X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

Originally Posted by 36hypno

^^Not that I don't believe you, but I will most likely sit all the way through lol

marvel studios independently made movies has stuff after the credits to tie all of them together. probably no reason to sit all the way through for nothing at the end lol

Originally Posted by 36hypno

^^Not that I don't believe you, but I will most likely sit all the way through lol

marvel studios independently made movies has stuff after the credits to tie all of them together. probably no reason to sit all the way through for nothing at the end lol

Originally Posted by Wr

costumes look cheesy but the storyline seems dope

u think so? I like them. they look just like the original X-Men uniforms in the comics. now the black leather costumes in the first 3 X-Men movies on the other hand, THOSE were cheesy

Originally Posted by Wr

u think so? I like them. they look just like the original X-Men uniforms in the comics. now the black leather costumes in the first 3 X-Men movies on the other hand, THOSE were cheesy

I actually like the costumes in this film minus Magentos "sup my helmets too big".

I actually like the costumes in this film minus Magentos "sup my helmets too big".

so there's no chance of the X-Men, Wolverine, or Deadpool movies being linked to the other independent Marvel films?? that's weak. it woulda been nice if Marvel could've freed the X-Men franchise from Fox and rebooted the whole thing with X-Men: First Class being the first movie of a completely new series.

so there's no chance of the X-Men, Wolverine, or Deadpool movies being linked to the other independent Marvel films?? that's weak. it woulda been nice if Marvel could've freed the X-Men franchise from Fox and rebooted the whole thing with X-Men: First Class being the first movie of a completely new series.

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

I think that is a good thing. A mash-up of all these characters w/ no room for backstory and such will equate to X3, which is probably the worst of all the X-Men films not including Wolverine Origins. 

I think that is a good thing. A mash-up of all these characters w/ no room for backstory and such will equate to X3, which is probably the worst of all the X-Men films not including Wolverine Origins. 

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Originally Posted by RFX45

They do not follow anything the canon from the comics and it'll be the root of all the hate for this movie. 
Example: Cyclops and Havok are brothers and supposed to be only a couple of  years apart but with this timeline, they'd be 2-3 decades apart.

Emma Frost is also suppose to be around the same age as Cyclops iirc, but in this one she laready looks at least 10 years older than Havok.

I really could go on so if you are a comic book fanboy, these are things that can easily ruin a movie.

And that's why I can't get down with this movie. Been an Xmen fan since I was a kid and After seeing the trailers the inner nerd in me wants to boycott it.

I'm actually opposite, which in these cases is a good thing.  After X3 and Wolverine:Origins, I've learned to realize to try to enjoy these movies for what they are and it makes them a bit more bearable.  While I'm not as excited as I was for X3/Origins, I'm still looking forward for a pretty decent summer action flick and good to see positive reviews so far
I know what you mean by taking it for what it worth but everytime i see the trailer cant help to think about it. Besides messing up the whole history of the X-men, I'm not sure what they are trying to do with the story. It's in the 60's, JFK's speech, missiles.... The X-men stop the stop the Cuban Missile crisis??  
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by RFX45

They do not follow anything the canon from the comics and it'll be the root of all the hate for this movie. 
Example: Cyclops and Havok are brothers and supposed to be only a couple of  years apart but with this timeline, they'd be 2-3 decades apart.

Emma Frost is also suppose to be around the same age as Cyclops iirc, but in this one she laready looks at least 10 years older than Havok.

I really could go on so if you are a comic book fanboy, these are things that can easily ruin a movie.

And that's why I can't get down with this movie. Been an Xmen fan since I was a kid and After seeing the trailers the inner nerd in me wants to boycott it.

I'm actually opposite, which in these cases is a good thing.  After X3 and Wolverine:Origins, I've learned to realize to try to enjoy these movies for what they are and it makes them a bit more bearable.  While I'm not as excited as I was for X3/Origins, I'm still looking forward for a pretty decent summer action flick and good to see positive reviews so far
I know what you mean by taking it for what it worth but everytime i see the trailer cant help to think about it. Besides messing up the whole history of the X-men, I'm not sure what they are trying to do with the story. It's in the 60's, JFK's speech, missiles.... The X-men stop the stop the Cuban Missile crisis??  
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

ur right about them being close to the original, but i wish they would have been a bit more grittier. They look like a new age hazmat crew imo. i agree the black leather was cheesy. the cranked those xmen movie out textbook hollywood summer movie style so it was expected. just thought they would have had it right by now 

Originally Posted by Wr

ur right about them being close to the original, but i wish they would have been a bit more grittier. They look like a new age hazmat crew imo. i agree the black leather was cheesy. the cranked those xmen movie out textbook hollywood summer movie style so it was expected. just thought they would have had it right by now 

ohwell.gif

They're appealing to a bigger story that already exists. By placing it during the Cuban Missile Crisis the movie taps into a pre-existing drama and tension that actually happened to America. Is it the best thing for the true comic book fans? of course not, but if it helps make a better movie, then I can understand why.
There's a hard decision to be made with making a comic/superhero movie, stay as close to 100% authentic to the source material at the expense of the movie, make necessary changes while still staying primarily authentic, or use the characters and their basic history while writing what's essentially a new movie/story. And this is a problem that most movies deal with..

When it comes down to it, this is a movie... and whatever decisions the writers/directors make in order to produce a better movie, then I'm generally on bored with it. For the diehards who demand authenticity at all times, that's unfortunate and they always have the source material to fall back on. But I prefer a better movie with changes to the original story compared to a crappy movie that's authentic to the original material.

ohwell.gif

They're appealing to a bigger story that already exists. By placing it during the Cuban Missile Crisis the movie taps into a pre-existing drama and tension that actually happened to America. Is it the best thing for the true comic book fans? of course not, but if it helps make a better movie, then I can understand why.
There's a hard decision to be made with making a comic/superhero movie, stay as close to 100% authentic to the source material at the expense of the movie, make necessary changes while still staying primarily authentic, or use the characters and their basic history while writing what's essentially a new movie/story. And this is a problem that most movies deal with..

When it comes down to it, this is a movie... and whatever decisions the writers/directors make in order to produce a better movie, then I'm generally on bored with it. For the diehards who demand authenticity at all times, that's unfortunate and they always have the source material to fall back on. But I prefer a better movie with changes to the original story compared to a crappy movie that's authentic to the original material.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

ohwell.gif

bored1.jpg

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)][/color]im only kidding fam
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

bored1.jpg

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)][/color]im only kidding fam
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

It is a hard decision to stay as close as possible to the source material and I understand that there will be necessary changes to the story in order to make it fit to the movie format or the story they want to tell. I'm not mad at that. I guess its just when they completely change the story is what bothers me. And thats what they did with this one. People want things watered down now a days and if a movie is out, they will never bother reading the original. I guess after movies like TDK and Iron Man, comic fans want and expect more and they want it as close as possible.

ohwell.gif

It is a hard decision to stay as close as possible to the source material and I understand that there will be necessary changes to the story in order to make it fit to the movie format or the story they want to tell. I'm not mad at that. I guess its just when they completely change the story is what bothers me. And thats what they did with this one. People want things watered down now a days and if a movie is out, they will never bother reading the original. I guess after movies like TDK and Iron Man, comic fans want and expect more and they want it as close as possible.

I have the same positions as I stated in The Walking Dead thread.  Sometimes it's good and refreshing to see a new interpretation of something, especially when you switch to different medias.  Let people be creative.  What they come up with might be almost as good or even better than the original material.  Changing stuff isn't new to comic books.  Look at what's happening now with DC.  Yesterday I saw them announce they're re-doing everything.  Characters' origins and costumes to reach the interest of new fans.  I'm not saying I agree with it but it'll be interesting to see what they do.

I have the same positions as I stated in The Walking Dead thread.  Sometimes it's good and refreshing to see a new interpretation of something, especially when you switch to different medias.  Let people be creative.  What they come up with might be almost as good or even better than the original material.  Changing stuff isn't new to comic books.  Look at what's happening now with DC.  Yesterday I saw them announce they're re-doing everything.  Characters' origins and costumes to reach the interest of new fans.  I'm not saying I agree with it but it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Back
Top Bottom