-Young Jeezy- "The real is back 2" Hosted by DJ Drama (Out now!) "TM:103" (OUT NOW!)

Gucci mane > Jezzy
ross > jezzy

The snowman is melting
laugh.gif

Ty i agree with everything you brought besides the Weezy tour thing...Jeezy was in the Ross spot for that tour, Weezy is a legitimate arena artist, Jeezy is nowhere close and never will be.

Ty i agree with everything you brought besides the Weezy tour thing...Jeezy was in the Ross spot for that tour, Weezy is a legitimate arena artist, Jeezy is nowhere close and never will be.

To put this short this is the same argument all yall had for gucci "buzz" this "Buzz" that the streets are Def F'n wit gucci more... Fast forward two years nobody in the mainstream gives to $%%$! about gucci and all that twitter and blog hype (AKA the streets of NT) has switched to Odd future, Lil B and other generic "trap" rappers.

the fact remains that through all of this Industry bs.   Jeezy has CONSISTENTLY dropped great music and that's why his position is solidified. Hell NT swears that Game is the coldest artist out.... Well umm he outsold ALL of what "Self Made" sold in his first week. 
laugh.gif
 WSHH got yall believing they our the gateway to the world

If jeezy has no buzz yet he gets more sales, downloads, Big feature collabos.... then how exactly is Ross killing the charts... the #!+$$* biggest track aint crack top 50
ohwell.gif

To put this short this is the same argument all yall had for gucci "buzz" this "Buzz" that the streets are Def F'n wit gucci more... Fast forward two years nobody in the mainstream gives to $%%$! about gucci and all that twitter and blog hype (AKA the streets of NT) has switched to Odd future, Lil B and other generic "trap" rappers.

the fact remains that through all of this Industry bs.   Jeezy has CONSISTENTLY dropped great music and that's why his position is solidified. Hell NT swears that Game is the coldest artist out.... Well umm he outsold ALL of what "Self Made" sold in his first week. 
laugh.gif
 WSHH got yall believing they our the gateway to the world

If jeezy has no buzz yet he gets more sales, downloads, Big feature collabos.... then how exactly is Ross killing the charts... the #!+$$* biggest track aint crack top 50
ohwell.gif

What sales are you speaking of Ty? I was under the impression you needed to have something in stores to sell? And how you gonna diss WSHH but you quoted datpiff downloads?

What sales are you speaking of Ty? I was under the impression you needed to have something in stores to sell? And how you gonna diss WSHH but you quoted datpiff downloads?

Im Basing this off album sales as a total... In which case Jeezy has three platinum albums ross doesnt have any. 

So okay lets say that that doesnt mean anything in terms of selling future records.... Based off Singles in which both came out around the same time of year( Spring 2010), Ross had what ya'll call the biggest single of the year, despite Lose My Mind, Charting higher, Being played just as much in EVERY club i went too, and BEING NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY OFF OF A MIXTAPE.

It would only be logical to say that the man with the song that got played much more, has a MUCH larger fanbase, and had received more recognition for his song... would be the artist with the bigger "buzz" but maybe i'm crazy

ok so lets forget that also lets check the amount of downloads and plays the artist has gotten on their mixtapes... Considering The internet translates to the real world & Ross "Big Buzz" will clearly show there.. Well then we take the artist two biggest mixtapes and view how many downloads they have gotten. Because surely when someone has a buzz there fans of course want to hear the material.

Nobody wants to listen to jeezy because he has no buzz
frown.gif
, he only had 200k more people listen to his music, but nah everybody def likes Rick Ross better his "buzz" is HUGE

but Of course Ross has this huge buzz... so his Group album with an already established young up and comer(Wale), where he is featured on Almost every track, has a verse and hook on Both singles. would prove that his almighty buzz is ferocious 
pimp.gif

Once again he's featured on the "song of the summer" five months later he just teetered over a 100k.. 

If it was up to me this Ross/jeezy discussion would be determined off of music alone, but since the rational way of thinking isnt respected in this realm numbers will play a role.

SO once again i ask "How Can ross be a bigger artist, When NOTHING he's done has surpassed Jeezy's equivalent" or is this "buzz" based in the twilight zone... 

Im Basing this off album sales as a total... In which case Jeezy has three platinum albums ross doesnt have any. 

So okay lets say that that doesnt mean anything in terms of selling future records.... Based off Singles in which both came out around the same time of year( Spring 2010), Ross had what ya'll call the biggest single of the year, despite Lose My Mind, Charting higher, Being played just as much in EVERY club i went too, and BEING NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY OFF OF A MIXTAPE.

It would only be logical to say that the man with the song that got played much more, has a MUCH larger fanbase, and had received more recognition for his song... would be the artist with the bigger "buzz" but maybe i'm crazy

ok so lets forget that also lets check the amount of downloads and plays the artist has gotten on their mixtapes... Considering The internet translates to the real world & Ross "Big Buzz" will clearly show there.. Well then we take the artist two biggest mixtapes and view how many downloads they have gotten. Because surely when someone has a buzz there fans of course want to hear the material.

frown.gif
, he only had 200k more people listen to his music, but nah everybody def likes Rick Ross better his "buzz" is HUGE

but Of course Ross has this huge buzz... so his Group album with an already established young up and comer(Wale), where he is featured on Almost every track, has a verse and hook on Both singles. would prove that his almighty buzz is ferocious 
pimp.gif

Once again he's featured on the "song of the summer" five months later he just teetered over a 100k.. 

If it was up to me this Ross/jeezy discussion would be determined off of music alone, but since the rational way of thinking isnt respected in this realm numbers will play a role.

SO once again i ask "How Can ross be a bigger artist, When NOTHING he's done has surpassed Jeezy's equivalent" or is this "buzz" based in the twilight zone... 

^^^When did Lose My Mind come out? How high did "Ballin", "Jizzle", "All White Everything", and "Shake Life" chart?

Ross has way more buzz NOW period. If you wanna talk about Self Made, what actual singles came from there that were huge? Those group/comp
albums never sell well (like Jeezy's Cold Summer album and Triple C's).

Jeezy is the bigger artist overall, but in September 2011, Ross is bigger than Jeezy. And this is coming from somebody who physically bought all
3 Jeezy albums but haven't bought a single Ross album.

^^^When did Lose My Mind come out? How high did "Ballin", "Jizzle", "All White Everything", and "Shake Life" chart?

Ross has way more buzz NOW period. If you wanna talk about Self Made, what actual singles came from there that were huge? Those group/comp
albums never sell well (like Jeezy's Cold Summer album and Triple C's).

Jeezy is the bigger artist overall, but in September 2011, Ross is bigger than Jeezy. And this is coming from somebody who physically bought all
3 Jeezy albums but haven't bought a single Ross album.

Originally Posted by tyisny

frown.gif
I'll bite.

This is silly logic and you clearly have your mind made up but playing by your rules.........

Ashes to Ashes has more DLs/Views than Real is Back 2 on Livemixtapes.
Ashes to Ashes came out on Rick Ross's official website before it hit the mixtape circuit. And a lot of folks DL'd from there considering that's the link he tweeted which had a dirty and clean version for radio DJs.

As you were.

frown.gif
I'll bite.

This is silly logic and you clearly have your mind made up but playing by your rules.........

Ashes to Ashes came out on Rick Ross's official website before it hit the mixtape circuit. And a lot of folks DL'd from there considering that's the link he tweeted which had a dirty and clean version for radio DJs.

As you were.

ummm lose my mind came out a month before B.M.F.... and Ross hasnt had a bigger charting single since so i believe its a perfect comparison. Hell Ross hasnt had a bigger song than "Ballin", since "Aston Martin Music"

And I'ma Boss is on the Self Made album. So i ask again if jeezy ain't hot and hes had more success on the charts than Ross has had over the same exact time period how is Ross at any point bigger. The argument makes no sense.... if we were talkin A guy like Wiz or drake, were bigger i would w/o a doubt agree because the numbers prove it.

But yall are saying Ross is W/o a doubt a bigger artist and EVERY piece of info refutes those claims.

I'll bite. 

As you were.

ummm lose my mind came out a month before B.M.F.... and Ross hasnt had a bigger charting single since so i believe its a perfect comparison. Hell Ross hasnt had a bigger song than "Ballin", since "Aston Martin Music"

And I'ma Boss is on the Self Made album. So i ask again if jeezy ain't hot and hes had more success on the charts than Ross has had over the same exact time period how is Ross at any point bigger. The argument makes no sense.... if we were talkin A guy like Wiz or drake, were bigger i would w/o a doubt agree because the numbers prove it.

But yall are saying Ross is W/o a doubt a bigger artist and EVERY piece of info refutes those claims.

I'll bite. 

As you were.

What pieces of info?

The piece that says Ross has 2 Gold albums and a group album that sold 100K since Jeezy's last time he had a current barcode in stores? Last time son was on the cover of XXL he split a dual cover with Shyne...................Shyne.

What pieces of info?

The piece that says Ross has 2 Gold albums and a group album that sold 100K since Jeezy's last time he had a current barcode in stores? Last time son was on the cover of XXL he split a dual cover with Shyne...................Shyne.

You do know that high charting doesn't always equate to radio spins right? "Lose My Mind" had crazy spins. "Ballin" is getting decent spins, but none of Jeeay's other singles caught on
at all. Ross had 3 legit singles getting crazy spins (BMF, Super High & Aston Martin Music). Now I did forget about "Tupac Back" from Self Made, so you can add that too. I'm really
trying to figure out how you don't think Ross is hotter than Jeezy right now, cause Ross directly cut into Jeezy's buzz leading up to Teflon Don's release. A single Jeezy had more than a
full year ago doesn't make him hot right at this moment. Ross has pretty much been on his grind with hits and he's just been seen everywhere for almost 2 years now. Jeezy had a huge
hit single, went ghost, then bricked 3 of 4 of his next singles.
at this moment. So yes, Ross is hotter than Jeezy at this point. 

You do know that high charting doesn't always equate to radio spins right? "Lose My Mind" had crazy spins. "Ballin" is getting decent spins, but none of Jeeay's other singles caught on
at all. Ross had 3 legit singles getting crazy spins (BMF, Super High & Aston Martin Music). Now I did forget about "Tupac Back" from Self Made, so you can add that too. I'm really
trying to figure out how you don't think Ross is hotter than Jeezy right now, cause Ross directly cut into Jeezy's buzz leading up to Teflon Don's release. A single Jeezy had more than a
full year ago doesn't make him hot right at this moment. Ross has pretty much been on his grind with hits and he's just been seen everywhere for almost 2 years now. Jeezy had a huge
hit single, went ghost, then bricked 3 of 4 of his next singles.
at this moment. So yes, Ross is hotter than Jeezy at this point. 

laugh.gif
I mean we all can clown and slander Jeezy but it don't take much common sense to see what's going on. A couple of folks mentioned it with "label politics" and "sabotage". Ross is Khaled's man. Khaled does not want Jeezy taking that wave Ross got going right now. We all know "Lose My Mind" was it and suddenly it just stopped getting play or whatever. "Ballin" was cool...has Lil Wayne on it and still didn't get a push. "Flexin" should have been pushed harder. The songs ain't the issue. Jeezy gave us 3 solid albums.(2 classics IMO) Dude been one of the few consistent rap dudes in this !#%@ the last few years. At the end of the day I'm sure if the album ever drops Khaled will eat but when Ross eats...Khaled eats VERY WELL.

Back
Top Bottom