Cena (Mysterio and other superstars that are already "over") at Survivor Series.

I really hope they give away Punk vs. Triple H at the Royal Rumble because Austin REALLY needs to come out of retirement to have one final match against CM Punk at Wrestlemania.

Ayo GHIMS, what're the chances that Joker Sting will face a Batman Undertaker at WM to coincide with The Dark Knight Rises advertising blitz?
Throw them chicken bones and get at me, k thnx bai.

Back
Top Bottom