🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Might as well go out and sign Earl Thomas if our safeties aren't gonna play right. They say he's not a great locker room guy but it already looks like the chemistry is trash anyways. So why not make a move that can at least spark something in this flat energy team

Oh look another metcalf bomb.. on gilmore!

Get howie outta here
Who would you replace Howie with?

not saying that the JJAW pick wasn’t gross negligence. But Howie is consistently ranked by his peers as a top 5 GM year in and year out.

he definitely needs to bring in 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions on talent evaluation but when it comes to managing a roster, he’s in elite company

and if you’re saying someone gotta go, then there better be a better replacement. Which I don’t see anywhere

Who would you replace Howie with?

not saying that the JJAW pick wasn’t gross negligence. But Howie is consistently ranked by his peers as a top 5 GM year in and year out.

he definitely needs to bring in 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions on talent evaluation but when it comes to managing a roster, he’s in elite company

and if you’re saying someone gotta go, then there better be a better replacement. Which I don’t see anywhere
im not going to pretend to have an answer but as a talent evaluator he has made MANY blunders over the years

I'm not even mad at Howie for his draft mistakes. I'm more upset with his lack of splash trades. There's been many times in the last couple years where a significantly talented player is acquired in a trade for like a 4th rounder and we're sitting around like "uhhh why didn't we make that offer?"

Tired of seeing guys like Mahomes and Lamar put it together quickly. And it’s year 5 and we’re having bad Carson games to start every season. Then dude has to figure it out halfway through the season to push for a playoff run.

I love his talent but it’s exhausting as a fan

Tired of seeing guys like Mahomes and Lamar put it together quickly. And it’s year 5 and we’re having bad Carson games to start every season. Then dude has to figure it out halfway through the season to push for a playoff run.

I love his talent but it’s exhausting as a fan

I really put it on the coaching personnel. QB coach, WR coach, offensive coordinator, and Doug to an extent. You dont go from borderline MVP Wentz to what we've seen way too many times ever since because you don't have the same talent. DeFillipo and Reich just had a better chemistry with Wentz and brought the best out of him. These current guys aren't doing that

Last edited:
The team looks bad on both sides of the ball too often so far in the first two games but this team was 1-2 after 3 games last season and were a choke against the Dolphins away from a 10 win season. I didn't think this roster was a super bowl contender before the season so these 2 games haven't changed that in my mind. But I'm not counting them out of a playoff spot until week 6. If they're not at least 3-3 then I'll jump on the negativity bandwagon

Y’all think Carson and Doug flat out don’t like each other? I’m starting to think they don’t, feels like they’re never on the same page anymore and I’m sure the Hurts pick made Carson feel a certain way

Y’all think Carson and Doug flat out don’t like each other? I’m starting to think they don’t, feels like they’re never on the same page anymore and I’m sure the Hurts pick made Carson feel a certain way

Wentz is the football version of Russell Westbrook. Russell is a passionate guy. He's a competitor and in his head, he can make any shot, make any pass, grab any rebound. He puts up stats some games that blow your mind but You have to control his raw talent or he gets eradic and starts taking fade-aways and pull up 3s and he's shooting 4 for 15 and he shot you out of the game.

That's Wentz. He has amazing raw talent but you have to control what he does with it. When you take the cap off, he's throwing into double coverage, trying to duck a bull rush sack, etc. I don't think Doug has the bond with Wentz to get him to use his skills to make the correct plays so he just lets Carson do his thing and it's been biting us in the *** lately.

Back
Top Bottom