🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Loved the album on first listen. It's about a 8.5-9 for me right now. Going to give it another spin after work.

That second beat on tuscon leather :x.... He did this one to really solidify himself amongst raps elite... A LOT of bars on here, great production this gives me a SFG vibe

"Take Care" is definitely better than "NWTS". 

The new **** isn't bad, but it's nothing I'd want to listen to when I'm in the mood for Drake'ish music.

Favorite tracks are "Tuscan Leather" and "Too Much". After the first song, I was expecting the album to bang. Oh well.

Kanye is ahead though. Musically. Kanyes first 3 albums >>>>> Drakes. Not even close.

I honestly dont see how that would even be an argument :lol:

And I'd definitely say Drakes a better rapper than Kanye in 2013. Pre 808s Kanye actually had that legit pure hunger in his voice

Last edited:
305 to My City in the whip 
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
  Joint just shook my rearview mirror loose on factory speakers
mean.gif

Listen to the track on some speakers or Beats and not earbuds and report back...

305 to My City in the whip :wow: :x :x :x   Joint just shook my rearview mirror loose on factory speakers :smh: .... 

Listen to the track on some speakers or Beats and not earbuds and report back...

Listened to it with beats the entire night. Nope. Still hate that 305 record. That, own it, and started I could do without.

Drake isnt liked much, I'm not particulary a fan, but some of his tracks I think are pretty good. He's a part time rapper, but better than most full time rappers.

This album is average at best.

305 to My City in the whip 
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
  Joint just shook my rearview mirror loose on factory speakers
mean.gif

Listened to it with beats the entire night. Nope. Still hate that 305 record. That, own it, and started I could do without.
Started was cool as a single, but definitely doesnt fit on the album.  Shouldve been a bonus if anything at all...

In my opinion i really believe NWTS may be better as an overall album.... Take care gets a lot of love because lets be honest the album was so easy to relate to for every guy we all been there. With that said does that really make Take care better or just easier to relate to

Not sure why people think this is wack. I'm barely even in this thread because I'm not that big of a Drake fan.

I wasn't that impressed by Take Care.
But c'mon... I gave this album a few objective spins and I can literally feel the growth in his music.

Obviously there are a few fillers, but the man made an album with GOOD music.

Singing, rapping, whatever you wanna call it. It's obviously not a great "rap" album, but its a good "music" album. The guy is growing on me, he's so skilled in different ways. The way he changes his flow from song to song, the way he transitions from singing to rapping, it's one of a kind.

Again, I'm barely in this thread so you should know I'm keepin it real. It's okay to say this isn't your cup of tea, but how can you say this is dull or boring music? It has melodies, hooks, beat changes, solid production, catchy lyrics...

I mean. Not an A+ album by any means, not even close to perfect. But how can you not say that he has progressed since Thank Me Later? That album was hot garbage compare to this. TML was a bunch of random beats with random topics and no cohesion.

This album SCREAMS cohesion.
That's all I have to say.

I don't have a problem with anyone not liking it, some people loved TML and I did not. But to not acknowledge at the very least his progression as an artist in these 13 tracks just conveys blind hate. You can't listen to these tracks all the way through and not at least say he has grown as an artist. You may not like it, but he has.

And I give him props on that.

Solid album, ill give a rating after a few more days of spins.

Not sure why people think this is wack. I'm barely even in this thread because I'm not that big of a Drake fan.

I wasn't that impressed by Take Care.
But c'mon... I gave this album a few objective spins and I can literally feel the growth in his music.

Obviously there are a few fillers, but the man made an album with GOOD music.

Singing, rapping, whatever you wanna call it. It's obviously not a great "rap" album, but its a good "music" album. The guy is growing on me, he's so skilled in different ways. The way he changes his flow from song to song, the way he transitions from singing to rapping, it's one of a kind.

Again, I'm barely in this thread so you should know I'm keepin it real. It's okay to say this isn't your cup of tea, but how can you say this is dull or boring music? It has melodies, hooks, beat changes, solid production, catchy lyrics...

I mean. Not an A+ album by any means, not even close to perfect. But how can you not say that he has progressed since Thank Me Later? That album was hot garbage compare to this. TML was a bunch of random beats with random topics and no cohesion.

This album SCREAMS cohesion.
That's all I have to say.

I don't have a problem with anyone not liking it, some people loved TML and I did not. But to not acknowledge at the very least his progression as an artist in these 13 tracks just conveys blind hate. You can't listen to these tracks all the way through and not at least say he has grown as an artist. You may not like it, but he has.

And I give him props on that.

Solid album, ill give a rating after a few more days of spins.

For me it didn't live up to the expectations he laid out for himself.

I do believe this album showed growth, and musically it's enjoyable to listen to.

However, the impression I got from the singles and his features leading up to the album were "I'm the best rapper and I'm gonna show you why"

Instead we got a lot of him saying he's the best rapper but he kinda forgot to show us the why part.

I'm a fan of dude, used to be a bigger one but the obligatory ymcmb features, the filler tracks that his earlier 2 albums had made me back pedal over time.

I'm still gonna sit with this and absorb it a little more before I give my final opinion.

For something that's supposed to be his magnum opus this just comes off underwhelming.

But how much of that musicality is ye tho? He hasn't produced in years and even when he did it was a lotttt of co production

Don't ruin it for me :rofl:

Man, the other day at work, an older lady at my job had on some older radio station, and the song Ye sampled for Touch The Sky was playing... Ye straight up stole that entire song :rofl:

I even said to my friend, Kanye is becoming the modern day Puff Daddy. I still really enjoy Yeezus for what it is. I can honestly listen to the whole thing back to back. Maybe seeing half of it performed at Governor's ball before being released helped, IDK. But I understand why most people think it's garbage.

Tuscan Leather is tooooooooooo :smokin

The only thing I gotta call Drake out on is how he says he isn't talking to Nicki....

Well pretty sure 2 weeks ago I saw him and Nicki share the stage at the Big Sean show... just sayin.

Last edited:
Seriously...BOTH beats on Furthest thing are ridiculously good. Probably my favorite track on the album right in front of Pound Cake.

Furthest Thing has been on steady repeat 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif
pimp.gif

"I can't help it I can't help it I was young and I was selfish I made every woman feel like she was mine and no one else's" 
pimp.gif

Second beat got that Lord Knows steez to it 
pimp.gif
FIRE

Last edited:
I understand where dudes are coming from that say they are "underwhelmed".

He had a prime opportunity to put the game in a stranglehold, and he failed to do so.

This was supposed to be his Magnum Opus.

It's really great music, but a lot of it doesn't do anything for you emotionally.

"From Time", "Too Much", & "Pound Cake" are the best 3 songs, hands down.

"Come Thru" is wavy as hell as well.

I still give it a solid 8.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad disappointed, though. He's capable of more.

Edit/P.S.: "Too Much" reminds me of 2Pac for some strange reason. 
laugh.gif

Maybe because it's so real. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I don't see how this is better than Born Sinner or MCHG.

I feel like I'm one of the few who loved MCHG. Minus Part II and BBC, I can still listen to it all the way through.

Don't ruin it for me :rofl:

Man, the other day at work, an older lady at my job had on some older radio station, and the song Ye sampled for Touch The Sky was playing... Ye straight up stole that entire song :rofl:

I even said to my friend, Kanye is becoming the modern day Puff Daddy. I still really enjoy Yeezus for what it is. I can honestly listen to the whole thing back to back. Maybe seeing half of it performed at Governor's ball before being released helped, IDK. But I understand why most people think it's garbage.

Tuscan Leather is tooooooooooo :smokin

The only thing I gotta call Drake out on is how he says he isn't talking to Nicki....

Well pretty sure 2 weeks ago I saw him and Nicki share the stage at the Big Sean show... just sayin.

Just Blaze produced Touch the Sky though..

"What would jeromememeromeee think"

"When a real ***** hold you down you supposed to drown"

Man what :lol:

whats wrong with that? Kanye is not a Lupe or Talib

anyways I will give this album a spin

I respect Drake and think he is talented but he isnt someone I rush to play

If I wanna hear lyrics with production im choosing Outkast, Jay, & Kendrick

If I wanna hear singing and female tracks im bumping Kellz or Miguel

Drake is here for the ladies and I respect him and salute him for that

Just because they performed together means they talk? Are you serious? That just means that they don't HATE each other and that Big Sean and his team made the calls to get them there individually.

Drake means that he used to be closer to her than anyone else in Young Money besides Wayne, and now they don't even talk because of dumb stuff he's done.

Last edited:
whats wrong with that? Kanye is not a Lupe or Talib

anyways I will give this album a spin

I respect Drake and think he is talented but he isnt someone I rush to play

If I wanna hear lyrics with production im choosing Outkast, Jay, & Kendrick

If I wanna hear singing and female tracks im bumping Kellz or Miguel

Drake is here for the ladies and I respect him and salute him for that

Yeah but if ye doesn't rap well, doesn't produce virtually anything, he doesn't sing well....what is ye actually good at? Serious question.

I think drake is an underrated rapper because people ignore all his rap records and say he's here for the ladies. He rapped a lot on take care and rapped even more on this album.

Back
Top Bottom