⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys need to chill with the Real Madrid slander.

Real Madrid doesn't overspend

Real Madrid doesn't make mistakes.

Every move they make is made with razor sharp precision.

Perfection, if you will.

Real Madrid plays chess, everyone else is playing checkers.

This is Real Madrid's world, the rest of us are just living in it.
lmao... flyeed and his smug humble bragging for months now.

The buyout clauses in RM players contracts are there because they're mandatory in Spain, and they're not necessarily to scare off potential suitors but a if you want to buy this player you're going to have to sit down and negotiate it with us.

Ie Bale, Benz, and CR7 with around $1b buyouts

Madrid got them trophies and a successful history that attract players. I ain't mad at that.

PSG got them bands. Can't be mad at that.

However you pull em, get it how you live

Dog. The amount of money spent by 1 club this summer.

Paris gives ZERO damns about FFP

The tears on twitter are h i l a r i o u s

giphy.gif

Count it up!

Repped for the gif

Gotta pay to play in 2017

Tbh the issue isn't really the fact that Paris is paying it. The issue is what these players are being evaluated for at a $ amount.

There will always be someone who will come along with deep pockets who can pay whatever fee you slap on a players head.

And there's always a workaround to rules/restrictions.

Everyone thought United ruined football, and now it's PSG. But the selling clubs were the greedy bastards who named the price. Can't be mad at someone for being "even greedier" and spending on what they want.

Sports in general are changing. Money is abundant everywhere. Look at these "Super Max" NBA contracts.

Madrid got buyout clauses in the billions. They're there for more than just scaring off other teams. It's a price tag.

Blame the store, not the customer

Let's just call it the Neymar effect from now on.

The buyout clauses in RM players contracts are there because they're mandatory in Spain, and they're not necessarily to scare off potential suitors but a if you want to buy this player you're going to have to sit down and negotiate it with us.

Ie Bale, Benz, and CR7 with around $1b buyouts

Yeah, but WHY are they around $1b tho? :lol:

Nobody said they HAD to be that high. It's a tactic they use to A) scare off potential suitors and B) cash out if anyone balls up to the price

Like 45 on a unproven Brazilian teenager?

They'll at the very minimum make this back with ease. At best save €150m. They were able to make this move in the first place by being good enough now that they can allocate funds for future talent, and not being wasteful to have the money on deck in the first place.

Yeah, but WHY are they around $1b tho? :lol:

Nobody said they HAD to be that high. It's a tactic they use to A) scare off potential suitors and B) cash out if anyone balls up to the price

Most likely C) if you want said player you have to negotiate a fee with us, unlike Barca slipping up and thinking nobody would ever pay Neymar's fee and emasculate them (which I'm on the record as saying I think it'll work out for Barca, but if you look at the club and its fans that's how they feel.)

You can negotiate a fee with the club that isn't necessarily the buyout clause. *smug alert* RM has actually negotiated 2 over the summer where they as a gesture of good faith paid more than the buyout (Ceballos and Hernandez.)

If PSG get Mbappe after Neymar, and Barca drop 100+ on dembele, who is the next big potential transfer next summer?

Hazard? Dybala?

I guess the World Cup will attract a few new updated contracts/clauses

If PSG get Mbappe after Neymar, and Barca drop 100+ on dembele, who is the next big potential transfer next summer?

Hazard? Dybala?

I guess the World Cup will attract a few new updated contracts/clauses

I say Dybala and Coutinho if they ball out. (Assuming they don't move this year)

Most likely C) if you want said player you have to negotiate a fee with us, unlike Barca slipping up and thinking nobody would ever pay Neymar's fee and emasculate them (which I'm on the record as saying I think it'll work out for Barca, but if you look at the club and its fans that's how they feel.)

You can negotiate a fee with the club that isn't necessarily the buyout clause. *smug alert* RM has actually negotiated 2 over the summer where they as a gesture of good faith paid more than the buyout (Ceballos and Hernandez.)

A billion tho fam?

That ain't overkill?

We can negotiate without the $1b valuation

I'm not knocking Madrid cause these last 2 seasons have lowkey made me a supporter of them going for a 3 peat. Plus Ronnie the king of the north and the one true king, heir to the iron throne.

But them clauses tho...

But like I said, get it how you live. I'm not mad at the clauses one bit. Clearly PSG ain't got an issue with them either :lol:

My view on madrids clauses were to ward off anyone trying to attract players away who are still well within their contracts. If it's open to negotiation, that's cool. James is going for well below his clause. This keeps young primed players at Madrid and adds to the clubs prestige. Which is cool.

My point of view is, he selling club can't be salty when someone drops a case of money at their front door and start trying to sabotage a deal. *cough cough*

I'm not sure wtf RM is gunna do with all that money just sitting there now?

DDG? :nerd::lol:

Madrid should have should signed Mbappe as a yute, you had him camping there every summer :smh:

Last edited:
Honestly those clauses might as well be a trillion, the point is if you want one of those players you have to agree to a fee.

Asensio is renegotiating a contract with a buyout that will actually be realistic though. Which is what I would do in his situation. Put pressure on the club to keep you happy. I'm assuming the tradeoff to get the affordable buyout is lower wages upfront though.

Not gonna do a pyramid post so if everyone here can divert their attention to Trey's post a while back on RM's "precision and perfection" that'll solve any and all further question on that matter.

Thank You and continue to have a wonderful day here at Niketalk's Footy Thread

Honestly those clauses might as well be a trillion, the point is if you want one of those players you have to agree to a fee.

But isn't that what a normal transfer is?

A negotiation of fee? That can be rejected, despite the players wishes?

Clauses kinda contradict the whole premise of a transfer negotiation. It's basically "if he wants to leave, and you got the money, he's yours- no negotiation"

But Madrid use clauses as a means to do what other leagues do... without clauses?

Bruh la Liga confusing af

I would have liked to see Mbappe go to Madrid tho. Need more melanin

Yes that's the point it's to circumvent the fact that La Liga makes the buyout clause mandatory.

But I'm sure the players agent only agrees to such a deal if they feel the player is being well-compensated. I'd think the alternative the club would offer to a player who wanted a realistic buyout would be a lower wage. Just my guess though.

I wouldn't be surprised to still see M'bappe in RM one day when Buggsy is ready to pass the torch. It would just be for a lot more money than it would have been this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom