young thug... Barter 6 out.

Outside of lollipop, what success did Wayne have in that Lane? He quickly followed that up with a milli... Every thug song that has took off was him doing straight melodies/harmonizing and using multiple flows on a song. He took what Wayne tried to do and mastered it. Wayne melodies weren't as good as thugs. The best Wayne wasn't the one that tries to harmonize it was the sqad up dude who use to kill people's tracks.

Thugga just admitted the other day that he was a big Wayne fan and that's all he listened to.

And yes thugga is better at that sound than Wayne ever was. That sound is why he started falling off

your gonna get no argument from me that squad tape/ dedication 1/ C1/C2 Wayne were his best years... with that said it wasn't until after that era where he became undoubtedly the biggest rapper in the world. from 2006-2009 were his peak years as far as popularity & impact. Interestingly enough that time period is where he also started to heavily experiment with changing the pitch of his voice, using autotune, harmonizing verses etc etc.

& what is the definition of Took Off ?? because thug hasn't had one singulaar song in the same stratosphere of a Lollipop/ can't believe it. Not to mention all of those tracks posted were off of mixtapes that EVERYONE was listening to in that era.. so if we are gonna consider Thug's tracks as taking off, what do you think those Weezy tracks were doing?

Thug has been using this formula for atleast two years now & he isn't even the hottest mumbling, harmonizing ***** out his own city. Wayne used this formula and was arguably the biggest musician on the planet... so how has thug mastered the sound and hasn't seen half of the success on either the pop side/ or the streets/mixtapes

(unless your gonna somehow argue that Thug's Buzz has ever been in any way shape or form comparable to Wayne's mixtape buzz during this era, which in that case this convo could be finished)

Thugga just admitted the other day that he was a big Wayne fan and that's all he listened to.

And yes thugga is better at that sound than Wayne ever was. That sound is why he started falling off

He started falling off because people were comparing him to his former self & their is a considerable drop off from his C1/C2 days too what he morphed into no denying that. However if i'm comparing Wayne's music to Thug's music now i'm still taking the 06-09 versing of Wayne x 100.

This is actually developing another problem that i have with the whole Thug>Weezy thing thats been happening recently.

The same content & formula people called Weezy washed up for has been picked up and done in a less understandable version over new production by Thug and somehow it's hot?

the whole argument just makes no sense... it's literally just a case of people wanting that new itch.... Hence people somehow not checking for 2 Chainz & in the very next breath saying Dolph the hottest in the streets... i meannnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Man thugger 23-24 of course he grew up on Wayne. He's said that's his idle. Y'all really need to stop using this, thugger wants to be Wayne bs. Cause we all know and we don't give a ****.

Dudes just be hopping from trend to trend. One minute this artist is savior then next he's trash & the next artist does his style better. That's all this **** really sound like.

For thug to be bubbling I've really only heard bestfriend & with that in the streets Ike that. If u woulda said thug was about to pop after lifestyle I woulda fully agreed. Now It's like a manufactured bubble everybody on the net want this man to pop but u don't hear it around me. That's not to say it's not going on I just personally haven't seen it.

Last edited:
Who said thugga wanted to be Wayne? Check your comprehension skills....all I said is his sound is what WAYNE FAILED TO ACHIEVE :lol:

Sharpen up child

Man thugger 23-24 of course he grew up on Wayne. He's said that's his idle. Y'all really need to stop using this, thugger wants to be Wayne bs. Cause we all know and we don't give a ****.
Who said thugga wanted to be Wayne? Check your comprehension skills....all I said is his sound is what WAYNE FAILED TO ACHIEVE :lol:

Sharpen up child

Once again wayne sound took him to being the hottest in the streets... to then being the hottest in the world..... Thug isn't even the hottest in his city SO WHAT EXACTLY HAS WAYNE FAILED TO ACHIEVE :lol:

It took Wayne over a decade and to switch his style 4x to become the most popular rapper in the world. That weird harmonizing thing isn't what got him on, it's what got thug on. Danny glover, stoner, lifestyle, best friend, thief in the night all come on the radio or were and I'm not in the south. Wayne can't make a song verses and hook with that sound in 2016 and it takes off. Can't believe it wasn't even his song. Outside of lollipop he really didn't have success with that sound.

I have said many times to friends that Thug sounds like a super exaggerated Wayne. You can tell that he grew up off Wayne and emulated his style and as he grew it got more and more stretched out...

But the thing is Thug is way bigger off this sound then Wayne was. Lollipop was strictly a hit off the fact that people were ready to kill for any song that was officially on the Carter 3. I remember lollipop coming out and people weren't sure what to think of it but the fact that the Carter 3 was REALLY happening had people losing their minds. Thug came on the scene with that sound. And this is purely off different voice inflections that he does, unlike Wayne who was achieving this sound with the help of auto tune. When Wayne's idol proclaimed death of auto-tune, Wayne didn't know what to do. Thug gets disapproval from his idol and gets some goons to shoot up his tour bus.

Random:
Danny Glover > On Fire

Last edited:
When I first heard Thug it was on some Gucci mixtape track, forgot the name but my first impression was what the **** is this trash when I heard Thug's voice 
laugh.gif

Eventually I heard Stoner and I kind of enjoyed it. I think I really started becoming a fan when I listened to 1017 Thug.

When I first heard Thug it was on some Gucci mixtape track, forgot the name but my first impression was what the **** is this trash when I heard Thug's voice :lol:
Eventually I heard Stoner and I kind of enjoyed it. I think I really started becoming a fan when I listened to 1017 Thug.

Pretty much the same. It's like Gucci forced you to listen to thug with how many times he'd have him on a few of his mixtapes.

Then I took a trip to Atl at that time and went to ratchett *** Club Libra/H20 on Gresham for some reason....and heard "Stoner" in person.....and saw the Nae Nae before anybody knew what to call it....and realized the appeal. Came back, and saw Thug in a whole new light. I remember writing off 1017 Thug...then revisiting it after Thug's standout verse on "The intro".....and came to appreciate it a lot.

wavycrocket wavycrocket we disagree on things especially on some things about the whole Thug vs Future debate but I swear me and you are damn near the same person. I'm about 85% sure I was probably in Libra with you that night because I remember my first time seeing the "Nae-Nae" was in that club WHEN that song came on, Stoner. That was the beginning of the whole classifying Thug as a homosexual phase too. 1017 thug was constantly on livemixtapes top downloads too and it was growing on me...

And then Danny Glover dropped :x

I JUST BOUGHT A BENTLEY AND A ***** CAME WIT IT!

Last edited:
wavycrocket wavycrocket we disagree on things especially on some things about the whole Thug vs Future debate but I swear me and you are damn near the same person. I'm about 85% sure I was probably in Libra with you that night because I remember my first time seeing the "Nae-Nae" was in that club WHEN that song came on, Stoner. That was the beginning of the whole classifying Thug as a homosexual phase too. 1017 thug was constantly on livemixtapes top downloads too and it was growing on me...

And then Danny Glover dropped :x

I JUST BOUGHT A BENTLEY AND A ***** CAME WIT IT!

:lol: that's real man. We had to have run into each other a few times in these ATL streets mane. We gon disagree on the thug/future thing...but other than that, it's all luv.

It was crazy to see the Nae Nae naturally spring from stoner. I'm in the Libra, on the center stage....and I keep seeing everybody swaying and getting turnt to stoner. I'm like, the hell is this? Low key kinda dope :lol:. They weren't flagrant with it or nothing too. Just a real chill sway.

It's a different experience when you hear the records in their initial settings before they break national nationwide....and see how the locals love certain tracks. Makes you appreciate the track even more.

I have said many times to friends that Thug sounds like a super exaggerated Wayne. You can tell that he grew up off Wayne and emulated his style and as he grew it got more and more stretched out...

But the thing is Thug is way bigger off this sound then Wayne was. Lollipop was strictly a hit off the fact that people were ready to kill for any song that was officially on the Carter 3. I remember lollipop coming out and people weren't sure what to think of it but the fact that the Carter 3 was REALLY happening had people losing their minds. Thug came on the scene with that sound. And this is purely off different voice inflections that he does, unlike Wayne who was achieving this sound with the help of auto tune. When Wayne's idol proclaimed death of auto-tune, Wayne didn't know what to do. Thug gets disapproval from his idol and gets some goons to shoot up his tour bus.

Random:
Danny Glover > On Fire

I see where your coming from but their's A lot of revisionist history going on in this thread C2/ dipset era wayne was already hot and that was mostly due to just bars. But once he went full on "Alien" and experimenting with his sound is when reached that untouchable status in the eyes of fans. A lot of the hype around carter 3 came strictly off of what wayne was doing on the mixtapes.

And on those mixtapes he was heavily infusing melody & harmonizing/mumbling into his music, and people were eating it up. I vividly remember the impact that this style had on his popularity because many of his core fans started up the "lil Wayne is trash now" bandwagon and started to dislike him because he deviated from straight bars. With that said the era where he started this style directly correlates with him transitioning from good rapper to superstar.

Also considering No Ceilings dropped after DOA and many consider that his peak (I Wholeheartedly disagree BTW) i dont see how he didn't know what to do.

All this is to say ya'll enjoy Thug cool, but the statements about him "mastering" a sound that Wayne started & had MUCH more success with just sounds extremely stanish

Danny glover, stoner, lifestyle, best friend, thief in the night all come on the radio or were and I'm not in the south.

If this is what we going on as far as songs taking off then i can't even see how Thug having more success with this sound is even a debate. you just listed 4 songs, the ONLY one that an average hiphop fan would know is Lifestyle

I'm not saying son is a superstar but once your music starts getting play on Midwest radio, u not Mr. Local docal. Point is Wayne had 1 song where he used that style that worked for him, thug had like 5. And please, the average person who goes to clubs every once in a while or listens to the radio knows what stoner and Danny glover is. All the top dogs in the industry was vouch in for Danny glover.

Young Ralph trying to reinvent himself as "Juggman" :lol:. Ralph is my guy. Seen him perform live once at the atrium. He was turnt. Ralph used to kill say beats. Thug looking out for his Cleavland ave guy.

Young Ralph trying to reinvent himself as "Juggman" :lol:. Ralph is my guy. Seen him perform live once at the atrium. He was turnt. Ralph used to kill say beats. Thug looking out for his Cleavland ave guy.
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Ralph should've did that in 2010. Thug been trynna help him out since he been on but it ain't happening. Use to be my guy back in like 08

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Ralph should've did that in 2010. Thug been trynna help him out since he been on but it ain't happening. Use to be my guy back in like 08

Yeah, he shoulda made the transition. Ralph seem like an old head now 4real :lol:. Maybe it might work. Bankroll Fresh reinvented himself. Ralph maybe can too. I see he got the video and track with Fetty. Feel like his verse on "Bricks" is under appreciated. Ralph on "Imma ride" though :x :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom