Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

my avy doesnt have anything to do with my opinion. come on its hilarious.
but its all good. blame it on the kanye in all of us haha

and idk about kanye making jordans trendy again...especially 7's....i dont rock with those

The VII's comment was for someone else, sorry. I get what you're saying about the Nike not spending money on marketing, however, Nike rarely promotes anything now. Just let the celebs rock it and some 'e-celebs' and you're good. Doesn't matter who 'created' it, with marketing is all about strategy, product placement and brand.

I don't think I can name one celeb that was responsible for the sneaker game to be where it is at today. The sneaker game is popular cause of sneakerheads and their common similarities in liking shoes. This whole culture had little to no celeb influence from its start.

I think there were some mainstream moments like Fat Joe on MTV Cribs etc. Licking the bottom of his sneakers. Sneaker room etc.

Fat Joe in Jordans and 1's and Joe was a much bigger artist late 90's early 2k.

Like I said, Pharrell was heavy into the Dunks back then. Bapes etc. And he was quickly becoming a megastar as part of the Neptunes, NERD, features etc.

Last edited:
Tell ya this much before Ye was rocking infrared VIs the resell value wasn't that high, once dude was rocking them regular even the value of Varsity reds jumped.....I remember I bought a pair for 65$ and i had a dude offering me 300$ not too long ago, ended up selling them to a fellow NTer for I think 200$

Word...I won't say he influenced the masses but he did up the value on certain models...just like how those all red 90s sold out after he was spotted in them :lol:

Honestly i tried to watch his interview with the breakfast club & sway, but i cant.

This dude doesnt answer any questions he just goes off on mini speeches :x

He's such an immature POS. The God is 100% right. He's a walking contradiction.

i dont see why ppl mad at him for doing exactly what he wants ppl to do (keep him relevant).... and he will tell everybody the same as he told the breakfast club he dont have a problem listening to ppl talk bad about him he is trying to be a better person and thank you all for yall hating support lol

I just listened to the Kanye and Sway interview. Shout out to Sway for keeping it proper. Dude has always been good since when he was at KMEL over here in San Francisco and of course the Way Up Show in LA. Dude could have put it on some media type spin and made Kanye even more mad but he kept the composure as well as making himself not disrespected.

I think Kanye is trying to transcend to a level beyond the common man. He wants to be a billionaire because he feels that is the way to have a true influence on the reality.

I haven't paid much attention to all of his conversations with us and reporters and whomever else.

I think he has a huge ego, but using some perspective taking.....I think he's actually trying to achieve something noble/sinister (based on what he does with the power if he ever gets to the level where he can have a TRUE influence on mankind).

I'm def gonna pay attention to this guys future. He has the momentum, creativity, injenuity, and will do so.....he doesn't have the tact and the ability to be suave about it.

He's forcing his way to the top.

sway should of gave that fool kanye that deep east oakland town business treatment. :smokin

Last edited:
Word...I won't say he influenced the masses but he did up the value on certain models...just like how those all red 90s sold out after he was spotted in them :lol:

Add the all white flyknits, a couple of Newbalances, he'll the white cement IVs before they retroed...you can't tell me dudes outside of New York didn't start eyeing Constructs more and more after they saw Ye in them...lol

I think Kanye is trying to transcend to a level beyond the common man. He wants to be a billionaire because he feels that is the way to have a true influence on the reality.

I haven't paid much attention to all of his conversations with us and reporters and whomever else.

I think he has a huge ego, but using some perspective taking.....I think he's actually trying to achieve something noble/sinister (based on what he does with the power if he ever gets to the level where he can have a TRUE influence on mankind).

I'm def gonna pay attention to this guys future. He has the momentum, creativity, injenuity, and will do so.....he doesn't have the tact and the ability to be suave about it.

He's forcing his way to the top.

Forgot who but someone wrote a paper about this and the contrast to some other influential black people. I think Tupac was the biggest comparison. Not on the music tip though.

More the "I will be heard regardless" tip. They won't open the door so he wants to kick it down. Dude knows how important that paper is and he knows in order to make a difference in today's society, he needs a ton of it.

If you were watching Tupacs interviews back then you might be able to see the similarities. As artists they are a lot alike. Super inflated ego, very contradictory, very hypocritical. That need for influence and power, they share that.

Dude just is nowhere near as articulate as Pac was. If he could get his ideas out without sounding dumb he'd be straight. He'd just have to worry about the people who go into Kanye conversations not able to think objectively, namely the people who hate him passionately and the Stans who won't check him when he sounds like an idiot. Just like Pac, he clearly feeds off both sides. Its fun to watch.

the reason some of these dudes think he is such a damn icon because they are the ones that copy every single thing he does.

look at those air max 90's that were basically rotting on the shelves until he wore em...

all of a sudden dudes are copping all 3 colors because he wore em..

believe it or not guys this is a very small demographic not everyone is obsessed with this dude.

Welp... I'm convinced. I just read through a lot of arguing about nothing and.....

NONE OF YOU HAVE THE ANSWERS!

Add the all white flyknits, a couple of Newbalances, he'll the white cement IVs before they retroed...you can't tell me dudes outside of New York didn't start eyeing Constructs more and more after they saw Ye in them...lol

This, even had dudes fiendin for those vans wtaps sk8 hi, dudes that ain't never wore sk8 hi in their lives wanting a pair

This, even had dudes fiendin for those vans wtaps sk8 hi, dudes that ain't never wore sk8 hi in their lives wanting a pair

And that's the point that's been trying to prove here....dude influences and hypes up trends like no other right now

Everything "intelligent" he says goes out the window to me when I remember he's marrying Kim K :lol:.

How can you be so "deep" and "pro-black" yet you're cuffing a dumb white jumpoff who got famous off a sextape? :rofl:

I wonder what their conversations could possibly be about, there's no way they even slightly understand each other.

Back
Top Bottom