X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

I thought the movie was great!!! Everyone that is on the fence about watching this film because it lacks star power should give it a chance.

I thought the movie was great!!! Everyone that is on the fence about watching this film because it lacks star power should give it a chance.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

I'm not even mad. I just find it funny that you newbies know nothing about the essence of comics. you guys never religiously visited comic book shops as a kid. you guys probably made fun of people who would be seen with comics. it's all good though. i'll just continue to boycott and you guys continue to eat up the garbage. continue to buy your shirts from hot topic. continue to make these studios richer and produce more garbage. i remember when origins first came out everyone was geeking hard, then it came out and so many disappointed faces
laugh.gif
it's all good. i'll stick to comics and cartoons that are actually true to the story. and not some edited, fabricated, tailored marketable garbage. the thing is with you guys is that you don't have a back bone and take it for it is instead of actually doing something about. you guys would rather lay down submit. have fun with the marvel garbage and continue to live the lie that these movies are actually GREAT ! because it has good reviews
laugh.gif

but, you still watched the movie knowing it was going to be different from comic lore.. shut up.
take it up to Stan Lee you crybaby. 
grin.gif

I'm not even mad. I just find it funny that you newbies know nothing about the essence of comics. you guys never religiously visited comic book shops as a kid. you guys probably made fun of people who would be seen with comics. it's all good though. i'll just continue to boycott and you guys continue to eat up the garbage. continue to buy your shirts from hot topic. continue to make these studios richer and produce more garbage. i remember when origins first came out everyone was geeking hard, then it came out and so many disappointed faces
laugh.gif
it's all good. i'll stick to comics and cartoons that are actually true to the story. and not some edited, fabricated, tailored marketable garbage. the thing is with you guys is that you don't have a back bone and take it for it is instead of actually doing something about. you guys would rather lay down submit. have fun with the marvel garbage and continue to live the lie that these movies are actually GREAT ! because it has good reviews
laugh.gif

but, you still watched the movie knowing it was going to be different from comic lore.. shut up.
take it up to Stan Lee you crybaby. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

everyone saying that you have to watch this movie by disregarding the OG storyline is the reason why these studios continue to put out garbage. you kids accept it and buy into this. they just shove it down your throat and your cannot even for a second sit back look how ******ed these movies are being made. then you complete it by flocking to the theaters. let's say you were to boycott, i believe our power in unity would change something. but i'm pretty sure the newbies want to see it because they think it is cool and know nothing about it.

All my years here and there's only a handful of names I've ever bothered remembering, but whenever he posts his rants about comic-book movies, I can't help but go
I love how fanboys get all bent out of shape with "storylines", I've been a Marvel fan for years, still pick up epic novels here and there ex: "Civil War", "House of M".

Marvel themselves have messed with storylines in order to push a series.  I don't think any character's storyline is linear at this point.  Personally, I think that the first X-Men trilogy failed because they tried to follow the timeline, somewhat, but knew it wasn't possible to include popular characters that came down the road, such as Storm and Wolverine.  So they forced them in there, it didn't work.

I enjoyed the movie, it was well made and followed it's own original storyline as opposed to throwing characters in there and explaining their backstory. 

Christopher Nolan kind of changed the way comic based movies are made since it showed studios they can mess with storylines in their own way as long as they make a good film and it finds a balance between staying real to the character and adding a bit of realism to the storyline.

Personally, I enjoyed the film a lot, and I got to say it is the most well made Marvel movie to come out.  That is just my opinion though.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, I can't even take this dude serious.  How can you call people newbies, when Marvel has messed with storylines themselves?  Think of this as another storyline in one of Marvel's worlds.

When you say "true to the story", which one are you referring to: "House of M", "Uncanny X-Men", "X-Men", "X-Men First Class", "Civil War", "Age of Apocalypse", etc?  I could go on and on...newbie!

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

everyone saying that you have to watch this movie by disregarding the OG storyline is the reason why these studios continue to put out garbage. you kids accept it and buy into this. they just shove it down your throat and your cannot even for a second sit back look how ******ed these movies are being made. then you complete it by flocking to the theaters. let's say you were to boycott, i believe our power in unity would change something. but i'm pretty sure the newbies want to see it because they think it is cool and know nothing about it.

All my years here and there's only a handful of names I've ever bothered remembering, but whenever he posts his rants about comic-book movies, I can't help but go
I love how fanboys get all bent out of shape with "storylines", I've been a Marvel fan for years, still pick up epic novels here and there ex: "Civil War", "House of M".

Marvel themselves have messed with storylines in order to push a series.  I don't think any character's storyline is linear at this point.  Personally, I think that the first X-Men trilogy failed because they tried to follow the timeline, somewhat, but knew it wasn't possible to include popular characters that came down the road, such as Storm and Wolverine.  So they forced them in there, it didn't work.

I enjoyed the movie, it was well made and followed it's own original storyline as opposed to throwing characters in there and explaining their backstory. 

Christopher Nolan kind of changed the way comic based movies are made since it showed studios they can mess with storylines in their own way as long as they make a good film and it finds a balance between staying real to the character and adding a bit of realism to the storyline.

Personally, I enjoyed the film a lot, and I got to say it is the most well made Marvel movie to come out.  That is just my opinion though.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, I can't even take this dude serious.  How can you call people newbies, when Marvel has messed with storylines themselves?  Think of this as another storyline in one of Marvel's worlds.

When you say "true to the story", which one are you referring to: "House of M", "Uncanny X-Men", "X-Men", "X-Men First Class", "Civil War", "Age of Apocalypse", etc?  I could go on and on...newbie!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Stop being such a fanboy.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Stop being such a fanboy.

Origins was awful, because the storyline was awful.  It had potential but it was poorly made.

Can't say the same for X-Men: First Class.

Origins was awful, because the storyline was awful.  It had potential but it was poorly made.

Can't say the same for X-Men: First Class.

lmao dude stay salty. i saw this last night and as a movie itself it was well made and definitely entertaining

lmao dude stay salty. i saw this last night and as a movie itself it was well made and definitely entertaining

just caught it on IMAX movie was 
pimp.gif

i wish it had more fight scenes though epic mutant fights wouldve been 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit: just saw the first page when the thread was made and everyone was hating on the movie haha

just caught it on IMAX movie was 
pimp.gif

i wish it had more fight scenes though epic mutant fights wouldve been 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit: just saw the first page when the thread was made and everyone was hating on the movie haha

BTW, don't know I missed it or there was no appearance but did anyone catch Stan Lee in the film?

BTW, don't know I missed it or there was no appearance but did anyone catch Stan Lee in the film?

Originally Posted by gentry187

I don't think he was in it at all

Originally Posted by gentry187

I don't think he was in it at all

Back
Top Bottom