⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that Lyon game. That one I absolutely believe was rigged.
1631828168251.png

Was listening to World Soccer Talk podcast, they made some good points about the PL bidding rights. Aside from NBC, majority of other networks will put them on their streaming service, almost exclusively. Look at ESPN+ with La Liga and Bundesliga. Plus, would the PL want to be on a platform that has La Liga and Bundesliga rights.

I didn’t know that NBC is going to dead NBCSN. Apparently neither did the PL, grimey :lol:. NBC was complaining about the rights being $1.5 billion, they’re going for at least $2 billion now. I do love being able to wake up and turn the TV on to a match. And traveling to a city and being able to catch a game at a bar. It’s more than just nostalgia, that’s the culture. NBC is stingy with sports, they have trouble holding onto rights. They want to be able to at least break even, and if that’s not the case, it seems that it’s not worth the investment. Meanwhile, other networks are trying to expand their footy portfolio.

Still think Greenwood's future is at the 9

CR MG Sancho is your starting front 3, Rashford, Cavani & Martial rotate in

He’s a way better inverted forward at the moment, he’s best when facing up the fullback attacking the space since they have no clue where he’s going and can get his shot off quick. Would be wasted in the middle now but could see him doing an RVP, moving there in a few years.

Ronaldo doing no type of work when we don’t have the ball and isn’t beating anybody from out wide when we do have the ball so his best spot is through the middle trying to get in behind. Rashford CR7 and whoever is in form between Sancho and Greenwood.

Madridistas, what are your thoughts on Carlo moving Alaba from LB to CB and then having Nacho deputize at LB?

I actually liked it. The partnership that Nacho and Militao had last year wasn’t as effective this season. Nacho had seemed more prone to mistakes and less focused. Maybe getting paid has something to do with it, who knows. And it seems like it helps to have experience and leadership in the middle more than on the wing in defense.

Madridistas, what are your thoughts on Carlo moving Alaba from LB to CB and then having Nacho deputize at LB?

I actually liked it. The partnership that Nacho and Militao had last year wasn’t as effective this season. Nacho had seemed more prone to mistakes and less focused. Maybe getting paid has something to do with it, who knows. And it seems like it helps to have experience and leadership in the middle more than on the wing in defense.
For big matches it's good for defensive solidity, against weaker sides I rather see him on the bench and Miguel playing, because he adds a lot to the offense. And once Mendy is healthy this is all moot.

How? Fans dropped 'x amount' for a mid week Champions League game, and might not have the funds or care for regular EPL game against SH. Players will be tired, but will feed off of the fans energy if they (more) show up.

What am I missing?

Was listening to World Soccer Talk podcast, they made some good points about the PL bidding rights. Aside from NBC, majority of other networks will put them on their streaming service, almost exclusively. Look at ESPN+ with La Liga and Bundesliga. Plus, would the PL want to be on a platform that has La Liga and Bundesliga rights.

I didn’t know that NBC is going to dead NBCSN. Apparently neither did the PL, grimey :lol:. NBC was complaining about the rights being $1.5 billion, they’re going for at least $2 billion now. I do love being able to wake up and turn the TV on to a match. And traveling to a city and being able to catch a game at a bar. It’s more than just nostalgia, that’s the culture. NBC is stingy with sports, they have trouble holding onto rights. They want to be able to at least break even, and if that’s not the case, it seems that it’s not worth the investment. Meanwhile, other networks are trying to expand their footy portfolio.
I remember NBAonNBC, goat status. The theme music, Marv Albert, Bob Costas, Ahmad Rashad and Mike Fratello.

NBC has fallen off.

How? Fans dropped 'x amount' for a mid week Champions League game, and might not have the funds or care for regular EPL game against SH. Players will be tired, but will feed off of the fans energy if they (more) show up.

What am I missing?
They’re a successful title-winning club that has to beg for fans to show up
City’s stadium is usually mocked as the ‘Emptyhad’ because of the disparity between their attendence compared to other clubs, especially given their huge success.

their fans aren't used to being there on tues/wed. you can argue they still have a smaller club mentality. comes from decades of being in the red shadow of ManU

I wonder what Ole’s leash is in general…. 🤔

1631877463747.png

1631877768168.png

If I’m a serious club I go after Zidane. He’d also help Pogba stay too. Win-win, is it not?🤷

I wonder what Ole’s leash is in general…. 🤔

1631877463747.png

1631877768168.png

If I’m a serious club I go after Zidane. He’d also help Pogba stay too. Win-win, is it not?🤷

psg should be letting poch go and bringing zidane in asap. I just don't think poch can manage all those personalities like zidane could. would also strengthen the chances of possibly keeping mbappe

It is a tough decision to pick between Sancho + Rash + Greenwood. But im sure Ole can rotate accordingly. I think Greenwood has a very high ceiling and almost needs to play a lot.

The pep thing is funny. I see it the same way rolaholic rolaholic does. Dude is used to huge historical teams. He has won trophies for city and looks around and is like wth where is everyone.

Might have found my one jersey to buy this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom