Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No new threads

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
mother of ****, the Invasion.

I honestly feel you can draw a direct line between that fizzling out and the decline of the sport in popular culture.

you COULD NOT have ****ed that up worse.

The invasion story line was THE BIGGEST flop in Wrestling history. Vince was so hell bent on burying all the wcw talent he didn't care. It was his victory lap

A collosal failure. It's definitely a direct correlation to the decline of wrestling in the mainstream. Vince was overconfident about buying out WCW thinking their fans would automatically watch the WWF full time. Boy was he wrong wrong :lol: the way WCW (and ECW) wrestlers were treated throughout that storyline was only further insult to the fans. Add in the Rock's movie career in gear and Austin on the decline, you have fans turning away constantly til they're completely out of wrestling, or have a general disinterest in the product.

A collosal failure. It's definitely a direct correlation to the decline of wrestling in the mainstream. Vince was overconfident about buying out WCW thinking their fans would automatically watch the WWF full time. Boy was he wrong wrong :lol: the way WCW (and ECW) wrestlers were treated throughout that storyline was only further insult to the fans. Add in the Rock's movie career in gear and Austin on the decline, you have fans turning away constantly til they're completely out of wrestling, or have a general disinterest in the product.

it should be shown in business classes as an example of shortsightedness after a merger...it took RVD--Rob Van Dam--5 years to get a title shot. 5 years.

I will say I never put the Invasion flop, the "WWF" loss, the Rock's departure and Stone Cold's stormout (which was EXACTLY what CM Punk did coughcough) in the same direct thought process...in a 2-year period, you lost your two biggest stars, you biggest rival, and THE NAME OF THE FEDERATION.

damn.

Dude is so athletic

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Off the top of my head, my biggest letdown match was Booker T vs. Triple H at Mania.

The blatant racism in the buildup to that match was off putting to the say the least.

I figured that buildup would make Booker winning the title at Mania that much sweeter but I forget that Triple H was at the apex of his shoveling powers. :smh:

Off the top of my head, my biggest letdown match was Booker T vs. Triple H at Mania.

The blatant racism in the buildup to that match was off putting to the say the least.

I figured that buildup would make Booker winning the title at Mania that much sweeter but I forget that Triple H was at the apex of his shoveling powers. :smh:

I've heard you guys talk about that feud so much, but I've never seen any of it..Sounds like I missed out on a classic burial..

Reposting this gem for the uninitiated

And also because dailymotion acts stupid sometimes and won't allow me to watch videos on their site so I have to embed them here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom