Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

:lol: Fallout boy fans = High school kids with disposable income = Air-Yeezys target demographic

Its very likley non of those celebs paid for those shoes. Company's have been giving celebs all kinds of free stuff for yearswith the expectation they will get photographed while wearing their brand.

Yes, friends and family shoes are promotional items. ie Eminem IVs... the word of mouth hype is inexpensive advertising for both parties involved
what?
pete wentz got the shoes cause they collaborated with kanye on a track a few years back and he maintained the relationship.

how many pairs of em4's have you seen in person? whats the point of promoting a shoe that will never be released to the public? 
you do know there are so many f&f exclusives that never even leave the Nike office right? hype and promotion are two different things when it comes to shoes you can buy and those that cant. 

If you actually think its more likely that Kanye sent him a pair personally than Nike sent him a care package I dont know what to tell you.

In the age of the internet hype and promotion are one in the same. The point is pics of rare or nearly unattainable hyped items get taken and posted everywhere thereby promoting the interests of all parties involved.

Last edited:
Kanye **** in some of yalls cereal clearly. I see the same people ranting about him in every thread :lol:

Interviews were cool though. Dude has that insane genius vibe. Son just has a horrible time articulating his thoughts. He needs an interpreter.

Oh yeah everybody was checking for Don C in OGs that is the only reason Jordans still popular :rolleyes :rofl:

Most of these kids wearing Jordans couldn't tell you who the hell Don C is.

Dude if you haven't noticed an increase in demand for Jordan since Ye started on em heavy?

in 07 or whenever it was i walked right into an empty footlocker and bought my self some olympic 7's, had multiple sizes too, couldn't hope to do that now, the demand has reached stupid levels since then. :x

Snearker culture has gone completely main stream and he is a big part of that.

Only J's I see Kanye rocking are retro I's and Infrared VI's. Can someone post pics of Kanye rocking OG's or first retros?

I've only seen him in retros and mostly recent release retros.

chill man

mean.gif

I don't understand, people are praising him for being 'himself', and thinking 'out side of the box' yet, he's dying for others to approve of him and take him serious. This guy is so flakey and emotional it's laughable.

wow Ye refusing to freestyle at the end shows Sway got under his skin and he aint nothing without ghostwriters

so i guess nike gave all them jordans to dj khaled to promote too.
they just have connections whether its with a nike representative or an owner of a retailer who got an early shipment. 
dont kid yourself that they tried to market yeezys to emo-punks, cmon son. if that was the case you would have seen actual marketing for the yeezys

I don't think you know how marketing works.

I don't think you know how marketing works.
i get you mean and would have hoped you knew what i meant. 

tell me how much money nike spent on promoting the yeezys? 

social marketing wasnt created by nike, it was blogs, hypebeasts and countless reposts of the same ol pictures which came from Kanyes friends/team

His freestyle though..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

LMAO

as odd as it sounds to others, i feel this dude.

He's an inarticulate frustrated creative. it happens. Sometimes things can make complete sense in your head but you have no way of explaining it to others. Almost as though words werent sufficient. He's an artist and his work is driven by emotion so you have to understand the passion this man harbors. so when you get that passion, mixed with his frustration with the business and then throw in the media trying to skew everything he says and does, you get these outbursts/rants/etc. I currently work as head art director at an ad agency here in NY. I KNOW this dudes feels. Theres nothing more frustrating than a company encouraging thinking outside of the box and innovation (because it sounds good) and then not allowing you to do so. Being creative and innovative is often encouraged because its a step to progression and it sounds ideal, but seldom is it allowed. Esp with large companies like coca cola, corona, and plenty others. That frustration can be quite difficult to express to others. i know from experience. ive been dealing with it the last few years and ive almost snapped plenty of times. so ye, dont eemb trip. i feel you dawgie.

Any jobs available at that agency brah?

to me it seems like Kanye doesnt get that you may have to risk alot to see your dreams come. Like imo he wants others to back him instead of going for it himself. If i wanna start a business, Im gonna have to put out my own money and go into debt etc. I cant sit here and complain that so and so arent backing me and giving me the cosign. Why is he looking for google to back Donda? Go broke if you believe in the idea

i get you mean and would have hoped you knew what i meant. 
tell me how much money nike spent on promoting the yeezys? 

social marketing wasnt created by nike, it was blogs, hypebeasts and countless reposts of the same ol pictures which came from Kanyes friends/team

Just realized who was in your avy.....

So kanye made the VII's look 'good'? Give me a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell ya this much before Ye was rocking infrared VIs the resell value wasn't that high, once dude was rocking them regular even the value of Varsity reds jumped.....I remember I bought a pair for 65$ and i had a dude offering me 300$ not too long ago, ended up selling them to a fellow NTer for I think 200$

Meth, please ban all Kanye fans ASAP, including the "I'm not a fan but I'll write essays about his leather pants anyway"

Last edited:
Just realized who was in your avy.....

So Yeezy made the VII's look 'good', give me a break.
my avy doesnt have anything to do with my opinion. come on its hilarious.

but its all good. blame it on the kanye in all of us haha

and idk about kanye making jordans trendy again, certain shoes became sought after yes ( royals, breds, black varsity 6's) 

Last edited:
Tell ya this much before Ye was rocking infrared VIs the resell value wasn't that high, once dude was rocking them regular even the value of Varsity reds jumped.....I remember I bought a pair for 65$ and i had a dude offering me 300$ not too long ago, ended up selling them to a fellow NTer for I think 200$

Why didn't hype/resell value go up when Kanye rocked the Cardinal VII's? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom