Wrestling Thread Nov 22-28 | 11/26 Smackdown - King of the Ring Qualifying Continues

Does anyone know where I could watch past Raws from the Monday Night War?  I noticed comcast is showing some episodes in the wwe classics section, but it's not really worth ordering it since I'm only home for thanksgiving break and can't watch it when I go back to school
nerd.gif

Does anyone know where I could watch past Raws from the Monday Night War?  I noticed comcast is showing some episodes in the wwe classics section, but it's not really worth ordering it since I'm only home for thanksgiving break and can't watch it when I go back to school
nerd.gif

- As noted before, WWE is planning to have John Cena appear on RAW, billed as his Mexican cousin "Juan Cena."

The plan as of this week was for Cena to continue working RAW live events and TV tapings under the Juan gimmick. The idea is that Cena will wrestle under a mask and continue the feud with Wade Barrett, until Barrett lets "John" return.

WWE officials are worried that ratings will tank without Cena on TV.
- While Brock Lesnar most likely will not have a role at WrestleMania 27, those in WWE were really hoping it would happen and it was more than just a fantasy.

Vince McMahon had been invested in the idea since mid-October. Vince knew ahead of time about everything that went down with Lesnar and Undertaker at the UFC pay-per-view. The number of people within WWE who knew about it before it happened is very small.

Vince realizes that it will be hard to do a good number or WrestleMania next year just relying on their current roster. Including the Lesnar idea, Vince has pursued three major out-of-the-box ideas for WrestleMania. The other two ideas, while known to some, have not been reported yet.

At this point, WWE is heavily looking at bringing in people who are not in the wrestling business for WrestleMania 27 and are wanting to headline the show with an "outsider" angle.

- There has been a lot of second-guessing on decision making in WWE lately regarding what's done on pay-per-views vs. TV shows.

- As noted before, WWE creative writer Christopher DeJoseph was let go by the company last week. His dismissal is seen by some in WWE as a warning shot to SmackDown head writer Michael Hayes, since the two were close friends.

- There has been talk of putting SmackDown stars Curt Hawkins and Trent Baretta together as a tag team. Their respective partners, Vance Archer and Caylen Croft, were fired by WWE last week.

- As noted earlier this week, Irv Mushnick reported that WWE agent Dean Malenko recently suffered a heart attack. The rumor had been going around for a few weeks but people were denying it, leaving some to believe that WWE was covering it up.

- The latest on season 4 of WWE NXT is that it will feature all male wrestlers and will continue to be aired on WWE’s website.

- As noted before, WWE is planning to have John Cena appear on RAW, billed as his Mexican cousin "Juan Cena."

The plan as of this week was for Cena to continue working RAW live events and TV tapings under the Juan gimmick. The idea is that Cena will wrestle under a mask and continue the feud with Wade Barrett, until Barrett lets "John" return.

WWE officials are worried that ratings will tank without Cena on TV.
- While Brock Lesnar most likely will not have a role at WrestleMania 27, those in WWE were really hoping it would happen and it was more than just a fantasy.

Vince McMahon had been invested in the idea since mid-October. Vince knew ahead of time about everything that went down with Lesnar and Undertaker at the UFC pay-per-view. The number of people within WWE who knew about it before it happened is very small.

Vince realizes that it will be hard to do a good number or WrestleMania next year just relying on their current roster. Including the Lesnar idea, Vince has pursued three major out-of-the-box ideas for WrestleMania. The other two ideas, while known to some, have not been reported yet.

At this point, WWE is heavily looking at bringing in people who are not in the wrestling business for WrestleMania 27 and are wanting to headline the show with an "outsider" angle.

- There has been a lot of second-guessing on decision making in WWE lately regarding what's done on pay-per-views vs. TV shows.

- As noted before, WWE creative writer Christopher DeJoseph was let go by the company last week. His dismissal is seen by some in WWE as a warning shot to SmackDown head writer Michael Hayes, since the two were close friends.

- There has been talk of putting SmackDown stars Curt Hawkins and Trent Baretta together as a tag team. Their respective partners, Vance Archer and Caylen Croft, were fired by WWE last week.

- As noted earlier this week, Irv Mushnick reported that WWE agent Dean Malenko recently suffered a heart attack. The rumor had been going around for a few weeks but people were denying it, leaving some to believe that WWE was covering it up.

- The latest on season 4 of WWE NXT is that it will feature all male wrestlers and will continue to be aired on WWE’s website.

as if the title wasnt worthless enough as it is... they really need to stop the whole money in the bank garbage... so the miz cannot win the title without facing an opponent that has already had a match? dumb. and its not just this title win. EVERY money in the bank winner does the same @%*+. cheapens the title wins.

as if the title wasnt worthless enough as it is... they really need to stop the whole money in the bank garbage... so the miz cannot win the title without facing an opponent that has already had a match? dumb. and its not just this title win. EVERY money in the bank winner does the same @%*+. cheapens the title wins.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

I feel you... that's the one thing I really dislike about MITB.  Even the one opportunity they had to make it legit (RVD), they had to have outside interference b/c no one beats Juan Cena clean.

I feel you... that's the one thing I really dislike about MITB.  Even the one opportunity they had to make it legit (RVD), they had to have outside interference b/c no one beats Juan Cena clean.

who's going to be the brave one and apply to join Tough Enough??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

who's going to be the brave one and apply to join Tough Enough??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The Rock's first WWF title win was worthless, didn't hurt his career.  Kayfabe Montreal Screw Job @ 1998 Survivor Series.

The Rock's first WWF title win was worthless, didn't hurt his career.  Kayfabe Montreal Screw Job @ 1998 Survivor Series.

I think it's good to see the Miz as champ. It's a change from seeing the same flip flop between Cena and Orton that we've seen for a long time (and a few random guys like Seamus every now and then). Hopefully the WWE keeps the title with Miz a while or at least they push other guys like Cody Rhodes, Ezekiel Jackson, Evan Bourne and other young up and coming stars.

I think it's good to see the Miz as champ. It's a change from seeing the same flip flop between Cena and Orton that we've seen for a long time (and a few random guys like Seamus every now and then). Hopefully the WWE keeps the title with Miz a while or at least they push other guys like Cody Rhodes, Ezekiel Jackson, Evan Bourne and other young up and coming stars.

Juan cena seems like its gonna be like Mr America was with hulk hogan wearing a mask and clearly having all the same mannerisms as he did before but dude was steady denying it was him, pure comedy.
laugh.gif

Juan cena seems like its gonna be like Mr America was with hulk hogan wearing a mask and clearly having all the same mannerisms as he did before but dude was steady denying it was him, pure comedy.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom