WWE Survivor Series PPV 11/22 - Cena vs HHH vs HBK | Undertaker vs Jericho vs Big Show (p11)

Originally Posted by throwback1718

aint triple h like 42 years old?

why is shawn michaels wrestling? why are all these guys so old? aside from cena.

why is cena being boo'ed? aint he a good guy?
Im sorry if im annoying but so many things dont make sense
Nobody over 11 likes Cena.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Cena

Yes Taker
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

aint triple h like 42 years old?

why is shawn michaels wrestling? why are all these guys so old? aside from cena.

why is cena being boo'ed? aint he a good guy?
Im sorry if im annoying but so many things dont make sense
These guys are still in the main event because the WWE doesn't create new stars.

Cena gets booed because no one can stand his act.

Michaels can still go better than 90% of the talent in the WWE.

I'm shocked HHH got pinned. Looks like he's taking the title on Sunday.

Taker looked to be in a lot of pain after that match.

laugh.gif
@ HBK having to yell "Show" for the music.

Entertaining raw, what with Piper, Santino, HHH pedigreeing the midge, Vince's 2face suit, Kofi botch to table spot, and Taker.

I'll see you DSK on MW2 tonight
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
wrestling Kills me everytime I watch it.

That ending was so weak. how the hell triple h lose to an "attitude adjustment" that aint nothin but a modified body slam...
only wack wrestlers supposed to lose to that...

now the F5 i understand.... you can die from that.
laugh.gif

it was so typical of the team mate to turn against his partner.

again my apologies... still so many questions and so little answers.

Good show, but not as a ss go home show. If they went to 6 ppvs the quality would get better instantly. And taker did look like he was in pain. And why do youhate the taker 4w? Legit question

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'll see you DSK on MW2 tonight
pimp.gif
You're killin' me Nino.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

That ending was so weak. how the hell triple h lose to an "attitude adjustment" that aint nothin but a modified body slam...

laugh.gif
I agree, F5 > "attitude adjustment"...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Undertaker has reverted back to "The Deadman" for pretty much 6+ years now. Like 4wrestling said, most of these old guys are here because WWEdoesn't give the younger talent a chance to main event (however that "Jamaican Cat" you referred to earlier may be the exception).

Chris Jericho is wearing briefs now because when he turned heel, he claimed the old Chris Jericho is dead and he was tired of pleasing the parasites andhypocrites (fans) so he changed his entire look/attitude.

The "Attitude Adjustment" is John Cena's finisher, funny you mentioned F-5, cause Cena used to call it the F-U to mock Brock Lesnar (who he wasfueding with at the time). But recently the WWE has gone to a TV-PG rating so things like F-U are now the "Attitude Adjustment"

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

had me
roll.gif
for some reason

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Good show, but not as a ss go home show. If they went to 6 ppvs the quality would get better instantly. And taker did look like he was in pain. And why do you hate the taker 4w? Legit question
I have no hate for The Undertaker. I respect him more than anyone in the WWE. But I do think he did the wrong thing with CM Punk. Regardless ofif it was no his official decision or not, he should have spoken up and done what was right for business.

yea but speaking up to vince is talking to a brick wall. As much pull as he may have, vkm`s mind changes between now and when you read it, so for all we know,taker thout he was taking the loss 15 minutes before the match. And he is a guy that has historicly put guys over. Besides if punk was in the dog house, whatface on sd is capable of being a legit champ right now? Maybe morrison, maybe. Him and punk did have a fantatstic feud on ecw thou

Captain Charisma, good to see you postin' in here again.

Speaking about dudes that went MIA...where's my guy KingofIlladelph?
nerd.gif
Him and his "If I could be serious fora moment" posts are missed...

Without further adu...

News & Notes

What Batista thinks of his heel turn.

- Batista has told people he's felt "rejuvenated" since his heel turn on Smackdown. He had been pushing for a heel turn for months since he returned from his latest injury. It's something he's actually been pushing for for years, but finally was given a chance to run with.

Miz and Jack Swagger to team up?

- The Miz and Jack Swagger angle is reportedly to lead to the two teaming up, possibly with a heel Eve as their manager.

Injury update on Rey Mysterio.

Rey Mysterio has a knee injury right now, and is expected to take time off soon. This may cause the program with Batista to be rushed.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So there might be an injury angle at Survivor Series.[/color]

Rey Mysterio checked into rehab last year.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Rey Mysterio reveals in his newly released autobiography, Rey Mysterio: Behind the Mask, that he checked himself into a drug rehabilitation center last year as a result of a persistent issue with legal pain medication. It was due to lingering problems he had with his biceps last year.

If you recall, Mysterio suffered a biceps injury during an overseas tour in February and underwent three surgeries within the space of a month to correct the problem.
[/font]

When will Ted DiBiase turn face?

- The Ted DiBiase face turn has been given as much build as it has because officials are worried about his turn falling flat due to him not being very over as a heel in the first place. They've stalled the planned turn angle a few times now to prolong it and add to the build. Cody Rhodes, on the other hand, has made leaps and bounds in being over with the right people lately due to his increased intensity and in-ring work, after falling out of favoritism with many a few months ago due to lack of both.

Latest update on the possible WWE channel.

The Los Angeles Times ran an article today reporting that the announcement of the USA Network renewing their deal with WWE for Monday Night Raw could foreshadow a bigger deal. The publication speculates that NBC Universal might be a potential partner for the new cable network that Vince McMahon wants to start wihtin the next 18 months.

The Los Angeles Times mentions how NBC Universal was partners with WWE for the XFL and NBC Universal sports chief %%$* Ebersol has a long relationship with Vince McMahon.

There have been "very preliminary chats" between WWE and NBC Universal about working together on the WWE network. Universal HD, owned by NBC Universal, is a channel that may fit the bill. The network is only available in 55 million homes, but the inclusion of WWE programming could quickly change that. Furthermore, Comcast is closing in on taking control of NBC Universal, which would bode well for WWE as Comcast has cable systems reaching almost 25% of the country.

Click here for coverage by the Los Angeles Times.

TNA wrestlers' reaction to Hogan and Bischoff.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The news of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff is being greeted with a "wait and see" attitude from within TNA. The expectations from those within the industry is ranging from a short-term deal all the way to an ownership stake of TNA.

At one point Hogan and Bischoff were seeking a stake in ownership during a previous negotiating stint with the company, however TNA turned that idea down.

There is a wide range of emotions amongst the wrestlers in the company about the news. More than one wrestler has expressed fear that TNA would become all about Hogan and friends, such as Brutus Beefcake and The Nasty Boys. However, others have expressed optimism that the duo of Hogan and Bischoff could open new doors in the business world for the company. Some wrestlers were excited by the possibility of working with Hogan in the ring, even if it means putting him over.

The biggest fear with most of the wrestlers in TNA is that the company will become like WCW, in that older wrestlers receive almost all of the spotlight. It's been described as a "roller coaster" for the TNA roster by one source, since it felt like they were finally getting their chance to shine when Vince Russo was put in charge of creative and he made it clear he was going through with his youth movement. So far movement is being labeled a success within the company, as Russo has pushed the three names Dixie Carter gave him (AJ Styles, Matt Morgan and Hernandez) to create into new marquee names.
[/font]

Some TNA officials worried about Hogan deal.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hulk Hogan already has some of the higher-ups in TNA worried as he apparently seemed hard-pressed to even mention the organization during his media blitz promoting his book last week.

While the wrestling legend put over TNA here and there, the feeling is he treated the organization as an afterthought when appearing on such highly visible shows as Larry King Live and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
[/font]

WWE's reaction to Hogan and Bischoff.

Everyone in WWE is talking about Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff going to TNA, but no one is really concerned about it at this point. "Hogan single handedly isn't going to turn around the company right this moment. "It'd be his ability to get guys when their contracts are up that is more concerning down the line," one writer said.

Hogan will be wrestling a few matches for the company. There are even rumblings that he is working on bringing Ric Flair aboard in some capacity. Flair and Hogan have become close friends again recently, so it doesn't seem as far fetched as it sounds. Flair would completely burn his WWE bridge (or as much as you could burn a bridge in wrestling) if he worked matches in the U.S. since his WWE retirement, but especially if it were for TNA.

Shane McMahon meets with UFC; backstage news on his departure.

It has been confirmed that Shane McMahon had a meeting at the UFC/Zuffa offices around a week ago.

When asked about this, UFC President Dana White said "no comment."

McMahon, who was Executive Vice President of Global Media for WWE, will be leaving WWE effective January 1, 2010.

-[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regarding discussion of Shane McMahon parting ways with World Wrestling Entertainment, his looming departure from the company has become the new "Randy Savage talk" backstage. By that, it means it's a touchy subject to be broached with Vince McMahon at one's own peril.

The WWE chairman is none to pleased with his son's recent resignation. Vince formally addressed Shane's departure from the company during this morning's conference call with investors. He said of Shane's decision to leave: "Shane has decided to pursue other opportunities in the marketplace." He also added that the strength of the company's management team is based on performance, not if an employee's last name is McMahon. "Some people perceive this to be a family business, but I do not," said Vince.
[/font]

Rowdy Roddy Piper was not the first choice to host RAW at MSG.

Just prior to the announcement that "Rowdy" Roddy Piper would be hosting next week's RAW from Madison Square Garden came a report that WWE was hoping to secure a NBC television personality for the gig.

While the story did not elaborate on the identity of said personality, speculation suggests it was Jimmy Fallon. Fallon was named as a likely RAW emcee in a late-summer Variety article touting WWE's weekly "host" gimmick. He has also been making cameos (recently on "30 Rock" and "Gossip Girl") in support of his late night talk show. As noted before, the deal to get the TV personality to co-host did not work out.

There had been talks with several New York Yankees players including Johnny Damon. That also failed to pan out.

Hulk Hogan also says he "considered for months" guest-hosting Monday's Raw from Madison Square Garden before he "sealed the deal" with TNA.

Update on Maryse's status.

- I'm told Maryse is just about ready to return from her knee injury and could be ready by Survivor Series. They might re-debut her at the Raw after the pay-per-view unless she is thrown in as a surprise entrance in the Divas Traditional Survivor Series bout. As for a potential program, a feud with Melina for the WWE Divas Championship has been pitched in recent creative meetings.

Jim Ross says the WWE needs to overhaul its recruiting process.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In an interview with Kevin Eck of the Baltimore Sun, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross spoke at length about how important it is for WWE to overhaul its recruiting process and find the next generation of superstars. "It's just a matter focusing on recruiting and finding world class athletes and encouraging them to have the aptitude and desire - and maybe more importantly, be fans of the product - to try this profession."

Ross continued, "It's imperative. The scouting and the whole process has to be accelerated and maintained and improved upon every single day. As long as they have that mind-set, they're going to continue to find good young guys that have potential. And then about one or two out of 10 will make it. It's going to be an interesting future, but I don't perceive it to be bleak whatsoever."

Ross also commented on fellow Oklahoman Jack Swagger's strengths and weaknesses. "Swagger's got a blessing and a curse," Ross said. " He has the blessing of having so much God-given physical ability as a natural 6-5 or 6-6 kid that's 260, so he has good size. He has an amazing athletic background. He's been wrestling since he was in elementary school. He wrestled in a Division I program [at Oklahoma] with good success. But he's one of those guys that is so good that he can put it in a little above neutral and be better than most. What he has to find is the fire inside him that's going to drive him internally to get to the next level and the next level after that."

To read the full interview, visit BaltimoreSun.com.
[/font]

Kofi Kingston reveals why he dropped the Jamaican accent.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a recent interview with SkySports, WWE Raw superstar Kofi Kingston explains why he's dropped the Jamaican gimmick and is now billed from his real birthplace, Ghana, West Africa.

"I was actually born in Ghana, West Africa," Kingston said. "As far as the whole Jamaican thing is actually concerned, growing up I actually loved everything about Jamaica. I loved the food, the culture, the laid-back attitude. When I came to the WWE initially I wanted to come out to something that attributed both my love for wrestling and the Jamaican heritage.

"I wanted to come out to something unique and something people had never seen before. But at a certain point it becomes about being real and true to yourself, as opposed to playing a character. You look at guys like Triple H. When he first started out he was Hunter Hearst Helmsley and before that he was Terra Ryzing - I don't know if a lot of people know that.

"Stone Cold Steve Austin was Stunning Steve Austin before he became Stone Cold. The Rock was Rocky Maivia before he became The Rock. Shawn Michaels was a Rocker before he became the Heartbreak Kid. I think in wrestling and the WWE you see a trend of guys who make transitions. And I think for me I'm in that transition stage into coming into my own."

To read the full interview, visit SkySports.com.
[/font]

Kaval (Low-Ki) to get called up soon.

- There are plans to call up Kaval (Low-Ki) to ECW when he is fully recovered from reconstructive knee surgery. He's been out almost a year, but is just about ready to return to FCW to get back in ring shape.

Hulk Hogan interview; talks about TNA, The Wrestler and more.

Time Magazine has a new interview online with Hulk Hogan. Below are the highlights:

When asked how his family reacted to his book: I don't know. A friend asked about my wife and whether she's read the book and I said I really hope she has because her publicist is already responding for her. I talked with my son about it, and I talked with my daughter. They haven't read it yet, but they understand why I wrote the book. [After the divorce], I hit rock bottom. A lot of people didn't realize that with the carpet being pulled out from under me in such a short time frame I got to such a bad place. [But] I woke up and realized life is great and people are awesome and life is worth living. People are having a tough time nowadays and I wanted to pass the story along and say, "Hey, don't give up. Life is good. Just keep believing and pushing and things will get better."

What he's coming to TNA to do: When I woke up and realized I should be my own man and be responsible for being happy, I realized I still have a lot to contribute to the wrestling business. And jumping into TNA [Total Nonstop Action] and being a part of that company is huge. I have a chance to give back and help these young wrestlers who don't understand the business and the art form.

Thoughts on The Wrestler movie: I thought it was great film, but as far as capturing the wrestling business it was a snapshot of a very small percentage of ex-wrestlers. It's not really how every wrestler ends up. It wasn't as intense as what the business is all about. And Mickey Rourke making so much drama out of cutting himself with a razor blade. Making a phone call from the dressing room is harder than cutting yourself with a razor blade. I've done that thousands of times.

Click here to read the full interview.

RVD interview; speaks on burning out in the WWE and if TNA is an option.

The UK Sun has a new interview online with Rob Van Dam. He speaks on numerous topics, but below are two of the notable quotes:

Burning out in WWE, displeasure with Vince McMahon's version of ECW: That frustration, where I didn't even want to represent this new ECW, certainly led to me not enjoying being there any more. I was burnt out on every level - mind, spirit and body. Although physically I was still managing to hold up, I was so tired. They had me on the road so much and I was not enjoying my job. It felt so routine and I was starting to really hate the travel and resent that I was never home. Also my contract promised me a month off, which I never got and really resented. I had a couple of really long talks with Vince, both about the direction he was driving ECW in and about the fact I never had a break. The result of one of those meetings was Vince turned to the office and said: "Rob should be getting time off." I got one Saturday night off three months later! Towards the end there they were double booking me - working afternoon and night time shows. So when my contract was up, I had an exit. I didn't quit, I finished my job and said: "I'm done. Thank you for the opportunity. I'll come back when, and if, I feel the desire." So far it's been two and a half years and I'm nowhere near ready to go back to full-time wrestling.

When asked if TNA is an option: It's possible. Never say never. I have been in communication with TNA recently. They did a PPV in Los Angeles and I went down and met them. I've talked to them over the phone since then. I've also spoken to the other side, who don't seem to want me to talk to TNA! But it's interesting times right now. I'm not looking for a position, but the business is trying to create a position for me. I'm sitting here in the Vam Dam Dojo - my house of peace - and loving life. Being on the road, dealing with the stress of all those egos and attitudes and people trying to take control of my image, is not very peaceful. There's no way I'd come back on a full-time schedule, but if someone bends to meet my terms then it's possible just the right doorway may open and it may be a smart one for me to go through. Both companies have their advantages. TNA wrestle pretty much only in Florida, where my mum and dad live and is easy on the travel. Plus I'd be able to promote all my personal projects...very blatantly probably. But in WWE, just because there is so much more exposure and prestige involved, it probably makes up for a lot of what would be advantageous in TNA. Nobody ever considers that WWE would offer the same schedule as TNA do, but let's see if they want RVD badly enough. Anything could happen.

Click here to read the interview in its entirety.

Samoa Joe interview; speaks on Hogan signing, if he is worried about the changes and more.

Alex Marvez has an interview up with TNA star Samoa Joe. Here are some of the highlights.

On the new changes in TNA with Hulk Hogan signing:
"This is definitely a transitional period in TNA. There's been some news that has trumped what's going on currently, but I think people who tune in Sunday will be pleasantly surprised. To me, being in this situation is not that big a deal. You never really know what's going on that far over the horizon anyway (in wrestling). I'm just excited to have the opportunity for another shot at doing something great in front of the fans, like working with Chris and A.J."

If he is worried at all about Hogan in TNA:
"Anybody who knows me knows I'm not worried at all. You can look at this as a challenge as far as my spot in the company. Call it arrogance or whatever, but I'm confident enough in my ability. I'm the only person who could stop me from being successful in this business. No matter who comes in, I'm going to do what I do to entertain and push forward."

On his personal feelings about Hogan:
"Hulk seems pretty inspired, from what I'm hearing. I'm a huge personal fan of his. He's always been complimentary when asked about me. I don't really know what's going to ultimately happen. TNA has been keeping a tight lid on their plans with Hulk. From what I've gathered being in the (TNA) office this past week, people across the board are excited. The end result should be interesting."

The Ultimate Warrior a possibility for WWE Hall of Fame; other names being discussed.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Ultimate Warrior could be a surprise inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame next year as the often troubled relationship between the former WWE Champion and Vince McMahon has apparently been thawed out.

On top of that, Warrior lives in Phoenix - the site of WrestleMania XXVI - and it's interesting to note that the event will be the 20th anniversary of his epic victory over Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VI. Furthermore, he has been featured on the company website much more frequently in recent months.

[/font]-[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- For what it's worth, names that have been discussed the most lately for the 2010 WWE Hall of Fame are Ted DiBiase, the Road Warriors, Demolition and Slick. There are a lot of rumors about Ultimate Warrior, Lex Luger and The Honky Tonk Man being inducted also. Ron Simmons is also said to be a possibility. Out of all these names, Ted DiBiase is considered the strongest possibility.[/font]

Latest on Vince Russo's future in TNA.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regarding Vince Russo's future in TNA, everyone close to the situation is saying that nothing has been decided yet by the company. Russo is under the impression that nothing has changed regarding his status since he feels he's been doing his job, but there are a number of people who feel his position is in jeopardy. Those same people also feel the Hogan and Bischoff team will establish their own infrastructure and put their own creative people in place, and the duo will be in TNA for the long haul.

If Russo goes, the assumption is that Ed Ferarra will also be out of a job. The only remaining member of the current creative staff would be Matt Conway, who is the youngest member of the staff and is someone Dixie Carter sees as a bright young mind.

Kevin Sullivan has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Vince Russo, as well as Kevin Nash although Nash says he has no interest in the role. Nash is currently working to solidify his acting career for once he finishes wrestling.

Rumors that Hogan and Bischoff negotiated directly with Dixie's father, Bob Carter, who owns TNA's parent company Panda Energy, are false. Multiple sources closes to the situation say Dixie was in charge of negotiations, which lasted approximately five months.
[/font]

Vince McMahon's reaction to TNA rating.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- At a WWE creative meeting this past week, TNA ratings were brought up for the first time in a while. Apparently Michael Hayes brought up the low quarter-hour of iMPACT with the Hulk Hogan announcement. Sources there say Vince's response was simply, "Ouch." As previously noted, footage of the Hulk Hogan press conference on that episode of iMPACT was the show's lowest-rated segment.[/font]

Bobby Lashley would leave TNA under the right opportunity.

In an interview with Sherdog.com, TNA Wrestling star and MMA fighter says he'd strongly consider walking away from pro wrestling if he was offered an exclusive deal with Strikeforce.

"If it does come to a point where you have to choose, then I'll have to sit back and talk with my family. I want to fight," Lashley said. "TNA is at the understanding where they know my dedication with fighting. If (Strikeforce CEO Scott) Coker comes back and says you have to quit wrestling, then we'll have to cross that bridge."

TNA offered Lashley great money to work a reduced schedule and they understand that fighting is his top priority.

Lashley professional MMA record is 4-0, most recently defeating Bob Sapp on June 27th. There were reports over the summer that Strikeforce was negotiating with Bobby Lashley to fight Fedor Emelianenko at last weekend's CBS event. Lashley declined the high profile fight because he didn't think he'd have enough time to train properly, but Strikeforce is interested and can certainly use another rising star with name value in their heavyweight division.

Jamie Noble's retirement is legitimate.

- Jamie Noble's retirement is legit. He will still remain with the company as a backstage producer but the angle with Sheamus was done to put over the Raw newcomer and was mostly Noble's idea. He was very sore for a few days after the snap powerbomb on the floor but there was no major damage done.

Eric Escobar to get his push slowed down.

- Eric Escobar has already fallen out of the good side of the writing team with a few "lackluster" in-ring performances. Look for his push to slow to a halt.

Where has Festus been?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Drew Hankinson (a.k.a. Festus) is still under contract to World Wrestling Entertainment, but sitting at home because creative has nothing for him. He has not appeared on television since June. There had been discussions of pairing him with CM Punk on SmackDown as a bodyguard, with the storyline being that he behaves the way he does because he's always heavily medicated. It would have then been revealed that Punk got him off drugs and made him Straight Edge. Another idea pitched was that Punk was using drugs to control him instead.[/font]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Still feel that the Punk angle would have been great...they should have gone with that.[/color]

Update on Carlito.

As noted last week here on the website, Carlito is off WWE TV at the moment as creative has nothing for him. While this tends to be the last straw with some talent before they are released, Carlito has a history of being used, not used and then brought back suddenly again. One WWE source seemed to indicate that Carlito didn't really seem to care all that much and that creative was more interested in spending time with people who are actually contributing ideas.

ODB had thoughts of going to WWE before signing a new deal with TNA.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Reigning TNA Women's Knockout Champion ODB recently inked a multi-year deal with TNA. Her contract renewal with the organization actually came as a surprise to friends as she had been discussing jumping to World Wrestling Entertainment when her previous contract expired in mid-November. She had been telling people the past two months that she didn't think management even realized her contract was coming due because no one had mentioned it to her.[/font]

Why the Paul Burchill vs. Hurricane match was bumped to this week.

- Paul Burchill vs. The Hurricane was bumped from last week's ECW because they wanted to move the match to a U.S. crowd (after second thought) so Burchill wouldn't get a strong face reaction for the match.

Backstage update on Frankie "Suicide" Kazarian's TNA future.

As reported earlier, Frankie Kazarian asked for his release from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling at the last set of iMPACT! tapings in Orlando. The former X Division champion is reportedly unhappy playing the character known as Suicide and many say he's been complaining a lot in the locker room as of late about the way he's being used. Management initially accepted his request for his release from the company, but AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels talked him out of leaving, so no paperwork was drawn up.

Many felt Kazarian was making a big mistake by asking for his release since he's already burned a bridge with World Wrestling Entertainment by refusing to cut his hair when he was under contract to them in 2005. He subsequently asked for his release a few days later.

Petey Williams dumbfounded by TNA release.

Slam! Wrestling has a story on former TNA and current ROH wrestler Petey Williams. He is still dumbfounded as to why TNA released him. He said: "My contract was up for renewal in January 2009 and everything seemed to be going well... Out of the blue, I received a call from head of talent relations for TNA, Terry Taylor, saying my contract was not going to be renewed. I still don't understand why the contract was not renewed. It may have been a money issue since I was the highest paid guy in the X Division. They also mentioned freshening up the roster but I am one of the youngest guys so that doesn't make sense. I guess more than anything, I would like an explanation why I was released." He said he had offers from WWE, but didn't want to go to developmental in Tampa as he has mouths to feed and bills to pay. "If I had the same offer five years ago I would have agreed," he said. "Now that I am married with a mortgage, it changes things."

Pope D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke) signs a new long-term TNA deal.

Dixie Carter announced on her Twitter tonight that she has signed Pope D'Angelo Dinero to a new, long term contract. "Right before I walked in to watch the PPV just now, The Pope and I signed his new long term deal. He IS the real deal."

Stacy Keibler contacts WWE about hosting RAW.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stacy Keibler recently spoke to Kevin Eck of BaltimoreSun.com and was asked whether she'd be the special guest host of WWE Raw when the show comes to her hometown of Baltimore, MD on 11/30.

The former WWE Diva said she reached out to WWE about hosting, but never heard back. "No one has contacted me. I actually had my management contact them, and nobody ever got back to us [laughs]. So I guess they're not interested," she said.

Keibler recently won a contest to determine Baltimore, Maryland's biggest celebrity - beating out baseball great Cal Ripken, Jr. and Olympic hero Michael Phelps.

Keibler was also asked about whether she's heard anything from TNA Wrestling about working for them. "[TNA] hasn't [contacted me], but Mick and I talk regularly," she said. "They haven't contacted me to do anything, plus I still have my deal with ABC, so I wouldn't be able to do anything like that."
[/font]

Big Show comments on Hogan and Flair returning and retirement.

WWE unified tag champion the Big Show was interviewed by the UK's Daily Star this week and commented on Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair returning to the ring later this month in Australia.

Show, a longtime friend of Hulk Hogan, "I just think it was a situation where two guys who love the industry wanted to go again," he told the Star. "That's the thing, no matter how long you do this for, or how old you are, you still have a love and a passion for the business. I wish them all the best."

When asked whether his own career is winding down, he said, "I get sore and a little lame and I have a bad attitude generally - but I still love coming to work. I'm the kind of guy who can't sit still for longer than two or three days in a row anyway! If there comes a time where I can't go out and entertain the fans then I'll call it a day but that's not here yet. I'm enjoying the moment."

Sojo Bolt released.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- It was reported last week that Sojournor Bolt's future with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling appeared to be in doubt. According to sources, she was released by the organization this past week as they opted against renewing her contract.

Further confirming her departure from the organization, her photo gallery was removed from the company website's Knockouts section last night. However, her profile remains on the roster page. The reason for this is because the company may opt to continue using Sojo on a pay-per-appearance basis, so there is a good chance we haven't the last of her in the six-sided ring.

The veteran wrestler had been sparingly used since Dutch Mantel's departure from TNA this past summer and the feeling was her days in the company were numbered.
[/font]

Dennis Miller to host the 2009 Slammy Awards.

The official WWE website is reporting that radio show host and comedian Dennis Miller will host the 12/14 edition of WWE Raw featuring the 2009 Slammy Awards.

Backstage details on the talent meeting shown on TNA iMPACT.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- As seen during the start of the Thursday's iMPACT! broadcast, TNA President Dixie Carter addressed the talent roster by noting the numerous changes made in recent weeks by the company. For those wondering, it was a legitimate speech and not something put together to further storylines. Furthermore, her comments were her own and not at all scripted. A number of wrestlers have been creatively frustrated in recent weeks and it is believed that this was her way of showing who's in control.

More than one source in the company says that the wrestlers were rolling their eyes at the speech and wondering why Dixie would want that to air on TV.

[/font] Wn13PwaRQ6s[/MEDIA]]Wn13PwaRQ6s[/MEDIA]] Wn13PwaRQ6s[/MEDIA]]Wn13PwaRQ6s[/MEDIA]]

WWE's reaction to Dixie Carter's speech on iMPACT.

A number of people from World Wrestling Entertainment watched Dixie Carter's speech on iMPACT! last week on YouTube, with many laughing at it. One person within WWE made the following statement to the Figure Four Newsletter regarding the TNA President's speech:

"After investing the previous two hours of Impact on hyping how Hulk Hogan and TNA are ushering in this new era of euphoria with this huge game changer move and perhaps making their fan base feel like this is finally the place to be right here and right now, they kick off this week's show with THAT video. A video that comes across totally out of context even if it's not a 'shoot, brutha', where a sea of sleepy, droopy-faced and indifferent talent sit in bleachers and are lectured to by a woman that has about 2% conviction in the speech she's giving.

"For the talent, it's a big old 'F*** you, it's my way or the highway'. For the viewer it comes across as 'Hey, you know that whole big Hulk Hogan hype we sold you on last week? Yeah, buyer beware - it's not as cool or as euphorically kick $*@ as we kind of suggested it was last week.' I don't think it served any purpose other than to further amp up Dixie's ego. It was like a bad public speaking class."

i went last night and lol you think things look fake on tv? its even worse live. Not to mention that there were probably 83 commercial breaks. It was stillvery entertaining. I sat in Section 78 next to a special dude who was really into it. That was fun to watch also. Started doing the Coffey jumpoff with thehands going in the air when coffey came out along with a few other stances from other wrestlers.

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stacy Keibler recently spoke to Kevin Eck of BaltimoreSun.com and was asked whether she'd be the special guest host of WWE Raw when the show comes to her hometown of Baltimore, MD on 11/30.

The former WWE Diva said she reached out to WWE about hosting, but never heard back. "No one has contacted me. I actually had my management contact them, and nobody ever got back to us [laughs]. So I guess they're not interested," she said.

Keibler recently won a contest to determine Baltimore, Maryland's biggest celebrity - beating out baseball great Cal Ripken, Jr. and Olympic hero Michael Phelps.

Keibler was also asked about whether she's heard anything from TNA Wrestling about working for them. "[TNA] hasn't [contacted me], but Mick and I talk regularly," she said. "They haven't contacted me to do anything, plus I still have my deal with ABC, so I wouldn't be able to do anything like that."
[/font]

How's that career going since you left the WWE? You're just a dumb broad with long legs.

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Undertaker has reverted back to "The Deadman" for pretty much 6+ years now. Like 4wrestling said, most of these old guys are here because WWE doesn't give the younger talent a chance to main event (however that "Jamaican Cat" you referred to earlier may be the exception).

Chris Jericho is wearing briefs now because when he turned heel, he claimed the old Chris Jericho is dead and he was tired of pleasing the parasites and hypocrites (fans) so he changed his entire look/attitude.

The "Attitude Adjustment" is John Cena's finisher, funny you mentioned F-5, cause Cena used to call it the F-U to mock Brock Lesnar (who he was fueding with at the time). But recently the WWE has gone to a TV-PG rating so things like F-U are now the "Attitude Adjustment"

ah.....now it makes sense. I am just now getting back into the wrestling scene.

You know what I miss? A good old fashioned Pile Driver...just came to me when Sheamus attacked Lawler.

I think it would still be an awesome finisher for someone.

edit:
Also, do they still do Cage maches? Hell in a cell? ladder matches...etc.?

ECW returns to Philadelphia tonight. No, I am not going. Listening to 10 year olds chant "ECW" annoys me too much.

On the last ECW, The Hurricane emerged, distracting Paul Burchill and allowing Goldust to get a win over The Ripper. But tonight, the two will settle theirrivalry in a match that will see The Hurricane unmasked or Paul Burchill bidding "farewell" to the Land of the Extreme.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

[/font]
How's that career going since you left the WWE? You're just a dumb broad with long legs.

How in the wold she win that tile???

Angel

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

i went last night and lol you think things look fake on tv? its even worse live. Not to mention that there were probably 83 commercial breaks. It was still very entertaining. I sat in Section 78 next to a special dude who was really into it. That was fun to watch also. Started doing the Coffey jumpoff with the hands going in the air when coffey came out along with a few other stances from other wrestlers.
I was also there last night at section 66.

Just a couple of things.

Dark Match had Ted Dibiase vs. Primo with Ted winning via Dream Street.

then WWE Superstars had Mark Henry (large pop) beat Cody Rhodes wit the World Strongest Slam.

as for Raw, I thought Raw was an okay show tonight. The crowd was pretty good. It was quite painful to see the hurt in the kids' face when the adults werebooing Cena
laugh.gif
. Some little girl decked out with Cena gear looked like she was about tocry..

Vince McMahon coming out was a complete shocker. The Kofi/Orton segment was pretty good. And the main event was good for the short amount of time it had. ithink the match officially started at 11:05. Funniest parts was when The Miz was talkin crap about the Yankees, and Jericho talking crap about NY (not sure ifit aired on tv though). But other than that, i really felt that this RAW was a major letdown. The matches were all short, too much commercial breaks, and theyhad too much "entertainment" but i guess i have to watch ECW/SD for wrestling..

ECW returns to Philadelphia tonight. No, I am not going. Listening to 10 year olds chant "ECW" annoys me too much.

On the last ECW, The Hurricane emerged, distracting Paul Burchill and allowing Goldust to get a win over The Ripper. But tonight, the two will settle their rivalry in a match that will see The Hurricane unmasked or Paul Burchill bidding "farewell" to the Land of the Extreme.

smh.gif
at you for not going to see the Ziggler/Morrison 2 out of 3 falls IC titlematch.

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

[/font]
How in the wold she win that tile???

Angel

lol wow, i completely skipped over that part of the story

was also there last night at section 66.

Just a couple of things.

Dark Match had Ted Dibiase vs. Primo with Ted winning via Dream Street.

then WWE Superstars had Mark Henry (large pop) beat Cody Rhodes wit the World Strongest Slam.

as for Raw, I thought Raw was an okay show tonight. The crowd was pretty good. It was quite painful to see the hurt in the kids' face when the adults were booing Cena
laugh.gif
. Some little girl decked out with Cena gear looked like she was about to cry..

Vince McMahon coming out was a complete shocker. The Kofi/Orton segment was pretty good. And the main event was good for the short amount of time it had. i think the match officially started at 11:05. Funniest parts was when The Miz was talkin crap about the Yankees, and Jericho talking crap about NY (not sure if it aired on tv though). But other than that, i really felt that this RAW was a major letdown. The matches were all short, too much commercial breaks, and they had too much "entertainment" but i guess i have to watch ECW/SD for wrestling..
I was there as well, let me give my thoughts. Counting WCW Nitro in 97 (return of the Ultimate Warrior) and ECW Living Dangerously 99, this was my30th WWF event. I have had some great ones (SummerSlam 06 & 07, RoyalRumble 08, Backlash 09, several attitude era Raws) and some not so great ones. Afterletting last night sink in, I would have to say it was the worst show of the year I have attended (Hell in a Cell and Backlash). For a 2009 Raw, it was betterthan average, but nothing great. It doesnt even compare to Raws of 2 years ago. There were more commercial breaks last night than I can ever remember at alive WWE show. The matches were short, and the only one I was really into was the main event, but it was too short. A couple notes from my perspective:

- Piper got an awful pop, half of the audience had no clue who he was. He looked drunk all night, and when he came out for his "match" while incommercial, he almost fell and was lucky he caught the ropes.

-Mark Henry got a good face pop, which is surprising.

-DX was over, and I agree with 4w, you cant boo cena and cheer dx. I gave all of them heat.

-Crowd was hot, but this is going to kill me saying this; NY does NOT have the best crowds. Living in CT, I have seen shows here, MA, NJ, RI, and NY. NewJersey has the best crowds overall, with Rhode Island coming in a very close second. NY is better at a ppv, and Boston wasnt bad at Summerslam 06. CT isusualy full of marks, but last night was awful. I would expect more from a NYC crowd. Cena was literaly 50/50. NO ONE was booing dx that I could hearbesides my friend and I.

-Miz is awful. This guy is getting XPAC HEAT. My buddy agreed with me as well. I always have been a heel mark, but I cant stand this guy. He is alwaysgetting cheap heat, and he is more annoying than XPAC with that walk to the ring holding his arms up in the air.

-I will give the devil his due, I ALMOST clapped when HGH pedigreed the ******.

-All in all, a descent show worth going to, but nothing too special. I bought $15 tickets to SD next week in Bridgeport (very small building, no bad seats)and 6th row to Raw in Hartford in December. I wasnt going to go to Raw, but it is the first one there since Hogan stalled the Taker's bike.

-Any questions about the show, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom