🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

I like Ward , he’s a solid WR4 , at this point he looks better then Hightower . Not reliable on the deep balls but he’ll catch the short ones

How we gave up on Hightower after what 5 games ? Notice our deep ball disappeared once we benched him

Ward is another one of Dougs guys ala Sproles and JP but without any of the pedigree

yea.. dude is a decent backup.. plus he at least plays special teams.. but yea he's a 4-6 type

but same goes for hightower and quez

but zero clue why reagor didnt get more return opportunities especially after dude got a damn TD

ST coordinator should’ve been fired. But Doug doesn’t have the balls to do anything

I get that aspect of it, I think you can bring back Doug, with a new QB coach and new OC and still make it work. It's definitely wishful thinking but it's possible. I feel like getting rid of Wentz just makes him look like the scapegoat for Howie and Doug. Doug needs to be relieved in some capacity of the play calling. It needs to go back to whatever system was in place when Reich was here. There is a disconnect between Doug and Carson, a good QB coach and OC can fix that.

What I don't get is, why not use week 17 as an opportunity to let someone else call plays, even if it's for a quarter or for a half. A meaningless game and we've seen other coaches do this mid season with much more on the line.

i agree.. but at same time i think it's just the best for both parties.. like with agholor, in a sense.. agholor obviously still had talent but he needed to go elsewhere

like one would have thought the foles stuff would finally die.. and howie and co decide to draft a QB in the 2nd round.. and while hurts didnt light up the world, everytime wentz makes a mistake he'll have to hear about hurts.. or if you bring hurts in on a gadget play and it works wentz going have to hear shhh

just too much unnecessary shhh.. like i can only imagine being in dude's shoes and having to deal with the unnecessary BS

How we gave up on Hightower after what 5 games ? Notice our deep ball disappeared once we benched him

Ward is another one of Dougs guys ala Sproles and JP but without any of the pedigree

Lol i don’t remember which game it was but Hightower did a terrible job at tracking the ball in the air , the DB ended up picking it off cleanly. Ooh and he had some Algholor level drops when it was thrown deeply to him .

ST coordinator should’ve been fired. But Doug doesn’t have the balls to do anything

i mean maclin getting on special teams and just getting the ball in his hands and getting comfortable got dude going

just an opportunity to do stuff with the ball in your hands

again, the unnecessary BS.. like why would we keep throwing jason peters out there at 2 positions we might have guys

like i get if we moved peters to RT, since we were down to starting pryor.. but like last year, if the young guys is playing good stick with the young guy

but then we saw what happened with fulgham's snaps

i mean maclin getting on special teams and just getting the ball in his hands and getting comfortable got dude going

just an opportunity to do stuff with the ball in your hands

again, the unnecessary BS.. like why would we keep throwing jason peters out there at 2 positions we might have guys

like i get if we moved peters to RT, since we were down to starting pryor.. but like last year, if the young guys is playing good stick with the young guy

but then we saw what happened with fulgham's snaps

I knew it was gonna be a long season when Jason Peters conned his way back into this team after playing 5 games for the last 2 years .

After Nelson left and had 900 yards 8 TD I'm not giving up on any of the rookie guys. Even in the SB season Nelson didn't break 750 yards so to think Derek Carr and Gruden's trash play calling are the keys to success is nonsense.

The offensive coordinators in a lot of other franchises are better at scheming guys open and working with their strengths than we are. A top tier OC would've had our speed guys killing downfield.

After Nelson left and had 900 yards 8 TD I'm not giving up on any of the rookie guys. Even in the SB season Nelson didn't break 750 yards so to think Derek Carr and Gruden's trash play calling are the keys to success is nonsense.

The offensive coordinators in a lot of other franchises are better at scheming guys open and working with their strengths than we are. A top tier OC would've had our speed guys killing downfield.

agholor needed to go somewhere else.. aint easy playing in philly

not that dude didnt play a role in things.. but it aint easy

Greg Ward ain’t it. Dude a JAG
Hightower ain’t it. Man dropped like 3 tuddies in 5 games
Watkins I believe in, y’all seen that route on the 4th that Hurts inexplicably missed smh

Fulgham I’m very high on. Have him running those backside isolation routes and he’s money. Carson actually trusted him but Doug for some reason thought Alshon could produce smh

This shh just so dumb to me at this point

like that report about 2 defensive players having to be held back

sooooooooooo in a nationally televised game, there isn’t any video

on top of that between injuries, COVID and just resting guys we had exactly 3 defensive starters out there Sunday night.. slay, BG and hargrave

then you have sweat and singleton who are hopefully back

but why would backups care about another backup being able to get game film out there in a meaningless game

I'm pulling up to MetLife in this joint next time we play the giants

1609889876084.jpeg

Not giving up on any of the rookie WRs but Hightower was a 24 year old rookie who had opportunities to make plays so it is a bit concerning he wasn't able to do more.

Not giving up on any of the rookie WRs but Hightower was a 24 year old rookie who had opportunities to make plays so it is a bit concerning he wasn't able to do more.

i mean who’s giving up on guys

from current team, it’s only them, probably JJAW and ward that will be in camp.. I think ward is still under contract.. Not sure what fulgham’s status is

we usually carry 6.. so if we draft a guy high or 2, then reags.. that leaves 3-4 spots open

Point is JJAW should convert to TE and he’d be productive. He’s a good blocker and has the build already

Back
Top Bottom