⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowkey feel bad for Arsenal fans at this point. Selling Ox, Mustafi, not starting Laca. Wenger really has lost it. Might as well sell off Giroud and Alexis at this point and give the U23 guys a run this year to maybe build for the future because as it stands now, there's no way I see them winning the 4th place trophy.

Reminds me, saw a 'Wenger Out' sign at the MLS/Real game this summer and had to laugh.

lol some of the posts in here.

we aren't selling Coutinho. we're buying all these players anyway :emoji_grimacing:

mwhuhuhaaahahahahaaaaaa :emoji_grimacing:

looks like we've gone all in for Lemar instead of competing with Chelsea for the unlikely deal of Ox. Liverpool and Arsenal do not do business so that deal was always basically impossible.

Lemar a much better player.

Very nervous here.

we might not get coutinho...im not holding my breath but the possibility of 2 more players got me thinking.
i only see us getting one more or maybe bartomeu might pull out all the stops to try and secure his job.

give me seri and i would be happy.

Yeah there's been animosity between Liverpool and Arsenal since the whole 40m + 1.00 fiasco a few years ago

Yeah there's been animosity between Liverpool and Arsenal since the whole 40m + 1.00 fiasco a few years ago

Yes, 100%. and believe it or not, the 2 clubs have had an official embargo in place since the mid 90s. Arsenal attempted to break that embargo in 2013. no player will ever transfer between Liverpool and Arsenal or vice versa ever again. they barely did historically. only 2 or 3 players. i cannot stress how much the 2 clubs hate eachother.

Mou needs to take advantage of Arsenes delirious spell and put in a cheeky big money bid for Alexis

The no.7 shirt is still waiting for a suitable heir...
there isn't a good reason not to.

he should go to italy.

KDB on his modified role he has played a majority of last year and excelled overall to this year.

I haven't scored yet, but I'm playing as a defending midfielder. My role changed, but my games are good. I know what I bring to the team and what my role is. No one knows what I had to do. People think I play as an attacking midfielder, that's wrong. They see Kevin De Bruyne, attacking midfielder so he has to score and give assists. But they don't look beyond that.

He is definitely becoming slightly more box to box under Pep instead of an out and out attacking mid but not because of defensive abilities but because he has the best passing range of any of our midfielders specifically passing long and is pretty good at cutting of passes. He drops deep and can spread the ball anywhere short and long really making the offense a bit more fluid. Only thing that could make it more fluid is a true DM who can move it faster than Fernadinho which I think Yaya is but his age holds him back not sure how many games we can get out of him and I believe Gundam Wing is capable of because he has the ability but he isn't a true DM he is a CM.

Overall given KDB's quote's he really seems to be embracing this modified role and becoming a more complete midfielder.

they analyze his play in this role from the game this weekend. I marked around where they start talking about it

Random but just saw this. That dummy :pimp: :pimp:

Don't really care about ox leaving. If he goes and finally learns how to cross and finish, then I'll care :lol:. He's almost on Jesus navas level of crossing

I know it won't happen, but I'd love if RM sold Bale and scooped up Alexis.

El Clasico would be even more lit

Yea 9 goals in 6 years definitely isn't that good a look but I think he'll be a good fit for Conte personnel wise

Chelsea had to add some depth for their CL campaign

Ox fits into Conte's system too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom