⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been nice to see Dybala and Messi at Barcelona together. Can you imagine what they would look like in Russia if they had a year to gel with each other?

Also, keep Higuain away.

I'm surprised that Barcelona didn't seriously pursue Dybala. Their logic was probably that getting BVB and Liverpool to sell would be easier than Juve.

well coutinho was going to be used in midfield and as a winger...his versatility is what attracted us.
dembele would fit in to that wing spot seamlessly
dybala is more of a cf st...i guess barca didn't think he fit.

i kind of agree but i still want dybala...

barca in a 4-3-1-2 with dybala and suarez up front would be magic.

Tot and pool being slept on too much in this thread

City spuds pool and united in my top 4.. Chelsea needs more players imo

RM is very strict with their wage structure, with respect to things like seniority and not bringing in a single player that can disrupt their model and lead to everyone else making demands for increases. it's part of their culture of putting football over money, and helps them to get the best players despite having no oligarch or in this case country sitting on oil backing them.

Yo where the fact that Real Madrid pays the highest salaries in the world fit into this home cooked take. :lol:

I'm sorry but we Barcelona/Real fans can not point to oil, state, or oligarch money and cry disadvantage.

Rea Madrid gets the best players because they can and do out spend anyone, not because of some false stoic philosophy.

yeah let's not act like real madrid don't buy the best players and then try and make them fit later...

they are even shooting their shot at dembele

well coutinho was going to be used in midfield and as a winger...his versatility is what attracted us.
dembele would fit in to that wing spot seamlessly
dybala is more of a cf st...i guess barca didn't think he fit.

i kind of agree but i still want dybala...

barca in a 4-3-1-2 with dybala and suarez up front would be magic.

Bruh, Dybala and Suarez in front is scary af

You guys need to chill with the Real Madrid slander.

Real Madrid doesn't overspend

Real Madrid doesn't make mistakes.

Every move they make is made with razor sharp precision.

Perfection, if you will.

Real Madrid plays chess, everyone else is playing checkers.

This is Real Madrid's world, the rest of us are just living in it.

You guys need to chill with the Real Madrid slander.

Real Madrid doesn't overspend

Real Madrid doesn't make mistakes.

Every move they make is made with razor sharp precision.

Perfection, if you will.

Real Madrid plays chess, everyone else is playing checkers.

This is Real Madrid's world, the rest of us are just living in it.
as long as you know

I like the self restraint they shown since the James transfer

Last edited:
1. City
2. Arsenal (if we keep Alexis)
3. Spurs
4. Liverpool (if they lose Coutinho)
5. Chelsea (someone will get injured)
6. United (same as last year)

mbappe to psg is apparently done... will be announced by aug 31st

Seeing a lot of salt online from fans of the Big 2 Spanish clubs :lol:

'Qatar Saint Germain' is ruining the game according to them :rofl:

Lowkey hoping they do sign Mbappe for the meltdowns.

Dudes are looking to make some serious noise in Europe finally,it's exciting to see from afar

PSG's been coming off the Brinks trucks this summer,they've got Brinks cargo jets now probably made of gold

Dog. The amount of money spent by 1 club this summer.

Paris gives ZERO damns about FFP

The tears on twitter are h i l a r i o u s

giphy.gif

Count it up!

Yo where the fact that Real Madrid pays the highest salaries in the world fit into this home cooked take

Not sure where to start with the logical fallacy and misinformation here.

RM were 4th in wages for last season, behind Barca and the 2 Manchester clubs.

Also they do have a strict wage structure and players, especially less senior ones, can get bigger offers elsewhere yet still stay. If you have an issue with this claim then you have an issue with the Columbia business professor who went behind the scenes and wrote a book on it while you sit at home and type out your gut feelings, hunches, and opinions. Not peer-reviewed facts. But I guess we do live in the alternative facts era so....

RM has the money it has at its disposal due to decades of great business and innovation, same with Barca. Comparing money that a club earned through building to be able to afford to pay players, to oil money (that should go toward bettering a state but thats a different point altogether) is a false equivalency.

mastamind89 mastamind89 , anyone else into fantasy; have you guy's messed with Togga??

My buddies and I just had our draft for this season, last year was our first with Togga. It was a little rough around the edges at the start, but they'd correct any mistakes made pretty quickly. Im assuming with a year under their belt it'll be smoother this season. Even with the occasional mistake here and there we still had no doubt we'd be using Togga again

And note I even don't have an issue with corporate for-profit clubs, i.e. the Glazer's United, Kroenke's Arsenal, and Fenway Sports Group's Liverpool. Because they still have to actually run the club well in order to attract fans and get rewarded with money to make moves.

But oil money is a whole different issue.

And no I'm not salty about M'bappe and haven't went on twitter to see the meltdowns and whatever. If he chooses PSG then dude is still a dope player and I'll still root for him. He's French, PSG the capitol's team, and they're offering a starting spot and more money, along with phase 2.0 of their exciting project with Neymar. And RM will continue to flourish and still have a bag for a galactico.

My concern with oil money isn't what's going on right now. It's awesome for United to have a hometown rival, it's great that the city of Paris has a good football club that a city such as itself deserves (and can help to improve the entire league in France,) and awesome for the city of London to have a club actually doing things because Arsenal have went full beta the last decade.

My concern is where things can trend in the future. That Neymar and M'bappe can be the beginning of a trend.

Gotta pay to play in 2017

Tbh the issue isn't really the fact that Paris is paying it. The issue is what these players are being evaluated for at a $ amount.

There will always be someone who will come along with deep pockets who can pay whatever fee you slap on a players head.

And there's always a workaround to rules/restrictions.

Everyone thought United ruined football, and now it's PSG. But the selling clubs were the greedy bastards who named the price. Can't be mad at someone for being "even greedier" and spending on what they want.

Sports in general are changing. Money is abundant everywhere. Look at these "Super Max" NBA contracts.

Madrid got buyout clauses in the billions. They're there for more than just scaring off other teams. It's a price tag.

Blame the store, not the customer

Not sure where to start with the logical fallacy and misinformation here.

RM were 4th in wages for last season, behind Barca and the 2 Manchester clubs.

Also they do have a strict wage structure and players, especially less senior ones, can get bigger offers elsewhere yet still stay. If you have an issue with this claim then you have an issue with the Columbia business professor who went behind the scenes and wrote a book on it while you sit at home and type out your gut feelings, hunches, and opinions. Not peer-reviewed facts. But I guess we do live in the alternative facts era so....

RM has the money it has at its disposal due to decades of great business and innovation, same with Barca. Comparing money that a club earned through building to be able to afford to pay players, to oil money (that should go toward bettering a state but thats a different point altogether) is a false equivalency.

It's amazing to me how you couldn't see that accusing me of committing a logical fallacy, only to then immediately follow up with one of the more gross appeals to authority (a blatant logical fallacy), was really really stupid. :lol:

Whoever it was who called you out a week or two ago for reading that RM book and all of a sudden talking to everybody with a faux sense of superiority was SPOT ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom