Wrestling Thread Aug 15-21 | 8/15 Raw - ADR Fulfills His Destiny as WWE Champ | SS Contest Results!

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

I see somebody up there talkin bout a Orton vs Undertaker 2 I would love that matter fact I need that in my mind I think Randy Is the only one that can end the great immortal streak get it done

5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpeg

20-0 or Stay retired!!!

aight
laugh.gif
roll.gif
ohwell.gif
, on another note CM Punk vs HHH yall think that might out shine Stone Cold vs Vince?
matter fact like said before i cant wait till Randy comes back to Raw
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

The Young Bucks, known in TNA as Generation Me, received a tryout match yesterday before RAW. The two worked several matches for WWE producers (agents).
If they can get GenMe and Beer Money, WWE should send TNA a fruit basket with a nice note saying "Thanks for helping us save our tag division. We couldn't have done it without you!" "PS When's AJ Styles contract up?"

Don't forget the Kings of Wrestling... they need 4-5 legit teams and then they can take some mid-carders together ... I like Kofi/Bourne and the couple formerly known as Nexus have improved since they've been champs...

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

The Young Bucks, known in TNA as Generation Me, received a tryout match yesterday before RAW. The two worked several matches for WWE producers (agents).
If they can get GenMe and Beer Money, WWE should send TNA a fruit basket with a nice note saying "Thanks for helping us save our tag division. We couldn't have done it without you!" "PS When's AJ Styles contract up?"
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i've wanted them in wwe for so long now, specifically Roode. think they would be over huge.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i've wanted them in wwe for so long now, specifically Roode. think they would be over huge.[/color]

I love their name and gimmick but the WWE may have to change it when they get there. I really hope they get pushed the right way if they make it.

that HAS to happen. but i have a bad feeling they would use him like Kofi Kingston.

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

ROODE WILL SHINE IN THE WWE.
THIS 
and AJ will never go to the wwe 
frown.gif
 he's been given  a contract before but turn them down 

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Is it Cena or management who refuse to let him lose clean? When is the last time Cena lost a match clean? They did nothing with the foot on the rope angle, it was just so Cena didn't have to lose clean. Makes me so angry how protected his character/ego/image is.

Almost positive it's management.  For whatever reason, they feel like Cena or Orton losing clean is unacceptable and will damage their characters.  When in reality, Cena could lose clean in 10 straight matches and still be in the same exact spot on the card.  Cena is a 100% company man.  He does what he is told and doesn't question it.  In this case, he wins and if he does lose, it's never clean.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

So Cena just throws himself into the middle of the title picture yet again? That was probably the worst rant I've ever heard from him. $*!%

For once his delivery was actually good.  It was just that the content was stupid.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I just finished reading The Death of WCW, in since I read 4wrestlings retort on Nash and wanted more background, as I refused for years to read about anything WCW cause it was all negative. That non withstanding I get the feeling that this Punk tirade or Pipe bombs is a lot like something Rusco would book. Only the internet would get a vinny vegas reference, and most of the kids watching either have no clue as to who Nash is, what HHH was or even as young as the audience is that WWE targets now who Steph is interms of her past.
The sad part is that you can sell a million NWO DVD's and 10% of the audience that is now WWE's core will watch it. 5% would make a Kliq connection. That is not to undermind the fact that WWE provided enough backstory to leave the people guessing and help get the storyline over its more so to point out that RAW is becoming a better version of WCW. It isnt to say that Punk doesnt have a strong fan base whom will root for him Face, Heel, or tweener its to say that Punk cannot rely on references that go over the majority of fans heads. Eventually everything will have to come back to earth. You arent going to see numbers with Promo's that are worked shoots, they make for better TV, but when half the fans are clueless it has no shot of drawing more money.
Promos made for the IWC are useless to everyone but the IWC, and thats not a knock on the IWC and its presance, more a sheer numbers game. That means you cannot build Nash from 1994, and have the main guy your pushing make a 1992 reference. Then Piping in a bunch of OOOh's and OH's.
 Aside from the fact that these references are not reaching your core, you cannot push a guy to the moon who's promos have become the equivlant interms of repetition of Hulk Hogan's pose downs to end Nitro in 96. You cannot have a guy who at best is your 8th best character appearing on TV in a World title feud and not build him up. And if you have any hope of Cena's Mania match generating more long term money he cannot go into Mania a super baby face. Those are just Raw's problems. Orton seems to have free reign over Smackdown, if your going to have Orton as a face why isnt Sheamus next in line as the top heel? Why am I forced to face the thought of a 2 star match with Henry, if Sheamus could be the same transitional feud, deliver better matches, and make Orton a Tweener again. Whats the point in taking your ideal number 2 face on Smackdown and turning him CM Punk style heel, writing the same plot 2 times for 2 different shows only to say look we need another pure face here Sheamus go attack the laughable heel at best in Henry.

Very WCW esque if you ask me.
Kane.....
Bill is talking about wrestling again, and he is prob the Sting Alternative, but I dont like it enough to say thats what I would like to see Taker retire with. HHH pt 3 is something I'm not looking forward to either though.
this hurt my head to read.

Ziggler is the man. Great on commentary tonight.

That was one of the worst segments in a long time.  The commentary as a whole was terrible tonight.  Cole (Vince) and Lawler go into business for themselves while JR is forced to sit there and take insult after insult.  JR is barely allowed to speak.  I was excited when JR came back, but instead, the announcing situation has gotten worse because it just allows Cole to be even more ignorant on the mic.
The entire thing with Ziggler, Vickie, Cole, and Lawler all insulting each other and paying zero attention to the match just felt so uncomfortable and does NOTHING to help get the product over.  When crap like this is going on, it basically tells you the guys in the ring suck and there is no reason to pay attention to them.

The same exact thing happened in the tag match with Cole burying Bourne and Lawler telling the world how bland and boring Otunga/McGuillicutty are.  Regardless of if the guys suck or not, your announcers should never be telling the audience this.  The goal of an announcer is to get the talent over.  Not help to bury them.  Even heel announcers get talent over.  WWE's announcing situation is in a really bad spot right now.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

what do you guys think about a goldberg vs undertaker match at wrestlemania? yay or nay?

nay
Goldberg will not be over with today's WWE crowd.  Plus, if they were going to bring him back, it would have been last year in Atlanta.

WWE is currently seeking tag teams to push their tag division; thus Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross discussing how tag team champions Otunga and McGuillicutty needed some new competition last night on Raw during their match.

Several other California talents got tryouts as well, including Scorpio Sky of WSX
GenMe has NO chance of ever getting any type of push in WWE.  They're way too small.  They look like they're 12.  And they're a tag team.  They would be gone in less than 12 months.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Originally Posted by im that one

I love their name and gimmick but the WWE may have to change it when they get there. I really hope they get pushed the right way if they make it.

They'll be managed by Keith Stone.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

That was one of the worst segments in a long time.  The commentary as a whole was terrible tonight. 

Ziggler kept trying to re-focus attention to the action. Blame, Cole, King, and Vickie for their antics. I Ziggler saved the segment with his puns.

Commentary is always going to be the %!$#% in this era. Does it suck? Yeah. What are we going to do about it though?

If you want GREAT commentary watch matches with by far he best guest commentator..Barrett (Who ALWAYS points out things going on in the match) and Ziggler. Also, Regal on NXT has been money as of late.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

that HAS to happen. but i have a bad feeling they would use him like Kofi Kingston.

C'mon, you think AJ would ever get a shot in WWE?  Not gonna happen.  Not only is he small, but he's a TNA creation.  We've seen how TNA guys have fared in WWE.  Even Christian, he was exiled for years before his recent push.

That was one of the worst segments in a long time.  The commentary as a whole was terrible tonight. 

Ziggler kept trying to re-focus attention to the action. Blame, Cole, King, and Vickie for their antics. I Ziggler saved the segment with his puns.

Commentary is always going to be the %!$#% in this era. Does it suck? Yeah. What are we going to do about it though?

If you want GREAT commentary watch matches with by far he best guest commentator..Barrett (Who ALWAYS points out things going on in the match) and Ziggler. Also, Regal on NXT has been money as of late.
King is great best one liners

Ziggler was good.  Not blaming him.
What are we going to do about the +%*%%% commentary?  Watch ratings and buyrates keep dropping.  I will guarantee you Raw will not have my 100% attention this year once MNF is back.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I just finished reading The Death of WCW, in since I read 4wrestlings retort on Nash and wanted more background, as I refused for years to read about anything WCW cause it was all negative. That non withstanding I get the feeling that this Punk tirade or Pipe bombs is a lot like something Rusco would book. Only the internet would get a vinny vegas reference, and most of the kids watching either have no clue as to who Nash is, what HHH was or even as young as the audience is that WWE targets now who Steph is interms of her past.
The sad part is that you can sell a million NWO DVD's and 10% of the audience that is now WWE's core will watch it. 5% would make a Kliq connection. That is not to undermind the fact that WWE provided enough backstory to leave the people guessing and help get the storyline over its more so to point out that RAW is becoming a better version of WCW. It isnt to say that Punk doesnt have a strong fan base whom will root for him Face, Heel, or tweener its to say that Punk cannot rely on references that go over the majority of fans heads. Eventually everything will have to come back to earth. You arent going to see numbers with Promo's that are worked shoots, they make for better TV, but when half the fans are clueless it has no shot of drawing more money.
Promos made for the IWC are useless to everyone but the IWC, and thats not a knock on the IWC and its presance, more a sheer numbers game. That means you cannot build Nash from 1994, and have the main guy your pushing make a 1992 reference. Then Piping in a bunch of OOOh's and OH's.
 Aside from the fact that these references are not reaching your core, you cannot push a guy to the moon who's promos have become the equivlant interms of repetition of Hulk Hogan's pose downs to end Nitro in 96. You cannot have a guy who at best is your 8th best character appearing on TV in a World title feud and not build him up. And if you have any hope of Cena's Mania match generating more long term money he cannot go into Mania a super baby face. Those are just Raw's problems. Orton seems to have free reign over Smackdown, if your going to have Orton as a face why isnt Sheamus next in line as the top heel? Why am I forced to face the thought of a 2 star match with Henry, if Sheamus could be the same transitional feud, deliver better matches, and make Orton a Tweener again. Whats the point in taking your ideal number 2 face on Smackdown and turning him CM Punk style heel, writing the same plot 2 times for 2 different shows only to say look we need another pure face here Sheamus go attack the laughable heel at best in Henry.

Very WCW esque if you ask me.
Kane.....
Bill is talking about wrestling again, and he is prob the Sting Alternative, but I dont like it enough to say thats what I would like to see Taker retire with. HHH pt 3 is something I'm not looking forward to either though.

I tried reading your post, but the wall of text and multiple thoughts running together makes it difficult.  Use the enter key a few times to space things out 
wink.gif

That said, I do have to partially agree with you around the insider booking (ala Vince Russo).  I disagree about HHH and Stephanie because WWE has brought this up plenty of times over the years that basically everyone knows they are married and have power within WWE.  However, while most of us here though last night's Punk/Nash confrontation was awesome, how much of the total WWE audience actually had any clue what they were talking about?  Guaranteed contracts, vanilla midgets, Vinny Vegas, Oz, and the list goes on.  These insider references go right over 90% of the audience's head and causes them to lose interest.  We've seen how great these deals work in TNA....  The reason Punk's original "shoot" promo got over so well was because while he threw in a few insider references (New Japan, Colt Cabana), they were general enough that non-internet fans could understand them.  Last night was nothing but references to things from 15 years ago and backstage politics.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

King is great best one liners

Maybe in 1997.  His act is so old to me.  You're a 60 year old man.  You don't need to act like a 12 year old every time a hot chick comes out.  And I don't have a better way to describe it other than he acts much more like a mark fan than a color commentator with his announcing.  He brings nothing intelligent to the broadcast.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Any possibility to CM Punk trying to take down the Undertaker's undefeated streak at WM?

I mean, anything is possible at this point because WWE changes their direction 10 times a day, but I don't see it.
Granted, everyone is thinking Punk vs HHH at Mania, but I would be amazed if they could keep this storyline going that long.  So maybe Punk will need a big name to face at Mania.

Back
Top Bottom