young thug... Barter 6 out.

I don't really see Thug blowing up in the mainstream like that. I think he'll continue having a relatively small but cult-like following.

Idk if y'all ever browse the KanyeToThe forums but the Thugger thread there is 27000 pages. No exaggeration when I say cult-like following.

His voice is an acquired taste to say the least and there's still so many homophobes out there that won't even give his music a chance just because they perceive him as gay.

Last edited:
At the same time I understand what lamekilla is saying too. It's dudes saying WATTBA is better then bm or 56 like what? A dude said gucci was done after state vs radric Davis... ***** are u serious? We don't even count that when we talking about gucci classics. Let son had been popular when trap back, trap god, I'm up dropped, they would've been yelling gucci back.

Still, it's not even thug being popular with me. I just feel like the Kanye and Drake has the worse fans in music. The same thing Drake fans did to future, ye fans gonna do to thug, maybe even worse.
You feel me? Its the dudes that don't have a strong hold on Future's discography that rustle my jimmies. Like you aren't qualified to even enter this convo if you have anything negative to say about Gucci and half of this board only knows Gucci from "Lemonade" and "Stupid Wild" 
eyes.gif
 Start talkin about real classics like "First Day Out" or "Star status" and people won't know what you're talking bout 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I don't really see Thug blowing up in the mainstream like that. I think he'll continue having a relatively small but cult-like following.

Idk if y'all ever browse the KanyeToThe forums but the Thugger thread there is 27000 pages. No exaggeration when I say cult-like following.

His voice is an acquired taste to say the least and there's still so many homophobes out there that won't even give his music a chance just because they perceive him as gay.
All the reason why I want him to succeed with mainstream and I know he will. Thug won't conform but mainstream always take notice when someone like thug has a large cult-following. All it takes is a "kanye" or "drake" to proclaim Thug is next up and this thread will be thousands of pages as well and it seems as though its happening slowly yet surely. I mean Lyor is backing him, we all know how he gets down....

East Atlanta slums, ***** ***** where we at!!!!  

Gucci has been grooming his heir apparent....even behind bars 

By the way, y'all heard Longway's new album yet? Mr. Blue Benjamin

Just downloaded though it's only a stream-rip version. No CDQ out yet.

PM me if you need a link

Last edited:
talking like thug not tryna broaden his sound and fanbase working with kanye

but I know, somehow it's different

and sway complimented thugs fashion sense and that's when I knew sway was coddling that boy

thug stopped being "for the streets" once he gave his soul to lyor

he's obviously tryna branch out, stop the nonsense

thug has good music but I don't support none of the goofy ****

If these are the same Kanye and Thug tracks they been talking about since 2013 they prolly never seeing the light of day :lol:

Future still got the streets. Y'all wilding if you think he's not the #1 street artist right now. Purple Reign is right up there with Monster/56 Nights/Beast Mode. And is right there in terms of quality and content. Future has learned his lesson from going pop when he did so around honest. He was really chasing that. Yall can't say Future is chasing that lane at all this time when he just dropped 4 street mixtapes, a street album and a collabo album with drake in a calendar year. WATTBA was Drake coming to him. Not the other way around. He followed that up with Purple Reign. Which should put all these silly questions about Future to doubt. So no, Future didn't go no damn Hollywood.

Thug got momentum. He got the clubs and the streets at a more ground level. What's next for thug blowing up is the hipsters loving him even more. And another cosign. He's in a great space....but won't be as big as some of you think....and he also won't fail. Right now, thug is big on the Internet...and in southern clubs. Best friend is blowing up though. Crazy how the radio is JUST catching on :lol:. He's yet to have an impact on the charts by himself yet. The next step is for best friend and thief in the night and stuff to get that regular radio rotation like lifestyle did. Thug is gearing up for a big 2016.

Really surprised that "Good times" Jamie XX + Thug & Popocan isn't a bigger single. That's such a good song...with broad appeal. Top 40 song for sure.

Last edited:
I Vividly remember cats telling me that Thug was next up, & claiming how he had taken futures lane when future was going through his "cold" period... fast forward a year later Future has made every dude he birthed in that lane obsolete & now dudes is talkin bout wait & see. he's gonna blow :smh:

But then again this is the era where cats will tell you Wayne is biting Thug so :smh:

Ppl who think Future & Thug can't have their own lanes weren't exactly wrong, he got outshined.

Can it happen again? Yup

Thug ain't been obsolete since Rich Gang da hell is u talking bout

On Wayne's single Grindin he definitely bit Thug

I Vividly remember cats telling me that Thug was next up, & claiming how he had taken futures lane when future was going through his "cold" period... fast forward a year later Future has made every dude he birthed in that lane obsolete & now dudes is talkin bout wait & see. he's gonna blow :smh:

But then again this is the era where cats will tell you Wayne is biting Thug so :smh:

Wayne def bit thug on a few tracks :lol:. The teacher can bite the student. It can happen.

Everything that thug is right now is what Wayne was going for when he tried that weird ****.

Everything that thug is right now is what Wayne was going for when he tried that weird ****.

Thug wouldn't have even gotten past a few WSHH vids if Wayne didn't carve out that Niche... He is 100% responsible for better or worse :rolleyes, for making it cool to be a rapper with street content that looks like he rolled straight out of a punk rock Vid, Openly experimenting and selling the image of the "druggy" rapper.

Also in what World are you living in where wayne trying "weird ****" didn't work. Even before Rebirth and all the other **** towards the tail end of his run Wayne had the WORLD in his palm with this sound

Prostitute Fling
I Feel Like Dying
hell Even Lollipop

Thug is literally a caricature of one of wayne's various styles. For Christ sakes the ****** names his albums after the man... & yet somehow someway your telling me that what thug is doing now is what Wayne was trying to accomplish??

Please enlighten me on what exactly Thug is doing now that Wayne hasn't accomplished many times over??

Thug wouldn't have even gotten past a few WSHH vids if Wayne didn't carve out that Niche... He is 100% responsible for better or worse :rolleyes, for making it cool to be a rapper with street content that looks like he rolled straight out of a punk rock Vid, Openly experimenting and selling the image of the "druggy" rapper.

Also in what World are you living in where wayne trying "weird ****" didn't work. Even before Rebirth and all the other **** towards the tail end of his run Wayne had the WORLD in his palm with this sound

Prostitute Fling
I Feel Like Dying
hell Even Lollipop

Thug is literally a caricature of one of wayne's various styles. For Christ sakes the ****** names his albums after the man... & yet somehow someway your telling me that what thug is doing now is what Wayne was trying to accomplish??

Please enlighten me on what exactly Thug is doing now that Wayne hasn't accomplished many times over??

Wayne wasn't even on that punk **** until he started rocking with Dipset and ain't even try making something experimental until 808s and Heartbreak dropped

The funny thing is Thug used to rap exactly like Wayne and didn't blow up until he got his own flow and sound

Wayne still ain't drop a good project in this decade

100% accurate.

Thugga perfected the sound Wayne was trying to go for when he started all that singing ****.
Dudes ain't trynna hear it tho cuz Wayne been rapping forever. The exact thing thug is doing now is what Wayne was going for when he stopped being this punchline punchline punchline rapper but he fell flat on his face mid transition.

Thug is an admitted Wayne stan. Use to try to sound just like dude, but he took the blueprint and mastered it.

Dudes ain't trynna hear it tho cuz Wayne been rapping forever. The exact thing thug is doing now is what Wayne was going for when he stopped being this punchline punchline punchline rapper but he fell flat on his face mid transition.

Fell flat on his face?? Wayne was singing & harmonizing on tracks when he was undisputed hottest rapper on the planet for about 2-3 years. not to mention that he was making HIT records using this formula (Lollipop might be his biggest song ever & its completely him mumbling the entire track), so once again how is he mastering the sound if he's still trying to breakthrough, meanwhile Wayne has legit HITS & Mixtape classics using this style?

there's literally dozens of songs where wayne is using this cadence and style... and the majority are fire. Thug is Literally doing the SAME exact thing in an even less understandable way, over trap instrumentals.

I'm not gonna fault him for taking a style because unfortunately that's rap nowadays, but i'm not gonna sit hear and let people tell me that Thug is mastering Weezy's sound. Hell Future has a better chance at claiming that the Thug

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom