🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

the article didn't really shed light on anything we didn't know or couldn't infer, almost seemed like some propaganda haha, and again it is that Maadi guy

it's like all you gotta do is turn your brain on for 2 secs

nothing can happen now.. everyone on the team is going be away from the team

it's like all you gotta do is turn your brain on for 2 secs

nothing can happen now.. everyone on the team is going be away from the team
Right but if keeping Doug is the difference between keeping a franchise QB and giving him away so he can win MVP on your head? Lol

The sooner the team knows the better. The good GM/HCs could be gone quickly with these openings being more attractive than recent memory

It's like the article with the earth shattering headline "Carson doesn't wanna be a backup and wants a trade if he won't be a starter." Uh no **** bruh. Teddy Bridgewater left New Orleans bc he felt he was talented enough to be a starter. Imagine if teddy got an offer to start elsewhere and he was like nahhhhh I'd rather watch Brees from the sideline. They'd say he's a loser

Right but if keeping Doug is the difference between keeping a franchise QB and giving him away so he can win MVP on your head? Lol

The sooner the team knows the better. The good GM/HCs could be gone quickly with these openings being more attractive than recent memory

i mean i think both should happen.. not give away, but trade.. AND move on from doug and howie

but i think based on what i've read wentz still has believers, which i dont blame those people

i just think at this point we have created a mess.. hurts did well enough that no matter what wentz does he'll have to focus on BS.. and at this point i'd rather do dude a solid and let him get a fresh start with the mess

but realistically, i think we should trade wentz.. let howie clean up his mess with controls in place on how much he can tie the teams hands (and cap kinda forces that).. and doug gets a year with a mess he advocated for

and then either we have soemthing in hurts.. or we're looking at the draft for a QB next year

It’s tough because Wentz is a franchise QB but the team is so bad you have to trade him to rebuild the roster

Do I think Wentz would struggle next year if his weapons outside are Chase, Reag, Fulgham w Miles and Goedert. Absolutely not

Would Hurts struggle with those same weapons, possibly and the team needs to decide that

It’s tough because Wentz is a franchise QB but the team is so bad you have to trade him to rebuild the roster

Do I think Wentz would struggle next year if his weapons outside are Chase, Reag, Fulgham w Miles and Goedert. Absolutely not

Would Hurts struggle with those same weapons, possibly and the team needs to decide that

i dont actually think we're that far off..

now, i would think that we were alot closer with a new coach who could structure things more for wentz.. like arthur smith, brian daboll or maybe joe judge

but we have pieces.. on defense we have a good corner and a good dline.. and now we might have found A lb

i think on offense things could make alot more sense with consistency.. like malaita looks great at tackle.. hopefully we get the right side back

losing ertz sucks, but we have goedert.. hopefully get more creative with reagor and get either of certain WRs

i mean last season did happen.. we just gotta clean house of clearly useless guys

but if we go with hurts, we gotta hope.. but if it goes bad, i guess we're looking at college QBs.. but then again we were/are hoping a new coach would come in with wentz which is a whole other can of worms for wentz beyond the football field

Lol why trade your franchise QB tho ? When the rookie QB was subbed in and struggle just as much besides the AZ game . I can’t wait till they trade Wentz & he end up torturing us for years to come

Gun to my head, I’m choosing Wentz

if we were in a normal sports city, i'd completely agree

but as we are seeing, aint easy playing in philly.. i mean literally folks still talking about foles while he got benched in chicago

i dont think much of hurts, but he is better than i thought.. that doesnt make him great or on wentz level.. but i assume howie and doug survive and they made this bed

I can’t wait till they trade Wentz & he end up torturing us for years to come

that's why indy makes so much sense.. least he's out of conference.. just sucks we'd see frank and wentz do well elsewhere, but at least we can pull for em while we wait for doug and howie to get fired

Lol why trade your franchise QB tho ? When the rookie QB was subbed in and struggle just as much besides the AZ game . I can’t wait till they trade Wentz & he end up torturing us for years to come
I mean I wouldn’t do it. But knowing you can get a 1st now to add differences makers when you team sucks lol

We should just fire Doug and Howie and convert Hurts to WR so he can take Ward role lol

If they're going WR in that 6 spot you gotta keep Wentz. Imagine never giving Wentz any great WRs then you trade him and give Hurts a top tier young talent at WR his first full season :lol:

Wentz has the higher ceiling. One has “it”, verdict is out on the other.

im fine with either because worst case scenario, whoever it is next year...if they stink you go QB in the draft no matter what. Not mad at the idea of giving Carson a year to “figure it out” but it’s unlikely he does that here.

easiest route is a fresh start for Wentz but that talent is still there and it’s hard to give up without considering all the options. Dude is only 27.

Carson goes to the colts? They might make the AFC championship

im fine with either because worst case scenario, whoever it is next year...if they stink you go QB in the draft no matter what. Not mad at the idea of giving Carson a year to “figure it out” but it’s unlikely he does that here.

easiest route is a fresh start for Wentz but that talent is still there and it’s hard to give up without considering all the options. Dude is only 27.

Carson go to the colts and he’s that piece they’re missing . Meanwhile we’re stuck with our d*ck in our hand figuring ish out . This is a huge risk .

Carson go to the colts and he’s that piece they’re missing . Meanwhile we’re stuck with our d*ck in our hand figuring ish out . This is a huge risk .
That’s what I’m most afraid of. Colts made the playoffs with Rivers stumbling to the finish line

got a cut today (strategically held off until after the season ended). My barbers convinced that Dallas was gonna take Hurts and us taking him was a defensive move

That’s what I’m most afraid of. Colts made the playoffs with Rivers stumbling to the finish line

got a cut today (strategically held off until after the season ended). My barbers convinced that Dallas was gonna take Hurts and us taking him was a defensive move

i think the pats were going take him.. think they were heavily interested

i mean i assume we f'd for another year anyways.. and then we're trying hire a new GM and HC

but give me the 1st and whatever else.. cause colts in the right place to make a move, their pick isnt TOO sweet to stop them from making the move.. HC can advocate for it and we get to see 2 people that made us happy at least happy somewhere that aint a place we hate

I believe he just turned 28, same bday as Bron lol.

But yea to me he is still a "young" QB given his experience. If you are running it back with Howie and Doug you gotta try to make Carson work IMO, they all sink or swim together. Although I feel like Carson is getting the shortest end of the stick here

I believe he just turned 28, same bday as Bron lol.

But yea to me he is still a "young" QB given his experience. If you are running it back with Howie and Doug you gotta try to make Carson work IMO, they all sink or swim together. Although I feel like Carson is getting the shortest end of the stick here

nah man.. i disagree.. i dont think you can bring back wentz and doug together.. i mean maybe lurie gives doug and howie a year to fix shh

but if i'm wentz, i'm not wasting a year with the obvious dumb shh.. i mean salary cap stuff will force stuff

but why the first time we get a greg ward pass in 2 damn seasons, gotta be a meaningless week 17 game?

Speaking of Ward I’m ready to end that experiment. It was a feel good story but the bar was so low he looked a million times better by just being able to catch the ball

He needs to be gone next year it’s no reason he should see snaps over any of the receivers we drafted this year and whoever we draft in April

nah man.. i disagree.. i dont think you can bring back wentz and doug together.. i mean maybe lurie gives doug and howie a year to fix shh

but if i'm wentz, i'm not wasting a year with the obvious dumb shh.. i mean salary cap stuff will force stuff

but why the first time we get a greg ward pass in 2 damn seasons, gotta be a meaningless week 17 game?
I get that aspect of it, I think you can bring back Doug, with a new QB coach and new OC and still make it work. It's definitely wishful thinking but it's possible. I feel like getting rid of Wentz just makes him look like the scapegoat for Howie and Doug. Doug needs to be relieved in some capacity of the play calling. It needs to go back to whatever system was in place when Reich was here. There is a disconnect between Doug and Carson, a good QB coach and OC can fix that.

What I don't get is, why not use week 17 as an opportunity to let someone else call plays, even if it's for a quarter or for a half. A meaningless game and we've seen other coaches do this mid season with much more on the line.

Just because you on that no fap life dont mean we are, pal

I tapped out on the 31st after 2 months !! Lol was away from my girl didn’t know how to act .
1E23606F-E0F4-48B4-81A5-7EFBF9295498.jpeg

I’m back on my ishhh starting on the 4th .

Speaking of Ward I’m ready to end that experiment. It was a feel good story but the bar was so low he looked a million times better by just being able to catch the ball

He needs to be gone next year it’s no reason he should see snaps over any of the receivers we drafted this year and whoever we draft in April

I like Ward , he’s a solid WR4 , at this point he looks better then Hightower . Not reliable on the deep balls but he’ll catch the short ones

I like Ward , he’s a solid WR4 , at this point he looks better then Hightower . Not reliable on the deep balls but he’ll catch the short ones

yea.. dude is a decent backup.. plus he at least plays special teams.. but yea he's a 4-6 type

but same goes for hightower and quez

but zero clue why reagor didnt get more return opportunities especially after dude got a damn TD

Back
Top Bottom