Wrestling Thread Aug 12-25 | 8/19 RAW -SS Fallout- Bryan d Cena, Orton Corp Champ, Brock Kills Punk

He says I'm an oddity since im a knowledgeable wrestling fan who knows absolutely nothing about an entire decade. Our next match we watch is going to be a tlc tag match from wrestlemania 17.
I know some of you guys have favorite matches you feel I need to see.

Last edited:
sounds a bit like me. after wrestlemania 19 i think the last thing i watched was lesnar vs big show in that stretcher match. then i just picked it back up a little after the royal rumble this year.

right after the TLC match you absolutely have to watch the rock vs stone cold from the same wrestlemania.

sounds a bit like me. after wrestlemania 19 i think the last thing i watched was lesnar vs big show in that stretcher match. then i just picked it back up a little after the royal rumble this year.

right after the TLC match you absolutely have to watch the rock vs stone cold from the same wrestlemania.
That rock stone cold match is on our list. He actually brought it up during the match we watched tonight.

In recent memory, Cena vs Punk at MITB 2011 is probably the most significant match in the PG era

yes it is. and with that money in the bank should replace survivor series as the 4th big ppv imo.
Idk about replacing Survivor Series but it definitely needs to be marketed as a "major" PPV considering it basically dictates the two next world champions as well as storylines for the coming year

yes it is. and with that money in the bank should replace survivor series as the 4th big ppv imo.

Survivor Series isn't meaningful to me anymore since they no longer follow the original format..And MITB is really good, but not one of the Big 4, IMO..

F both them..MAKE THIS THE #2 PPV on the E's calendar..

We recorded our first episode tonight with the 6 man hell in a cell from armageddon 2000 and we'll be going on from there. Any suggestions for matches we should do?

Eddie vs Brock (No Way Out 04), Benoit/HHH/HBK (WM XX), Edge vs Jeff Hardy (Extreme Rules 2009), Rock vs Brock (Summerslam 02), Benoit vs Orton (Summerslam 04), Edge vs Kurt Angle (Backlash 02), JBL vs Eddie (Great American Bash 04), HBK vs Shelton Benjamin (Raw 2005), Mysterio/Edge vs Angle/Benoit (No Mercy 2002), Batista vs Cena (WM 26).

Those are just random off my head. Either they were landmark moments for guys' careers, changed the course of how other things went, or were just really good matches overall. Some of them (really the Edge/Angle and HBK/Shelton ones) are mostly notable for what ifs or what could have-beens (Shelton's chance to move up, Edge starting his ascent sooner had his injury not happened)

Pretty awesome idea btw

Last edited:
bring in luke gallows and joey mercury as the new paul heyman guys. problem solved. punk going against his best friend and his disciple would make things personal and emotional and keep him busy until the RR. even have heyman bring in punks real parents (actors maybe?) into the mix. i think punk's a good enough actor to fake cry and show drama. punk vs heyman could reach eddie guerrero/ rey mysterio/dominic level if they continue to add parts to it. 

I hate every single idea you presented there.

Back to the drawing board...

Survivor Series isn't meaningful to me anymore since they no longer follow the original format..And MITB is really good, but not one of the Big 4, IMO..

F both them..MAKE THIS THE #2 PPV on the E's calendar..

Oh man, I have the urge to watch war games now lol. Uncensored should be brought back as well with the triple cage match. That would such a dope match to watch growing up.

Serious question; why is everyone so pressed for warrior to go in? He was never amazing in the ring or on the mic. Gimmick of running down and his "look" were cool, but that's where it ends

Serious question; why is everyone so pressed for warrior to go in? He was never amazing in the ring or on the mic. Gimmick of running down and his "look" were cool, but that's where it ends

You can't tell me as a kid you didn't get a rush when the Warriors music came in and he full out sprintrd to the ring.

Warrior burying Trips at WM12 :smokin :smokin

Warrior = One of the all time greatest superstars. He was never a good wrestler and his promos were odd but he had the crowd in the palm of his hands.

- While John Cena is telling people his target for a return to the ring is WrestleMania XXX, within WWE privately people are talking about him returning at the Royal Rumble. That would be just under 5 months after the surgery, which would be pushing it slightly.

- It appears that at least for right now, WWE is going with the assumption that The Rock won’t be back next year as a short-term character as he has been for the past three years.

According to information given to a major licensee this past week, they were told not to produce any merchandise involving The Rock. They were told he could be used as far as a group shot of Superstars goes but not to produce anything specific because he was not going to be featured until 2015.

This was taken as a sign that The Rock is not going to do WrestleMania XXX. We still don’t know if Rock has said this or not to WWE officials. It could be that an assumption was made over the call to not merchandise him individually.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Here’s the rumored card for WWE’s Night of Champions pay-per-view:

* Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Title

* Rob Van Dam with Ricardo Rodriguez vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title

* Big Show and Mark Henry vs. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns for the Tag Team Titles

* CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental Title

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose for the United States Title

* One of the Total Divas vs. AJ Lee for the Divas Title

* The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose for the United States Title

* One of the Total Divas vs. AJ Lee for the Divas Title
Hope it is Natalya vs. AJ. Could be a solid match. Not as good as a Gail Kim and Tarren Terrell match but good nonetheless.

Dean vs Dolphin :smokin

Hope it is Natalya vs. AJ. Could be a solid match. Not as good as a Gail Kim and Tarren Terrell match but good nonetheless.

Dean vs Dolphin
smokin.gif
never ever want to see natalya vs aj match ever again

Warrior = One of the all time greatest superstars. He was never a good wrestler and his promos were odd but he had the crowd in the palm of his hands.
yep. koko b ware is a hof and hes pretty much a glorified jobber. wwe hof isn't 100% legitimate, its a WWE business venture. $$$ matters, and warrior would sell out the arena, even if a lot of wrestlers despise the guy. 

:smh: Seems so long ago when we thought he was going to be the next GREAT one. (Mistico = Sin Care-Uh)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom